Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Fia Might Order Power Down On Ferrari, Mercedes And Bmw.

Loopholes sounds like the sport of Lawyers .

Yes well Formula One is the business of racing, there are a lot of lawyers in business, and lawyers like sport, and...erm. Anyway you see my point. Maybe.

What a load of b*******.

Spec bore, spec stroke, spec minimum weight, spec center of gravity, spec no. of cylinders, spec V angle, spec max RPMs, spec ECU and still they found ways to un-spec them.

So now the losers/cry-babies what the FIA to come down on Ferrari/Mercedes/BMW just because they worked harder and got the rightly deserved results.

What about racing being a competition ?! :wtf::frusty::reddevile::reddevile::reddevile:

I agree, the suggestion of a power cut to certain teams whom of which have done the R & D and maybe just maybe been good enough to find a expliot a loophole is utter BU!!$H!T.

Yes but most teams can not compete with Toyota,Ferrari and McLaren in the cost side.

All that will happen is Ferrari and Mclaren will get Richer and quicker and other teams like Force India who can not match the development costs will fall away.

I feel a budget cap is the best way to go to insure good racing.

Would you prefer 3 drivers who are the only realistic option to win the race (Felipe,Kimi and Lewis) With a few others nicking podiums (Nick.Kubica Kovy and Trulli) or 22 Cars battling where anyone can win.

If a budget cap did come in we would be seeing tighter championships and the likes of Kubica,Vettel and a few others serious title contenders.

You want that watch A1 :D

Not so long ago Renault was the engine everyone wanted.

I bet Adrian Newey is kicking himself right about now.

Personally, I think the engine freeze is one of the stupidest ideas ever. If you make such a stupid rule, you should expect teams trying to find loopholes and you should expect teams which are not smart/patient enough to find one to ask for them to be closed.

Stupid rules enforce stupid behavior

Yup.

:lol: I don't underestimate their numbers, but the vast majority of them know nothing about the technical side that they claim is so interesting. Also I think everyone underestimates the number of people who might watch F1 if every driver had a fair shot at winning.

Formula One just won't be Formula One without the technical aspect of the sport.

They're not exploiting a loophole. It's written in that they can make changes to the engine if it increases reliability and cost savings, and the FIA checks everything anyway before they can make the small changes. Some benefits of these changes are an increase to horse power.

No one is cheating, or using a loophole.

Its engineering done right.

Horner himself said Renault took it literally that you can't change anything. It was an engine homogolation (or how ever you spell it), not a freeze.

They're not exploiting a loophole. It's written in that they can make changes to the engine if it increases reliability and cost savings, and the FIA checks everything anyway before they can make the small changes. Some benefits of these changes are an increase to horse power.

Horner himself said Renault took it literally that you can't change anything. It was an engine homogolation (or how ever you spell it), not a freeze.

Renault is just too honest for this sport called Formula One if they interpreted the rule that way.

No wonder Ferrari engines still keep failing! :D , so we can expect more upgrades? hehe..fantastic...Renault has nothing much to lose, so whey not blow Piquet's engines for the remaining races? anyways he is not going to score points! :P

Renault is just too honest for this sport called Formula One if they interpreted the rule that way.

What was it? :D Honest? Mass Dampers anyone? I still say it was a good thing, FIA shouldn't have banned it, but Renault did bend rules in the past, it is just that they don't know how to do it in this case. I think Reno's engines are made by someother out fit, right? Correct me if I am wrong.

What was it? :D Honest? Mass Dampers anyone? I still say it was a good thing, FIA shouldn't have banned it, but Renault did bend rules in the past, it is just that they don't know how to do it in this case. I think Reno's engines are made by someother out fit, right? Correct me if I am wrong.

With the mass dampers, I don't believe that Renault knowingly broke the rules. Remember that the mass dampers where passed legal at one stage (2005), then after Ferrari whinged, the FIA deemed them to be a movable aero device and they where banned (2006).

The engines are built by Renault themselves at Viry-Chatillon in France. What I think you maybe thinking of Abbas is Renault Sport, which is a motorsport division of Renault, but they have nothing to do with the F1 team.

With the mass dampers, I don't believe that Renault knowingly broke the rules. Remember that the mass dampers where passed legal at one stage (2005), then after Ferrari whinged, the FIA deemed them to be a movable aero device and they where banned (2006).

The engines are built by Renault themselves at Viry-Chatillon in France. What I think you maybe thinking of Abbas is Renault Sport, which is a motorsport division of Renault, but they have nothing to do with the F1 team.

Nathan, :D I never said it was illegal! :P I say what Renault are doing is something what Ferrari did to them in the past, when they realised Mass dampers never suited Bridgestones, they whined. Oh thanks for the correction though.

Common, bring the Fake fuel tank back! :D

Nathan, :D I never said it was illegal! :P I say what Renault are doing is something what Ferrari did to them in the past, when they realised Mass dampers never suited Bridgestones, they whined. Oh thanks for the correction though.

Common, bring the Fake fuel tank back! :D

True, they are whinging like Ferrari did when they used the mass dampers. But I must say good luck in getting a regulation changed when that regulation currently suits Ferrari!!! Renault will have to look at ways to improve reliabilty and also increase HP, just like Ferrari have done. The rule book is always open to intepetation I guess.

Mosley has called on teams to work together to create common suspensions, tires and gear boxes.

I'm not sure if Max understands that he has a snow flakes chance in hell of that happening.

What a bloody joke!!!

I'm not sure if Max understands that he has a snow flakes chance in hell of that happening.

What a bloody joke!!!

Well the teams have formed a Team Association....

Teams confirm new union, appoint chairman

MONZA, Italy, Sept 12, 2008 (AFP) - Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has been appointed as chairman of a new Formula One teams

The ten teams set up the association to make sure that they are not steamrolled by proposals from the FIA and its embattled 67-year-old president Max Mosley

Such groups wouldn't need to be established if we had a leader of the FIA who listens to the team principals. Max is constantly doing more and more damage to the sport with his wild ideas of making F1 into a control class.

The likes of Colin Chapman would be turning in their graves at the suggestions.

Question for you all:

Is it possible for the teams to not be governed by the FIA in the future?? I know that WRC is, along with World Touring Cars but notable exceptions are MotoGP and NASCAR. Or is a contract in place with the FIA and Formula One?? If someone knows more about this topic post away!!!

Just reflecting back to the original post

Would it not be concieveable that the PARENT Red Bull Team would be talking to the CHILD Red Bull team re setup etc. as it is evidentl that the CHILD Team have been, and are, performing up to if not better then the PARENT team ? Same Chassis just different engine, the CHILD team have say 160 odd personal, the PARENT team have, well double that number of people at least.

If I was a Business manager of BOTH those teams I would be asking the question. How come the lower agency of the company can out perform the Parent company?

In reality, considering that all the component parts of the race car are similiar, apart from the ENGINE, it can only be deduced that it is the ENGINE that makes the difference.

Is that not a reasonable deduction ?

Just reflecting back to the original post

Would it not be concieveable that the PARENT Red Bull Team would be talking to the CHILD Red Bull team re setup etc. as it is evidentl that the CHILD Team have been, and are, performing up to if not better then the PARENT team ? Same Chassis just different engine, the CHILD team have say 160 odd personal, the PARENT team have, well double that number of people at least.

If I was a Business manager of BOTH those teams I would be asking the question. How come the lower agency of the company can out perform the Parent company?

In reality, considering that all the component parts of the race car are similiar, apart from the ENGINE, it can only be deduced that it is the ENGINE that makes the difference.

Is that not a reasonable deduction ?

Ummm............ Spot on Rodders :D

Quote from Christian Horner on the subject:

Yeah Rodders, they share everything like crazy, so yes it does come down to the powerplant, plus the throttle jockey. Mmm....is that an underhanded poke at Webber???? :P

Thats why they DON'T need 400 people at the old Minardi base - they don't house design teams etc there, so no need for anyone other than the mechanics and race crews to be there.

Which is also why I said in another post that this IS NOT Minardi, and unlike what James Allen would have everyone believe, that car does not have "Minardi DNA". This team is an off shoot team of Red Bull. Red Bull runs a FOUR CAR, TWO ENGINE team. If they all had the same engine, then look out everyone! Four times the data, four times the testing......vrrrm vrrrrm vrrrrm vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-cough

I'm a fan of customer cars, 1-team cars, and up to 4-car teams...hmmm... maybe thats what i like about IRL.... go figure

Yeah well I think MW will need to LIFT his RACE game a bit next year when SV joins them. MW is great in Qualy but has not made that same perfomance on race day.

IF the two red bull teams have the same engine suppliers as they have now for 2009 it will be very interesting to see how well SV does in what is surely an underpowered race car!!!!! (Red Bull Parent Company)