Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

With Just 4 Races To Go...

Singapore:

Lewis leads until he presses the wrong button. It's the death ray button, which hits Kimi and kills him. Nobody seems to notice as he doesn't looks too alive actually but the stewards give him a drive through penalty, anyways, because the ray cutted the chicane. That messes his race. Kimi makes a posthumous fastest lap, though.

Massa takes the lead and builds a comfortable 42 minutes gap from the second place. Regretfully, a single drop of water falls on the track making him spin so hard that he looks like Herves Villachaise when it stops.

Winner: Alonso.

China:

Lewis leads again. Brilliant race but unfortunately he thinks his left ear is actually Webber trying to overtake him. He swerves violently to the left and crashes against the China Wall. Afterwards, he is given a retroactive drive through because some of the debris cutted the chicane. Massa leads but Kimi is up to the fight. (Yeah, he resurected...looks just like he did when he was dead). Massa overheats his engine and it blows up. Kimi decides to crash against the China Wall, the only wall he hasn't still crashed with.

Winner: Alonso. During the podium ceremony, we hear that Kimi makes a fastest lap.

Japan

It rains. Massa slips while trying to enter the c#ckpit and gets knocked unconscious for the remainder of the race. Kimi leads from the beggining. Oddly enough, he crashed again against a wall, and it is the China Wall! Lewis is the sure winner but the team messes up the strategy. They chose truck sized tires after his second pitstop. It was a gamble but it didn't pay out. Ron takes full responsibility and says "Well, if the others had chosen the same tires, we would have won". Ron is given a drive through for cutting the chicane.

Winner: Alonso. Kimi makes the fastest lap but discovers that the race was over two weeks ago and he should be already in Braziil.

Brazil:

Massa leads. Unfortunately Schumi is in charge of giving him deirectives. He gets confused when he hears through the radio things like "Vatch out for ze evil Colombian guy! Don't let Mikka take the inside! Wait for Barrichello and make a 1-2 arrival!" He awaits for Barrichello and ends up in 21st position.

Meanwhile Kimi has not arrived from Japan. Lewis cuts the chicane. The FIA punishes him. The bees make honey and the birds sing. Summer of '42 is gone and a part of my childhood with it.

Winner: Alonso. Heikki finishes the Singapore race.

:D:D:D How very true!

Thats why Lewis will win the 2008 WDC. Felipe isn't a driver I would be proud of winning the Championship. He isn't a champion.

That is a little nasty, but I just don't think Felipe is ;)

Quite right nathan - Massa is a very pleasant young man, and not at all a nasty person.

Thats why Lewis will win the 2008 WDC. Felipe isn't a driver I would be proud of winning the Championship. He isn't a champion.

That is a little nasty, but I just don't think Felipe is ;)

Why is that. Look at Massa's record since joining the top team Ferrari. Pretty impressive. His wet driving is not that bad. The spinfest at Silverstone was Ferrari's Fault more then Massa's. Wet weather does not mean Hamilton is going to do better. Look at Monza. All wet weather does is make it a crap shoot and totally throw the podium wide open for everybody.

It is going to be fight right done to the wire. I was going to say Kimi can be a better teammate the Kovalakin, but he is just so unpredictable. You never know where he might end up.

Massa is driving really smooth and not making any mistakes. Hamilton's style on the other hand could lead to trouble for him. Bump and run may work in Nascar, but in F1 it can bite you in the a##. Doing a risk assement then on the driving styles, I will pick Massa to win. Less to go wrong, and when he is on it, no one can touch him.

Quite right nathan - Massa is a very pleasant young man, and not at all a nasty person.

Ha, sorry I meant Felipe just isn't a Champion in my eyes ;)

Why is that. Look at Massa's record since joining the top team Ferrari. Pretty impressive. His wet driving is not that bad. The spinfest at Silverstone was Ferrari's Fault more then Massa's. Wet weather does not mean Hamilton is going to do better. Look at Monza. All wet weather does is make it a crap shoot and totally throw the podium wide open for everybody.

It is going to be fight right done to the wire. I was going to say Kimi can be a better teammate the Kovalakin, but he is just so unpredictable. You never know where he might end up.

Massa is driving really smooth and not making any mistakes. Hamilton's style on the other hand could lead to trouble for him. Bump and run may work in Nascar, but in F1 it can bite you in the a##. Doing a risk assement then on the driving styles, I will pick Massa to win. Less to go wrong, and when he is on it, no one can touch him.

My reasons are based on Felipe not showing the sorts of attributes of former World Champions. Quite right he is a great driver make no doubt about it , but something is missing for me to consider him worthy of being the World Champion. Maybe it's that he is average in the wet, maybe it's that we are yet to see a inspired drive to win, maybe it's that almost all of his wins have come from the front row of the grid.

If Felipe wins the Championship he can thank Lewis for running up the back of Kimi in Canada.

Singapore:

Lewis leads until he presses the wrong button. It's the death ray button, which hits Kimi and kills him. Nobody seems to notice as he doesn't looks too alive actually but the stewards give him a drive through penalty, anyways, because the ray cutted the chicane. That messes his race. Kimi makes a posthumous fastest lap, though.

Massa takes the lead and builds a comfortable 42 minutes gap from the second place. Regretfully, a single drop of water falls on the track making him spin so hard that he looks like Herves Villachaise when it stops.

China:

Lewis leads again. Brilliant race but unfortunately he thinks his left ear is actually Webber trying to overtake him. He swerves violently to the left and crashes against the China Wall. Afterwards, he is given a retroactive drive through because some of the debris cutted the chicane. Massa leads but Kimi is up to the fight. (Yeah, he resurected...looks just like he did when he was dead). Massa overheats his engine and it blows up. Kimi decides to crash against the China Wall, the only wall he hasn't still crashed with.

Winner: Alonso. During the podium ceremony, we hear that Kimi makes a fastest lap.

Japan

It rains. Massa slips while trying to enter the c#ckpit and gets knocked unconscious for the remainder of the race. Kimi leads from the beggining. Oddly enough, he crashed again against a wall, and it is the China Wall! Lewis is the sure winner but the team messes up the strategy. They chose truck sized tires after his second pitstop. It was a gamble but it didn't pay out. Ron takes full responsibility and says "Well, if the others had chosen the same tires, we would have won". Ron is given a drive through for cutting the chicane.

Winner: Alonso. Kimi makes the fastest lap but discovers that the race was over two weeks ago and he should be already in Braziil.

Brazil:

Massa leads. Unfortunately Schumi is in charge of giving him deirectives. He gets confused when he hears through the radio things like "Vatch out for ze evil Colombian guy! Don't let Mikka take the inside! Wait for Barrichello and make a 1-2 arrival!" He awaits for Barrichello and ends up in 21st position.

Meanwhile Kimi has not arrived from Japan. Lewis cuts the chicane. The FIA punishes him. The bees make honey and the birds sing. Summer of '42 is gone and a part of my childhood with it.

Nice one Andres.... :D

When people say Massa is not worthy of being a champion - whilst he is unexciting and variable, he has consistently scored the points and occasionally driven a barn-storming drive. So IMHO he's as deserving as Kimi of the championship (who you could argue did the same thing in 2007 and sadly has failed to shine this year).

Massa - perhaps not one of F1's greatest champs but could be worse....

Massa is surely the favourite now. Lewis has a good chance in Singapore, although that race is hard to predict, and anywhere with rain. If it's dry in all the remaining races, Massa will win and become one of the worst WDCs in living memory.

You can't win at least 4 races and be that bad. Hawthorne won with just one race victory to the 4 victories of Moss.

Singapore:

China:

Japan

Brazil:

HAHAHA Andres.... you're on top form here!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Singapore:

China:

Japan

Brazil:

Excellent :lol:

Singapore:

China:

Japan

Brazil:

:lol: nice one Andres!!!!

But that means, Lewis is the WDC by one point? :D , yes it is.

I have to ask is the "china" wall made of china ?

With 4 races left I would think Kimi rear ends Lewis just before hitting the china wall while at Brazil .

BRILLIANT!!

And Kimi returns from the dead! SUPERB!!!

:lol: nice one Andres!!!!

But that means, Lewis is the WDC by one point? :D , yes it is.

Notice it does not mention Kubica? Guess what that means ;)

Ha, sorry I meant Felipe just isn't a Champion in my eyes ;)

My reasons are based on Felipe not showing the sorts of attributes of former World Champions. Quite right he is a great driver make no doubt about it , but something is missing for me to consider him worthy of being the World Champion. Maybe it's that he is average in the wet, maybe it's that we are yet to see a inspired drive to win, maybe it's that almost all of his wins have come from the front row of the grid.

If Felipe wins the Championship he can thank Lewis for running up the back of Kimi in Canada.

I guess you missed Hungary. The pass to overtake Hamilton in the first corner, and then he just drove away from the field. His engine caved, so he did not score a point , but an inspired drive it was.

WHo doesn't win from the front of the pack. Has there been one winner this year that started any further back then from the first two rows of the grid????

Look at Massa victories since joining a top team. Over the last three years how many guys can equal his performance?

As Kubica said, peoples opinion of Massa was made up years ago, and now that opinion is hard to change. The fact is the guy has improved, why wouldn't he. Isn't that what maturing is all about. On top of that he has learned to be humble. He is appreciative of his team and understands what driving in F1 is like if you are not on a top team. Ask JB, DC,FA, JV, Without that ride, you don't have a hope in hell of ever being champion.

Yes Massa is a worthy champion. People speak of the fallen KR, but why do they think he is fallen. One of the perceived gifted drivers in F1 is being totally beaten by the "not worthy" FM. So stuck in the opinion that Massa is not worthy, they are even crapping on KR to somehow minimize the performance of Massa. IT has always been in F1, when your team mate beats you in the same equipment, there can be no doubt who the better driver is. I suppose some will want to change that cornerstone truth as well.

How about I turn the tables. THe Ferrari is less then perfect. Bad enough in fact that one of the most gifted drivers in F1, a current WDC can not get the car to perform well enough to qualify or finish consistantly. His teammate is winning poles and victories in the same less then perfect car. The thought used to be it was the mark of a real champion to win a championship in a car that was not the best.

IF FM wins the WDC he will be as most deserving as anyone in recent memory. The Ferrari is not the best car on the grid. KR is proof of that. Ferrari has been less then perfect behind the pit wall as well this year. Massa however is overcoming the shortfalls of the Ferrari and making a run on the championship. Massa not worthy!!!!! I don't think so. He should be the story of F1 this year. He is making a run on the WDC inspite of the Ferrari. That team with a couple of poor race strategies and the failed motor at Hungary have let him down,otherwise he would be the run away leader in the championship.

IF Mclaren don't win this year, that will be two years in a row that the best car on the grid has come up short. When was the last time that happened???

I guess you missed Hungary. The pass to overtake Hamilton in the first corner, and then he just drove away from the field. His engine caved, so he did not score a point , but an inspired drive it was.

WHo doesn't win from the front of the pack. Has there been one winner this year that started any further back then from the first two rows of the grid????

Look at Massa victories since joining a top team. Over the last three years how many guys can equal his performance?

As Kubica said, peoples opinion of Massa was made up years ago, and now that opinion is hard to change. The fact is the guy has improved, why wouldn't he. Isn't that what maturing is all about. On top of that he has learned to be humble. He is appreciative of his team and understands what driving in F1 is like if you are not on a top team. Ask JB, DC,FA, JV, Without that ride, you don't have a hope in hell of ever being champion.

Yes Massa is a worthy champion. People speak of the fallen KR, but why do they think he is fallen. One of the perceived gifted drivers in F1 is being totally beaten by the "not worthy" FM. So stuck in the opinion that Massa is not worthy, they are even crapping on KR to somehow minimize the performance of Massa. IT has always been in F1, when your team mate beats you in the same equipment, there can be no doubt who the better driver is. I suppose some will want to change that cornerstone truth as well.

How about I turn the tables. THe Ferrari is less then perfect. Bad enough in fact that one of the most gifted drivers in F1, a current WDC can not get the car to perform well enough to qualify or finish consistantly. His teammate is winning poles and victories in the same less then perfect car. The thought used to be it was the mark of a real champion to win a championship in a car that was not the best.

IF FM wins the WDC he will be as most deserving as anyone in recent memory. The Ferrari is not the best car on the grid. KR is proof of that. Ferrari has been less then perfect behind the pit wall as well this year. Massa however is overcoming the shortfalls of the Ferrari and making a run on the championship. Massa not worthy!!!!! I don't think so. He should be the story of F1 this year. He is making a run on the WDC inspite of the Ferrari. That team with a couple of poor race strategies and the failed motor at Hungary have let him down,otherwise he would be the run away leader in the championship.

IF Mclaren don't win this year, that will be two years in a row that the best car on the grid has come up short. When was the last time that happened???

I have to ask the question, why only judge Massa when he's been at a top team, though?

Even so, Massa has been in a top team for 2 full seasons so far. Obviously, it looks like he will beat Kimi this year, but until the end of the season, we can't say for definite. So, on that basis Massa in 2 full years at a top team has got 174pts. Alonso in 2 full years at a top team got 243pts. Kimi, who's only really had 1 full season at a top team because McLaren were off the pace in 2006, has scored 175pts. I would say, though, that while Massa has been at a top team, he has had difficult team mates to beat.

Massa has had 5 full seasons in F1 and beaten his team mate once. If he beats Kimi this year, that would make it 4-2, which is not a great record. You can argue that he's much improved and I would agree with you completely. However, he will only be considered to be much improved if he uses this year as a springboard and continues on. If he were to get beaten by Kimi next year, then people will just say, probably wrongly, that Kimi had a blip this year. Unfortunate, but it would happen.

I don't mean this to disrespect Massa, as a driver, I really like the guy and he's obviously very quick, but it's just an indication of why people see him as 'just' Massa. Anyway, stop your whinging, it's nothing to what us Damon Hill fan(s) had to endure..........................and Damon was better in the wet :whistling::lol:

Edit: Couldn't count :whistling:

I have to ask the question, why only judge Massa when he's been at a top team, though?

Even so, Massa has been in a top team for 2 full seasons so far. Obviously, it looks like he will beat Kimi this year, but until the end of the season, we can't say for definite. So, on that basis Massa in 2 full years at a top team has got 174pts. Alonso in 2 full years at a top team got 243pts. Kimi, who's only really had 1 full season at a top team because McLaren were off the pace in 2006, has scored 175pts. I would say, though, that while Massa has been at a top team, he has had difficult team mates to beat.

Massa has had 5 full seasons in F1 and beaten his team mate once. If he beats Kimi this year, that would make it 4-2, which is not a great record. You can argue that he's much improved and I would agree with you completely. However, he will only be considered to be much improved if he uses this year as a springboard and continues on. If he were to get beaten by Kimi next year, then people will just say, probably wrongly, that Kimi had a blip this year. Unfortunate, but it would happen.

I don't mean this to disrespect Massa, as a driver, I really like the guy and he's obviously very quick, but it's just an indication of why people see him as 'just' Massa. Anyway, stop your whinging, it's nothing to what us Damon Hill fan(s) had to endure..........................and Damon was better in the wet :whistling::lol:

Edit: Couldn't count :whistling:

Why. Because F1 is all about the present. What a driver did early on in his career is irrelevent to his later performances. Is the concept of improvement not known to some of you????? Truth is he out qualified MS on a couple of occasions, and is wiping the floor with KR this year. Not bad competition to judge him against, however all that matters is the here and now

I agree it's time to challenge the preconceptions. I don't want him to be WDC simply because I don't like the guy- not because of his driving. I think it's fairly clear that the Ferrari is a terrible car in the wet weather (although I can't help but feel Lewis would be able to drive it better; or at least not spin 5 times). Worthy champion? If he gets more points I'd have to say yes.

I really hope it doesn't happen though. Sorry.

Why. Because F1 is all about the present. What a driver did early on in his career is irrelevent to his later performances. Is the concept of improvement not known to some of you????? Truth is he out qualified MS on a couple of occasions, and is wiping the floor with KR this year. Not bad competition to judge him against, however all that matters is the here and now

I already said he was improved, did you not read that bit???? :lol:

Anyway, I will respectfully have to disagree. A driver can't just be about now, that's far too dismissive. Form is temporary, class is permanent, as the saying goes.

I agree it's time to challenge the preconceptions. I don't want him to be WDC simply because I don't like the guy- not because of his driving. I think it's fairly clear that the Ferrari is a terrible car in the wet weather (although I can't help but feel Lewis would be able to drive it better; or at least not spin 5 times). Worthy champion? If he gets more points I'd have to say yes.

I really hope it doesn't happen though. Sorry.

I am curious, Oli, what don't you like about Massa ?? :lol:

Can't really explain it. I think it might be because he's too nice, and I hate the idea of nice guys winning the WDC. Hence the reason why Lewis's drive at Monza has really endeared him to me......

Can't really explain it. I think it might be because he's too nice, and I hate the idea of nice guys winning the WDC. Hence the reason why Lewis's drive at Monza has really endeared him to me......

Fair enough :lol:

Yes there is that. But the main thing for me is the amount of help he's had, you know the way Schumi has to coach him, how he needs so much support. I realised that I don't like this in a racing driver.

Yeah Felipe's drive in Hungary was probably his best to date and it was a pity to see the engine let him down.

Ofcourse most GP wins come from the front of the grid but you will find many examples of other world champions are good enough to win from the second and thrid row of the grid through being able to overtake cars just as fast as theirs and through the ability of putting in good in and out laps to overtake during pit stops both are qualities Felipe is not quite as good as others at doing.

Felipe is as good as anyone when you give him the lead and he can drive away from the field but maybe through circumstance or whatever thats how all of his wins come.

Granted he is driving alot better than Kimi at the moment and that is a real blot of Kimi's coffee book because he knows that he should be beating Felipe. Ferrari know that he should be beat Felipe, Felipe isn't the one they thought would be their championship contender in 2008. But he is and I accept that he has driven better than Kimi but his short falls still render him less than a World Champion in my book.

Just my honest opinion, it's fine that we disagree YHR :D

Surely any champion is worthy.

They were the most consistent over the season and thus deserve to be champion.

You're right. If Felipe wins he will be worthy, but Kimi and Lewis should be ashamed of themselves to have let a driver like Felipe take the championship.

Bah! I don't care if Schumacher and Massa have secretly swapped bodies for the year: Massa still wouldn't be worthy imho.