Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

With Just 4 Races To Go...

Yeah Felipe's drive in Hungary was probably his best to date and it was a pity to see the engine let him down.

Ofcourse most GP wins come from the front of the grid but you will find many examples of other world champions are good enough to win from the second and thrid row of the grid through being able to overtake cars just as fast as theirs and through the ability of putting in good in and out laps to overtake during pit stops both are qualities Felipe is not quite as good as others at doing.

Felipe is as good as anyone when you give him the lead and he can drive away from the field but maybe through circumstance or whatever thats how all of his wins come.

Granted he is driving alot better than Kimi at the moment and that is a real blot of Kimi's coffee book because he knows that he should be beating Felipe. Ferrari know that he should be beat Felipe, Felipe isn't the one they thought would be their championship contender in 2008. But he is and I accept that he has driven better than Kimi but his short falls still render him less than a World Champion in my book.

Just my honest opinion, it's fine that we disagree YHR :D

You're right. If Felipe wins he will be worthy, but Kimi and Lewis should be ashamed of themselves to have let a driver like Felipe take the championship.

I just don't get it. I just hope he wins next year too. Hey don't get me wrong. It is fine to disagree. I just like to find the reasons behind the opinion. Really what I hear is that most of the reason's that people don't think FM should win is because. Hey that's fine with me.

He has shown steady improvement over the years, and has a good chance to win it all. He might not be a master in the rain, but he won Spa in it while his team mate hit a wall.

Here is a summary of Felipe's Qualifying position for the 10 GP's he has won thus far:

2006 Turkish GP

Qualifying position: Pole

2006 Brazilian GP

2007 Bahrain GP

2007 Spanish GP

2007 Turkish GP

2008 Bahrian GP

Qualifying position: 2nd

2008 Turkish GP

2008 French GP

2008 European GP

2008 Belgium GP

Felipe is a sure bet for the victory when he is on pole.

Okay boil them results down a little more and you see that when Felipe wasn't on pole he either was first after lap one, or was gifted the win. Explainations are as follows:

Felipe lost the pole to Robert in Bahrain 2008 this year, but had past Robert on the run down to turn one and lead from there.

The 2008 French GP Felipe qualified 2nd, and inherited the win after the broken exhaust on Kimi's car.

We all know about what happened for Felipe to be given the win at Spa this month.

Felipe would have the best pole to victory win ratio in history I should imagine :D

Even though FM spun in the wet like a top in Silverstone... He still showed that wonderful tussle with Kubica last year and again in Monza with Roseberg.... Both in rain...

The main reason i want/hope Massa wins is that he is like the underdog and alos whenever he wins he has the same pleasure on his face as he won his first race... And he is a very nice and fair driver.. And his improvements after joining Ferrari are considerable...

Has Lewis had an engine change this year yet?

No Lewis hasn't used his one free engine change as yet this season. A slight advantage over Felipe who has used his one free engine change already.

Lewis goes to Singapore with a new engine, Felipe goes in with the same engine he used in Monza.

No Lewis hasn't used his one free engine change as yet this season. A slight advantage over Felipe who has used his one free engine change already.

Lewis goes to Singapore with a new engine, Felipe goes in with the same engine he used in Monza.

I am guessing the engines were not worked hard at Monza, and cooling would not have been a problem. I doubt an engine with one wet race on it has been taxed that much. The Ferrari should be fine.

Thanks for the summary on Massa's wins. When he's connected, he is hard to beat

Here is a summary of Felipe's Qualifying position for the 10 GP's he has won thus far:

2006 Turkish GP

2006 Brazilian GP

2007 Bahrain GP

2007 Spanish GP

2007 Turkish GP

2008 Bahrian GP

2008 Turkish GP

2008 French GP

2008 European GP

2008 Belgium GP

Felipe is a sure bet for the victory when he is on pole.

Okay boil them results down a little more and you see that when Felipe wasn't on pole he either was first after lap one, or was gifted the win. Explainations are as follows:

Felipe lost the pole to Robert in Bahrain 2008 this year, but had past Robert on the run down to turn one and lead from there.

The 2008 French GP Felipe qualified 2nd, and inherited the win after the broken exhaust on Kimi's car.

We all know about what happened for Felipe to be given the win at Spa this month.

Felipe would have the best pole to victory win ratio in history I should imagine :D

Probably not much different then Schumacher's at Ferrari

Singapore:

Lewis leads until he presses the wrong button. It's the death ray button, which hits Kimi and kills him. Nobody seems to notice as he doesn't looks too alive actually but the stewards give him a drive through penalty, anyways, because the ray cutted the chicane. That messes his race. Kimi makes a posthumous fastest lap, though.

Massa takes the lead and builds a comfortable 42 minutes gap from the second place. Regretfully, a single drop of water falls on the track making him spin so hard that he looks like Herves Villachaise when it stops.

Meanwhile, stealthily, Kubica hired some Polish mechanics from a corner service station in Liverpool. As a result his tire pressure is correct, his radio works, his fuel rig doesn't jam, and he comes in second, but nobody notices until he reaches podium, and that's only after Alonso kisses him full on the lips

Winner: Alonso.

China:

Lewis leads again. Brilliant race but unfortunately he thinks his left ear is actually Webber trying to overtake him. He swerves violently to the left and crashes against the China Wall. Afterwards, he is given a retroactive drive through because some of the debris cutted the chicane. Massa leads but Kimi is up to the fight. (Yeah, he resurected...looks just like he did when he was dead). Massa overheats his engine and it blows up. Kimi decides to crash against the China Wall, the only wall he hasn't still crashed with.

Theissen begins to catch on Kubica's shenanigans and forces him to share the Polish mechanics with Heidfeld. However, brilliant Kubica gives his German teammate only sober mechanics; as a result Heidfeld finishes in the top five, bu Kubica is still third

Winner: Alonso. During the podium ceremony, we hear that Kimi makes a fastest lap.

Japan

It rains. Massa slips while trying to enter the c#ckpit and gets knocked unconscious for the remainder of the race. Kimi leads from the beggining. Oddly enough, he crashed again against a wall, and it is the China Wall! Lewis is the sure winner but the team messes up the strategy. They chose truck sized tires after his second pitstop. It was a gamble but it didn't pay out. Ron takes full responsibility and says "Well, if the others had chosen the same tires, we would have won". Ron is given a drive through for cutting the chicane.

Winner: Alonso. Kimi makes the fastest lap but discovers that the race was over two weeks ago and he should be already in Braziil.

Note - Mario Theissen finally realizes that Kubica's Polish mechanics are destroying his carefully crafted plan that has Kubica winning WDC in 2020, has them deported (they hijack the plane and land in London instead of Warsaw, but have a drunken party with the air crew and the SWAT team and are allowed to stay), and forces Kubica to use the highly trained BMW mechanics. As a result Kubica's wheels fall off, the pit crew has no comm and replaces his front wing instead, and he finishes 11th - still 1 place ahead of Nick.

Brazil:

Massa leads. Unfortunately Schumi is in charge of giving him deirectives. He gets confused when he hears through the radio things like "Vatch out for ze evil Colombian guy! Don't let Mikka take the inside! Wait for Barrichello and make a 1-2 arrival!" He awaits for Barrichello and ends up in 21st position.

Meanwhile Kimi has not arrived from Japan. Lewis cuts the chicane. The FIA punishes him. The bees make honey and the birds sing. Summer of '42 is gone and a part of my childhood with it.

Winner: Alonso. Heikki finishes the Singapore race.

Note- Kubica is forced to give up his mechanics to Nick to help him out, runs out of fuel 3 laps before the end of the race and is classified 1 place behind Nick, who is promptly replaced with Alonso.

Alonso leaves the podium, kisses dejected Kubi on the lips, and everyone ends up playing poker in the Force India motor home.

THE END

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I am guessing the engines were not worked hard at Monza, and cooling would not have been a problem. I doubt an engine with one wet race on it has been taxed that much. The Ferrari should be fine.

Yup I would agree that, the Monza engine will be in better condition due to the wet weather race opposed to if the race was run in the dry. And plus Ferrari look to have sorted out the problem they had with the conrods.

Thanks for the summary on Massa's wins. When he's connected, he is hard to beat

That's for sure :D

Pleasure :D

Probably not much different then Schumacher's at Ferrari

:eusa_think:

Michael had 68 Poles and 91 wins = 74.7% Conversion percentage

Felipe has 8 Poles and 10 wins = 80% Conversion percentage

Both are extremely impressive :D

Singapore:

Lewis leads until he presses the wrong button. It's the death ray button, which hits Kimi and kills him. Nobody seems to notice as he doesn't looks too alive actually but the stewards give him a drive through penalty, anyways, because the ray cutted the chicane. That messes his race. Kimi makes a posthumous fastest lap, though.

Massa takes the lead and builds a comfortable 42 minutes gap from the second place. Regretfully, a single drop of water falls on the track making him spin so hard that he looks like Herves Villachaise when it stops.

Winner: Alonso.

China:

Lewis leads again. Brilliant race but unfortunately he thinks his left ear is actually Webber trying to overtake him. He swerves violently to the left and crashes against the China Wall. Afterwards, he is given a retroactive drive through because some of the debris cutted the chicane. Massa leads but Kimi is up to the fight. (Yeah, he resurected...looks just like he did when he was dead). Massa overheats his engine and it blows up. Kimi decides to crash against the China Wall, the only wall he hasn't still crashed with.

Winner: Alonso. During the podium ceremony, we hear that Kimi makes a fastest lap.

Japan

It rains. Massa slips while trying to enter the c#ckpit and gets knocked unconscious for the remainder of the race. Kimi leads from the beggining. Oddly enough, he crashed again against a wall, and it is the China Wall! Lewis is the sure winner but the team messes up the strategy. They chose truck sized tires after his second pitstop. It was a gamble but it didn't pay out. Ron takes full responsibility and says "Well, if the others had chosen the same tires, we would have won". Ron is given a drive through for cutting the chicane.

Winner: Alonso. Kimi makes the fastest lap but discovers that the race was over two weeks ago and he should be already in Braziil.

Brazil:

Massa leads. Unfortunately Schumi is in charge of giving him deirectives. He gets confused when he hears through the radio things like "Vatch out for ze evil Colombian guy! Don't let Mikka take the inside! Wait for Barrichello and make a 1-2 arrival!" He awaits for Barrichello and ends up in 21st position.

Meanwhile Kimi has not arrived from Japan. Lewis cuts the chicane. The FIA punishes him. The bees make honey and the birds sing. Summer of '42 is gone and a part of my childhood with it.

Winner: Alonso. Heikki finishes the Singapore race.

Oh, how the 'Stevies' are making you work for it. Gold. :lol:

Post of the year.

'Reference to post of the year' post of the year.

Yes there is that. But the main thing for me is the amount of help he's had, you know the way Schumi has to coach him, how he needs so much support. I realised that I don't like this in a racing driver.

exactly.....Massa is inferior to Kimi and need outside help.... the help from Schumie, the mentoring from Smedley etc etc, the nessecity of a friendly working environment and people (way more than Kimi).... spot on George

Kimi is basically fighting againts the odds and his way of doing thing, but he's not a crybaby, he just gets along with things...his way...

exactly.....Massa is inferior to Kimi and need outside help.... the help from Schumie, the mentoring from Smedley etc etc, the nessecity of a friendly working environment and people (way more than Kimi).... spot on George

Kimi is basically fighting againts the odds and his way of doing thing, but he's not a crybaby, he just gets along with things...his way...

Mentorship. Every successful organization practices it. Ferrari has made FM a better driver, not just because of the car, but also because of this mentorship. It is what successful teams do. They take natural talent and focus it on what's important to be successful. FM has that focus and drives very smart knowing what the end game will be.

It must be hard to watch for some of you. Your perception of Massa is off base and you think he is inferior, and yet week after week he out performs your favorite driver. It's an equation that doesn't add up, therefore something must be wrong with it.

Yup I would agree that, the Monza engine will be in better condition due to the wet weather race opposed to if the race was run in the dry. And plus Ferrari look to have sorted out the problem they had with the conrods.

And the next race will be at night, probably with a cooler temperature.

There

Michael had 68 Poles and 91 wins = 74.7% Conversion percentage

Felipe has 8 Poles and 10 wins = 80% Conversion percentage

Interesting. Also, Felipe is scoring about 3 poles a season at Ferrari, whereas Schumi averaged significantly more than that so he converted a higher percentage of poles into wins despite being on pole when Felipe perhaps wouldn't have been. Not to mention that Felipe's ratio of poles to fastest race laps must be very poor.

It must be hard to watch for some of you. Your perception of Massa is off base and you think he is inferior, and yet week after week he out performs your favorite driver. It's an equation that doesn't add up, therefore something must be wrong with it.

He has a better car than Lewis, Kubica, Alonso, whereas Kimi was over-rated and is having a bad year.

Interesting. Also, Felipe is scoring about 3 poles a season at Ferrari, whereas Schumi averaged significantly more than that so he converted a higher percentage of poles into wins despite being on pole when Felipe perhaps wouldn't have been. Not to mention that Felipe's ratio of poles to fastest race laps must be very poor.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't pole to win ratio actually have to be how many pole postions the driver actually went on to win the race from, not just the number of career poles against the number of career wins? Or are we just being 'general', like ?? :lol:

He has a better car than Lewis, Kubica, Alonso, whereas Kimi was over-rated and is having a bad year.

As a Pole I am considering starting a diplomatic incident over this. 94% of Poles are catholic and would never convert, scoring Poles is dangerous because they DO hold the grudge over generations, and being on Pole as well as implying that a total Polish population has something to do with how fast an F1 driver can go may (potentially) be offensive.

To all you Brits- you saw what happened when the entire nation of Poland felt slighted by a Brit (that bald-headed ref during Euro) - even our Premier issued a death threat.

So, you just watch your step...

:lol: Nice additions to the wonderful post by Andres...

Aw, shucks...

Thank you oh so much! ;)

As a Pole I am considering starting a diplomatic incident over this. 94% of Poles are catholic and would never convert, scoring Poles is dangerous because they DO hold the grudge over generations, and being on Pole as well as implying that a total Polish population has something to do with how fast an F1 driver can go may (potentially) be offensive.

To all you Brits- you saw what happened when the entire nation of Poland felt slighted by a Brit (that bald-headed ref during Euro) - even our Premier issued a death threat.

:lol:

We saw what happened, we just couldn't be bollocked about it :whistling:

Am I missing something? Wouldn't pole to win ratio actually have to be how many pole postions the driver actually went on to win the race from, not just the number of career poles against the number of career wins? Or are we just being 'general', like ?? :lol:

:lol: No, you ain't missing nothing. I just didn't bother pointing that out, but I agree with you. Then again, if you want to look up all 68 of MS's poles... :P

:lol: Don't worry Piotr: no one in Britain would ever diss the Poles. If we ever did, we'd soon find ourselves in a right stinker of a mess after we were forced to call in the French to do our plumbing. :P Are you Catholic?

Felipe has a better car than Lewis? How so?

I just think it's been faster overall.

:lol: No, you ain't missing nothing. I just didn't bother pointing that out, but I agree with you. Then again, if you want to look up all 68 of MS's poles... :P

:dam:

$h!t, I wasn't thinking straight yesterday!!!! Felipe's was just so easy to figure, and Michaels, well that's going to be quite a job!!!

Leave it with me, i'll go figure the correct percentage ................................. soon. I hate mistakes :D

:lol: Don't worry Piotr: no one in Britain would ever diss the Poles. If we ever did, we'd soon find ourselves in a right stinker of a mess after we were forced to call in the French to do our plumbing. :P Are you Catholic?

I just think it's been faster overall.

When Massa drives it, that seems to be true. :lol: Watching the current WDC in the same equipment that is not the case. So actually, perhaps Massa is so good he is taking a good car and his driving is making it seem like the best car on the grid. For you to actually think the Ferrari is better then the McLaren speaks volumes about the job FM is doing.

The length that some of you will go to avoid the obvious is comical :lol:

The length that some of you will go to avoid the obvious is comical :lol:

Now, now...you might get in trouble with Maure for that. Some kind of copyright infringement or somenthing.