Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

With Just 4 Races To Go...

:dam:

$h!t, I wasn't thinking straight yesterday!!!! Felipe's was just so easy to figure, and Michaels, well that's going to be quite a job!!!

Leave it with me, i'll go figure the correct percentage ................................. soon. I hate mistakes :D

Schumi did 40 'doubles' in his career, that's 40 of his wins from a pole. He had 91 wins overall out of 248 starts, and 68 pole positions overall.

40 converted out of 68 is pretty darn good (I think it's about 58%), but in fact, not as good as Massa. Another example of crappy stats ;)

Clark did 45% as did one Ayrton Senna.

Edit: This obviously shows how effective these greats were, weighted for era (reliability mainly) it shows they were all equally good at converting pole to win.

:lol:

We saw what happened, we just couldn't be bollocked about it :whistling:

You mean you will support a really bad call by a b(o)ald ugly Brit just because he is a Brit? Or is your passion for football so great that even a bad call is great by the nature of the sport?

Or is it that you are just used to relly bad calls by British refs?? :P

When Massa drives it, that seems to be true. :lol: Watching the current WDC in the same equipment that is not the case. So actually, perhaps Massa is so good he is taking a good car and his driving is making it seem like the best car on the grid. For you to actually think the Ferrari is better then the McLaren speaks volumes about the job FM is doing.

The length that some of you will go to avoid the obvious is comical :lol:

Well, sure Ferrari is better! It just needs "a little help from their friends (aka FIA)" from time to time... :naughty:

I definately agree with the last 2.... Brazil...Massa is unstoppable there....

oh, what a bitter pill to swallow for us Kimi fans....

Isn't that the truth...

Ouch!

Mentorship. Every successful organization practices it. Ferrari has made FM a better driver, not just because of the car, but also because of this mentorship. It is what successful teams do. They take natural talent and focus it on what's important to be successful. FM has that focus and drives very smart knowing what the end game will be.

It must be hard to watch for some of you. Your perception of Massa is off base and you think he is inferior, and yet week after week he out performs your favorite driver. It's an equation that doesn't add up, therefore something must be wrong with it.

Your perception of Massa is off base too. He was not (and is not yet) WC material. He is only in the run this year because the quality of the competition has dropped enormously.

What is true is that Massa has improved. This year he is doing much better. Nonetheless, who around here gives him clear odds to win?

:lol: Don't worry about it Nathan! We all know Schumi will have done better.

Schumi did 40 'doubles' in his career, that's 40 of his wins from a pole. He had 91 wins overall out of 248 starts, and 68 pole positions overall.

40 converted out of 68 is pretty darn good (I think it's about 58%), but in fact, not as good as Massa. Another example of crappy stats ;)

Clark did 45% as did one Ayrton Senna.

Edit: This obviously shows how effective these greats were, weighted for era (reliability mainly) it shows they were all equally good at converting pole to win.

Thanks for that George :D

I thought I better log on and see if someone knew the answer before I got up to the dominant years!!!!

Thanks again guys :D

Your perception of Massa is off base too. He was not (and is not yet) WC material. He is only in the run this year because the quality of the competition has dropped enormously.

What is true is that Massa has improved. This year he is doing much better. Nonetheless, who around here gives him clear odds to win?

Exactly right, if Felipe wins the WDC it's because Kimi and Lewis lost it.

Hypothetical for you YHR, if you had a choice between Kimi and Felipe to drive for your life, who would you choose??

Thanks for that George :D

I thought I better log on and see if someone knew the answer before I got up to the dominant years!!!!

Thanks again guys :D

Hypothetical for you YHR, if you had a choice between Kimi and Felipe to drive for your life, who would you choose??

:lol: Is it raining??? :lol:

Massa without a doubt. I sure wouldn't trust my life to Kimi. Right back at you. Are you saying you would chose KR!!!!!??????

You know you guys seem to forget, Massa drove against MS, and actually did very well against the All time great. Funny how he measured up against one of the best drivers, and yet now, some guys feel the only way Massa is in this thing, is because the rest of the field is so bad. I completely disagree. He is smart, has learned his craft and is now applying it very well.

Massa, at Ferrari has been very good, I remember the talk of how Kimi was going to wipe the floor with Massa. Well that never happened, Then it was wait until there are no driver aids, that will sort the wheat from the chaff. Well here we are and Massa is still performing at a level that could have him being the WDC.

So now I will just sit back and watch. I can't wait to hear all the other excuses you guys come up with, as to why Kimi and Hamilton are getting beat by the sub standard Massa

All I know is that Kimi was regarded as a pure racer, just plain fast, and Hamilton is supposed to be some special Wonderboy. Massa is driving better then both of them. As I mentioned in another post, Massa is the story in F1 this year. but the european press has its head so far up Hamilton's arse, they can't see that.

???? Massa has destroyed KR this year, and is out of the equation . Lewis has four more races to prove you right. Judging from his performance down the stretch last year he probably will. I hope he doesn't do something stupid and ruin it for FM. I want nothing better then to see FM out drive him plain and simple to win the WDC. Of course when this happens, then all I will hear about is the dominant Ferrari car. Murray is already laying the foundation for that excuse. :lol:

Geez, ain't you on something strong. It reminds me of Murray when he says that Kimi's reputation plunged after joining Ferrari... pure hallucination, of course, who won last year on his first season with Ferrari? Come on.

Massa has by no means "destroyed" Kimi (although one could mistakenly argue that Kimi has done this himself). But to claim that Massa has had such outstanding season is a joke. No one in a top team has (save Kubica). If Hamilton and Massa are ahead is only becuase they've fcked up less... which is not much to say, not much at all.

Geez, ain't you on something strong. It reminds me of Murray when he says that Kimi's reputation plunged after joining Ferrari... pure hallucination, of course, who won last year on his first season with Ferrari? Come on.

Massa has by no means "destroyed" Kimi (although one could mistakenly argue that Kimi has done this himself). But to claim that Massa has had such outstanding season is a joke. No one in a top team has (save Kubica). If Hamilton and Massa are ahead is only becuase they've fcked up less... which is not much to say, not much at all.

Isn't that another way of saying they are better drivers then the rest.

I am note sure where you are coming from with all this negativity. No driver aids, we have a title fight, and actually have cars passing for position on the track. I'd take this over the snoozefest MS/Ferrari cakewalks of the past.

I know. to see KR so badly thrashed by his supposedly inferior team-mate must be hard. No one said driving in F1 without driver aids was going to be easy. :lol: Personally I have found the last two season in F1 to be the most enjoyable in years. Except of course for the Stewards decisons(especially last year). Still the track performance has been fun to watch.

You mean you will support a really bad call by a b(o)ald ugly Brit just because he is a Brit? Or is your passion for football so great that even a bad call is great by the nature of the sport?

Or is it that you are just used to relly bad calls by British refs?? :P

Look, British refs make bad calls, foreign refs accept bribes, so it all evens out in the end :whistling::lol:

Well that wood make sense if they lost it Phil Massa who wood be the new WDC, I mean if both Lewis and Kimi won it then yes Massa wood not win it , or do you mean that LH & KR have given up and are no longer trying to win but rather letting Phil win , either way if Phil has the most points one wood have to say that he is the winner and the others will be the whinners .

Remember kids second place is really the first loser .

Maybe KR will set a new record for the most fastest laps in a single season .

Isn't that another way of saying they are better drivers then the rest.

Nope. It would not even apply if there were only two teams in the entire field.

Once again, I ask you guys to consider that every single driver in all the three top teams had to screw up for Vettel to win. Similar numbers apply to podiums by Piquet, Glock,... how many this season?

I am note sure where you are coming from with all this negativity. No driver aids, we have a title fight, and actually have cars passing for position on the track. I'd take this over the snoozefest MS/Ferrari cakewalks of the past.

Buddy, you see things that are "good" and others that are less so. Negativity on your part?

I know. to see KR so badly thrashed by his supposedly inferior team-mate must be hard.

Except that Kimi has not been trashed at all and much less by Massa.

Personally I have found the last two season in F1 to be the most enjoyable in years.

You have low standards.

Nope. It would not even apply if there were only two teams in the entire field.

Once again, I ask you guys to consider that every single driver in all the three top teams had to screw up for Vettel to win. Similar numbers apply to podiums by Piquet, Glock,... how many this season?

Buddy, you see things that are "good" and others that are less so. Negativity on your part?

Except that Kimi has not been trashed at all and much less by Massa.

You have low standards.

???????????

No driver aids. Screw ups are what separate the good from the best. We have a formula now that has the driver inputs making a difference in the outcome. I have always wanted that.

OK how would describe Massa's lead in the Ferrari team. Ahead in poles, and victories, with Kimi almost out of contention for the WDC. Let me guess, somehow you have Kimi outperforming Massa this year. Gee if fastest lap in a GP won the race Kimi would be a shoe in for the WDC. Unfortunately you have to string a bunch of those together. Something he hasn't been able to do much this year.

Massa didn't screw up to let Vettel win. Vettal got a deserving pole, which sometimes can happen on a track where wet weather conditions are constantly changing. You can't fault the other drivers for the rain. The only driver that even remotely screwed up was Hamilton over his tire selection, and even that was a gamble that could have paid hugh dividends if it worked out. Sometimes it is it being in the right place at the right time. Vettel then started from pole with a clear path in front of him and never looked back. There were some sterling drives from Hamilton and Kubica, and flawless perfromances by many others.

Nobody screwed up in Monza. As a matter of fact it was a stellar perfomance by the whole grid in the wet.

My standards are high and your blinders are wide.

I find myself agreeing with Mauro again (this is becoming a worrying habit :) )

I would not describe this as a particularly great season. The only half-decent races have been where there has been rain - this always throws a wild card into the mix - didn't I see/hear somewhere that this was one of the top 5 wet years for F1 ???

If Monza had been dry it would have been another snooze-fest a la Valencia and like it is most years.

:lol: Don't worry about it Nathan! We all know Schumi will have done better.

As an impartial observer, i would have to agree.

Now, now...you might get in trouble with Maure for that. Some kind of copyright infringement or somenthing.

No, that's if you claim to be smiling and laughing, whilst walking.

I agree.

Well that wood make sense if they lost it Phil Massa who wood be the new WDC, I mean if both Lewis and Kimi won it then yes Massa wood not win it , or do you mean that LH & KR have given up and are no longer trying to win but rather letting Phil win , either way if Phil has the most points one wood have to say that he is the winner and the others will be the whinners .

Remember kids second place is really the first loser .

Maybe KR will set a new record for the most fastest laps in a single season .

Ha, you're very funny and all, but I'm sure you did get my point :D

Kimi currently has 9 Fastest laps, the record is shared between himself and Michael with 10 fastest laps in a season.

Look, British refs make bad calls, foreign refs accept bribes, so it all evens out in the end :whistling::lol:

British refs accept bribes too, but but they are more discrete about it... B):ph34r:

:lol: No, you ain't missing nothing. I just didn't bother pointing that out, but I agree with you. Then again, if you want to look up all 68 of MS's poles... :P

:lol:Don't worry Piotr: no one in Britain would ever diss the Poles. If we ever did, we'd soon find ourselves in a right stinker of a mess after we were forced to call in the French to do our plumbing. :P Are you Catholic?

I just think it's been faster overall.

Well, since all the French plumbers are out of work due to Polish plumbers working in France being way better and cheaper, you would be doing public service (or is it a charitable contribution??) to EU.

Asking a Pole if he/she is Catholic is like asking an Irish if he/she likes to drink...

Does a Pope sh*t in the woods? no, wait, that's wrong... :o;)

Singapore:

Lewis leads until he presses the wrong button. It's the death ray button, which hits Kimi and kills him. Nobody seems to notice as he doesn't looks too alive actually but the stewards give him a drive through penalty, anyways, because the ray cutted the chicane. That messes his race. Kimi makes a posthumous fastest lap, though.

Massa takes the lead and builds a comfortable 42 minutes gap from the second place. Regretfully, a single drop of water falls on the track making him spin so hard that he looks like Herves Villachaise when it stops.

Winner: Alonso.

China:

Lewis leads again. Brilliant race but unfortunately he thinks his left ear is actually Webber trying to overtake him. He swerves violently to the left and crashes against the China Wall. Afterwards, he is given a retroactive drive through because some of the debris cutted the chicane. Massa leads but Kimi is up to the fight. (Yeah, he resurected...looks just like he did when he was dead). Massa overheats his engine and it blows up. Kimi decides to crash against the China Wall, the only wall he hasn't still crashed with.

Winner: Alonso. During the podium ceremony, we hear that Kimi makes a fastest lap.

Japan

It rains. Massa slips while trying to enter the c#ckpit and gets knocked unconscious for the remainder of the race. Kimi leads from the beggining. Oddly enough, he crashed again against a wall, and it is the China Wall! Lewis is the sure winner but the team messes up the strategy. They chose truck sized tires after his second pitstop. It was a gamble but it didn't pay out. Ron takes full responsibility and says "Well, if the others had chosen the same tires, we would have won". Ron is given a drive through for cutting the chicane.

Winner: Alonso. Kimi makes the fastest lap but discovers that the race was over two weeks ago and he should be already in Braziil.

Brazil:

Massa leads. Unfortunately Schumi is in charge of giving him deirectives. He gets confused when he hears through the radio things like "Vatch out for ze evil Colombian guy! Don't let Mikka take the inside! Wait for Barrichello and make a 1-2 arrival!" He awaits for Barrichello and ends up in 21st position.

Meanwhile Kimi has not arrived from Japan. Lewis cuts the chicane. The FIA punishes him. The bees make honey and the birds sing. Summer of '42 is gone and a part of my childhood with it.

Winner: Alonso. Heikki finishes the Singapore race.

Guys, we gotta haveto do something about the Wise One's voodooing.... I fear the worst

Guys, we gotta haveto do something about the Wise One's voodooing.... I fear the worst

It's called the fat lady and she's only singin' after the Brazilian GP :P

I just love the fact that Ron gets a drive through... Very funny post Andres....

[/b][/u]

Sorry, couldn't resist...

don't put alonso, kubeetza and kiss on the same sentence. you almost killed me and we know you don't wanna do that ^^

China (5am my time) It's gon rain a lot to compensate the lack of rain in Japan. They start behind safety car, with Alonso leading. Unfortunately thi doesn't last much because Felipe + rain = grass and they both went out on the first curve (still behind safety car). Stewards give even though more 25 seconds to Felipe for doing s##t behind SC, more 25 for taking out Fernando and another 25 for being Felipe, which may be deduced of his old races. Lewis is leading the race when the safety car light turns off telling he will leave in that lap. When Lewis notices the lights are off, he thinks it's a sign the race has started and thinks 'wt* is this stupid mercedes ahead of me? didn't ron teach him teamwork (teamwork being people getting out from his way)?'. He obviously crashes the safety car. Mid race and KubeeTZa is leading the race, to fight for title. Nick pits before him because he had less fuel to try something that didn't work on qlf. KubeeTZa goes three laps after but then a tsunami had hit the pits and he drowns. Nick wins the race and I wake up.

don't put alonso, kubeetza and kiss on the same sentence. you almost killed me and we know you don't wanna do that ^^

China (5am my time) It's gon rain a lot to compensate the lack of rain in Japan. They start behind safety car, with Alonso leading. Unfortunately thi doesn't last much because Felipe + rain = grass and they both went out on the first curve (still behind safety car). Stewards give even though more 25 seconds to Felipe for doing s##t behind SC, more 25 for taking out Fernando and another 25 for being Felipe, which may be deduced of his old races. Lewis is leading the race when the safety car light turns off telling he will leave in that lap. When Lewis notices the lights are off, he thinks it's a sign the race has started and thinks 'wt* is this stupid mercedes ahead of me? didn't ron teach him teamwork (teamwork being people getting out from his way)?'. He obviously crashes the safety car. Mid race and KubeeTZa is leading the race, to fight for title. Nick pits before him because he had less fuel to try something that didn't work on qlf. KubeeTZa goes three laps after but then a tsunami had hit the pits and he drowns. Nick wins the race and I wake up.

Katy, why all of a sudden your english reverted to that od a street performer on Jamaica?

I am getting a leeetle bit suspicious...

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY... err..... WITH KATY H.??????

No, only you can abuse me like you do...

Wouldn't that be JUST like Polish luck...