Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Mosley

Favourite Songs In Another Language

Don't forget Girls Aloud off that list! :rolleyes:

And I have quite a few Russian tunes on my iTunes, as well as various spanish songs and a few greek songs. I also have a compilation CD of contemporary Arabic pop/dance music, which is very fun. I also have Suerte which is the spanish version of Whenever Wherever by Shakira which I actually prefer over the English version! She sounds a lot more bearable in Spanish!

Really?tell me the titles.i'm soooo curious to know! :P

anyway,i mainly listen to foreign music so let's see...

spanish:El canto del loco(i looooove them),aventura,pereza,el sue

Yeah you're lucky in that sense. I think I prefer the Latin American accent in Spanish. You don't have those silly 'th' sounds so much? (Like in Valencia or Jerez.) Mind you, the Spanish version of ella is nicer, to my ears at least. Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, and there's no such simple dichotomy.

:lol: Actually I refuse to believe you speak scouse. At least you don't write it. :P

Here at Buenos Aires, we speak more like Italians: we don

:lol: Caaaaaalm down, caaaaaalm down. *Dons yellow tracksuit and waves arms about to p-p-p-placate a Pabloh*

:lol::lol:

I know loads of footie songs 'in scouse'.

Here's a scouse one for you.

We're off

We're off

We're off in a motor car

Sixty coppers are after us an we don't know where we are

We turn around the corner eatin a chrimbo pie

Along came a copper an he kicked me in the eye

Went to tell me ol' ma, me ol' ma wasn't in

Went to tell me grand-da he threw me in the bin

Went to tell me gran-ma she gimme banana skin

(cant remember the rest, Paul do you know it??)

Yeah, I have Iparhi Logos by Helena Paparizou!

nice!!!helena paparizou is such a great singer and a gorgeous woman of course!and the song is really amazing.plus,the lyrics are very sweet(btw,iparhi logos means there's a reason).i can translate it for you,if you want! ;)

And you say we are complicated people? :whistling:

Well, we are a strange mix of spaniards and italians... as you must realize nothing good can exit of this mix... just think on Andr

Well, we are a strange mix of spaniards and italians... as you must realize nothing good can exit of this mix... just think on Andr

Try this one from one of the new(well kinda) movies in Bollywood....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJD_4zCC8Q

Thanks Ankit. That makes me far less dizzy than Jay's song. It must be something to do with the 'scales' you use in traditional Indian music that really does make me queasy. In a nice way. :P It reminds me of curry too, which more than makes up for the dizziness.

Katy, how can you not mention Die Arzte? Ok, you need to actually understand German for any of their stuff to be funny and make sense, otherwise its just a munch of noise but still even without understanding them they are Die beste Band der Welt!

And Sportfreunde Stiller come from the same town outside of Munich that I grew up in, our one export haha

Cool, thanks. Your one export? Don't forget the inimitable F1 FANatic... I can speak a little German - nowhere near enough to understand the songs without seeing the lyrics written out though.

As it happens I'm very into Indonesian prog rock right now.

Unfortunately it's more weird chanting than actual words, so I don't know if I can count any of them as being in any language as such.....

:lol: Weird chanting is what I do best. Imagine a Steve Reich composition where you have me chanting in 3 slow and distant voices, each one at a slightly different speed, 'vast majority', 'spec series' and 'Nando is irrational' so that the 3 chants come in and out of phase with each other and you'll find it beautifully portrays my mind as viewed from the inside.

So you say all those letters like an English 's' perhaps? The v/b sound in Spanish is weird too. I've been trying to learn how to do the French 'r' as well - I think I can manage the Spanish one without too much trouble but the French one is impossible. Some Scottish people make a similar but less dramatic 'r' sound to the Spanish one, which reminds me that I get confused with 'g' in Spanish: sometimes it sounds like the end of Scottish 'Loch', and other times like a proper 'g'. :lol:

Yes, we pronounce "c" (the soft one, of course), "s" and "z" the same. And we usually make no difference between "v" and "b".

As for the g, its quite easy. It sounds like the end of "loch" when it precedes an "e" or "i". Otherwise it sounds like a proper g. To make it sound like a proper g paired with an e or i (as in "get" or "give") you need to add a letter "u" in the middle which is silent. So you have a proper "g" sound in these cases: "ga" "gue" "gui" "go" "gu". You get a "loch" like sound in these cases: "ge" "gi".

Think of the english g on "agitation" versus the g on "guilty".

So you say all those letters like an English 's' perhaps? The v/b sound in Spanish is weird too. I've been trying to learn how to do the French 'r' as well - I think I can manage the Spanish one without too much trouble but the French one is impossible. Some Scottish people make a similar but less dramatic 'r' sound to the Spanish one, which reminds me that I get confused with 'g' in Spanish: sometimes it sounds like the end of Scottish 'Loch', and other times like a proper 'g'. :lol:

Andr

Cheers. I prefer the Spanish one, which surprised me a little because everyone told me Italian was the nicest language there is.

I prefer the Italian one,partly because I can notice that the original version was the italian one.You can tell it by the lyrics in Spanish,some parts are just not natural,it's obvious that it's been translated.

And I think Italian is sweet and melodic whereas Spanish sounds more rude I'd say :D

Paul Potts is bloody good for a reality TV winner singing in Italian even though he's a Pom...

this is a swedish song that i first heard at a party and now i can't get it out of my head!!!

Dota-Basshunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRFAjnIy078

it is also available in english,entitled "all i ever wanted"

and if you like it,then try also this one:

Boten Anna-Basshunter

which is also available in english as "now you're gone"(some of you may already know it as it was a huuuuge summer hit in europe!!!)