Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

2008 Singapore Grand Prix

wow, the track already look like crap

Ruffles, which is supposed to be a good overtaking sport is so bumpy there is no way people are going to try and overtake. The surface is a patchwork of old and new tarmac so all weekend going off line will be dangerous.

The corners are all slow and twisty and the "straits" aren't long enough to do anything on to try and overtake.

Funniest thing ever though. The FIA rules declare that for SAFETY, max's only reason for living, a formula one track must be at least 10 meters wide, the small bridge is only 8 meters wide, if anybody does not like the result of the race all they need to do is sue the FIA and have the race be declared a non championship event

the track itself is nice, far better than Valencia, but I fear the race will be yet another procession!

I love the fact that they set it in a harbor so as to get the glitz and glam feel of monaco but set it at night so you cant see any of it

Ya know, it rained here for a couple of days, and I made an experiment by driving at night without wipers on - I could not see a blessed thing! Those of you who hope for rain - I dare you to driver w/o wipers on in the dark, and then keep saying that rain is good for racing!

Hamilton was saying that the track seems twice like Monaco. It does take over 1'40'' for sure. Does anyone know how many laps is it going to be? I'm asking because the whole GP might not quite fit in the two hours allowed.

This would be one strange fckup by FIA but, well, we are talking about FIA after all so...

Found it. It is 61 laps. Taking the best times so far at 1'45", it adds up to 1 hour and some 40 minutes. Hmmm... between pitstops and that race laps should be slower, it could get hairy if it rains or if there are safety cars.

Ya know, it rained here for a couple of days, and I made an experiment by driving at night without wipers on - I could not see a blessed thing! Those of you who hope for rain - I dare you to driver w/o wipers on in the dark, and then keep saying that rain is good for racing!

I have driven at night when it was raining pretty bad, i had wipers on at full speed, yet i couldn't see the road.... It was hard to drive, but on reflection now, it wasn't too bad.... It probably looked harder than it was...

I have driven at night when it was raining pretty bad, i had wipers on at full speed, yet i couldn't see the road.... It was hard to drive, but on reflection now, it wasn't too bad.... It probably looked harder than it was...

ok, now turn off the wipers...

ok, now turn off the wipers...

It would have probably helped... My theory is that if it rains enough so that you have a layer on the glass, your image will actually improve since the water will be failing on the layer and not having much effect on the glass... I would have tried that but Cops will catch you for not having wipers on so...

just my prediction, and I hope it does not happen, but I reckon there will be at least 5 safety cars called out during the race, such as the conditions in the dry, with the bumps and so many corners and after seeing that onboard video there sure are some dark spots. I tried in vain to see braking markers, no such luck !! If it is wet, well be prepared for another BORING episode of F1

IF you use Rain Clear on your windshield you'll be able to see everything without the wipers, I use it a lot and it works just fine, I think they will use something like that. http://www.properautocare.com/raclrare.html

PS: this in not a Spam even when it looks like a spam. ;)

Kimster brings the yellow flag in.... those who are watching, what happened?

He went out of the track under heavy breaking, Marshalls were pushing him but it looks like he wasn't unable to get the car going again.

Wow, Kovy just scared the Sh#t out of me.

BTW, nobody mention it before I think: Alonso strategy was not to adjustt to local time. So he is still on European time. He said it will help him be at the peek of his reflexes at race time.

Wow, Kovy just scared the Sh#t out of me.

BTW, nobody mention it before I think: Alonso strategy was not to adjustt to local time. So he is still on European time. He said it will help him be at the peek of his reflexes at race time.

I thought that was everybody's strategy?

Nah, I read the Thursday press conference and from the 2 McLaren drivers and the 2 Red bull drivers only Heikki said he kept his European schedule.

Renaults doing great, what's this O_O