Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

I Find This Somewhat Confusing

According to all reports F1 teams will struggle to find the money to fund their racing activities due to the USA financial crisis. That's a given.

But Bernie wants race tracks to run at Night, like Singapore, and maybe in future Japan, in order to get better TV audiences!!

So WHO wears the cost of these night time races? I suspect the race track, and of course those that come to see the event, the TV companies that broadcast the event. I somehow doubt that Bernie gets LESS of a take from this Night time event.

If F1 wants to see itself in the future as being GREENIER for the environment I cannot understand how that can happen if millions of tons of coal are burnt to provide night time lighting for a circuit that is provided on a daily basis by the SUN for no cost?

To me this "Night Time Racing" is just a gimmic to maybe satisfy European fans, but it cannot, and will never ever satisfy all of the world fans, even here in OZ as the race is sheduled to start at 11.20 pm Sunday night, so no benefit to me, I will do as always and record, that way reducing the maybe 2 hrs down to about 1hr 20 mins with the adds fast forwarded :-)

Same problem here in Japan.

To be honest, even the European fan line is crap. There are plenty of fans worldwide. But even if you only consider the attitudes of some of the European posters around here, they think they matter more than the rest of us. Heck, some of these posters think life starts and ends on UK soil...

I feel your pain.

Hi mate

No pain for me as I ALWAYS record F1, and watch later. Thats good because if it gets BORING, then only need to fast forward to the end, which I must admit I have done numerous times this year:-( So can anyone tell me what benefits all of these overcharged ADVERTISERS get from these advents ?????

From me ZILCH as I fastforward the adds !!!

Heck, some of these posters think life starts and ends on UK soil...

You mean it doesn't???!!! :o:D

Seriously, before you all start slagging off Europeans - I don't know anyone who's that bothered about Singapore being run at night - certainly not a priority; we're used to the flyaway races being run at strange times and no-one gives a toss what time it is on. In fact many are not giving a toss about F1, thinking that it is boring!!!

This is a Bernie thing, not something Europeans want or are looking for - its a marketing gimmick. Most people I know are more interested in getting good, close, fair, edge of the seat racing (which F1 is not currently) than a race at night.

You mean it doesn't???!!! :o:D

Seriously, before you all start slagging off Europeans - I don't know anyone who's that bothered about Singapore being run at night - certainly not a priority; we're used to the flyaway races being run at strange times and no-one gives a toss what time it is on. In fact many are not giving a toss about F1, thinking that it is boring!!!

This is a Bernie thing, not something Europeans want or are looking for - its a marketing gimmick. Most people I know are more interested in getting good, close, fair, edge of the seat racing (which F1 is not currently) than a race at night.

Of course! In fact I'm staying awake tonight to watch the MotoGP race at Motegi, and I'm looking forward to it a lot more than the F1 race tomorrow. Actually since little I've been excited about the races at unusual times, I might be somewhat weird... xD Or maybe it's just because there are so few of them, so I wouldn't have had problems with another one, make a good track and I can watch at 5am or whenever.

Of course! In fact I'm staying awake tonight to watch the MotoGP race at Motegi, and I'm looking forward to it a lot more than the F1 race tomorrow. Actually since little I've been excited about the races at unusual times, I might be somewhat weird... xD Or maybe it's just because there are so few of them, so I wouldn't have had problems with another one, make a good track and I can watch at 5am or whenever.

MotoGP is looking interesting, ain't it?

Anyway, to me the strange thing is that it is at lunch. What a bizarre notion!!

Here's a better one for you...

If Bernie is so concerned about Europe, why does he keep building tracks in the far east? :lol:

We live in a world gone mad and it is just unwinding in the US financial markets. It make no sense to spend billion of dollars advertising. It adds nothing of real value to the world. It creates an illusion, and people spend money they don't have to try and find that illusion. Then bang the whole house of cards falls down. It is a fundemental flaw IMO. Why is someone who drive a car fast worth 22 million a year, or a guy who can play football, makes more then a research scientist. It is a world gone mad with advertising being the culprit. Put a Nike label on a $5.00 T shirt and charge $85.00, and people buy it. Stupidity has no bounds, or grounds to build and economy on.

I would really the doubt the US financial crisis having a effect on F1, TBH. Becuase the main thing in Advertising is to advertise in bad times, In good, your brand will stick . The guy who advertises in bad times, will get his brand more noticed and therby will be more successful once the crisis is over...

To be honest, even the European fan line is crap. There are plenty of fans worldwide. But even if you only consider the attitudes of some of the European posters around here, they think they matter more than the rest of us. Heck, some of these posters think life starts and ends on UK soil...

I feel your pain.

I am a European, but I live in America, so I understand that it's annoying. On the other hand I can download a race torrent and have the race ready to watch by about 3 hours after it's over, so although I don't get to watch it live I only have to avoid knowing the results for a few hours.

That probably makes me not a true fan, but I am quite happy with that. Probably not fair to blame all the Europeans though- just one (Bernie).

Blaming the Europeans? That's a bit rich when we don't get a say in it - unless I missed the vote? :huh:

If I'm a US motorsport fan (which I am) would it be reasonable of me to blame Americans (the public) for not being able to watch their motorsport when it's convenient for me? No, of course not!

Bernie and the TV stations et al do what they do because they think it's best for them making money, not because we're (Euroblands) any bigger a twat than maureen :P

It's all a load of bollocks, you heard it here first. F1 is fine, America is fine, I'm fine, everything is fine.
:lol: Another fine post from Rainmaster that refreshes the forum other forums can't reach. Quite right dude :P

I like getting up early for a race, same as Freaky said. The Japanese race is one of my favourites because if you watch the build up you get to see the sun rise, appropriately enough. Then race over breakfast and you're good to go for the day. Personally, I go straight to Church to confess all my sins.

I like getting up early for a race, same as Freaky said. The Japanese race is one of my favourites because if you watch the build up you get to see the sun rise, appropriately enough. Then race over breakfast and you're good to go for the day. Personally, I go straight to Church to confess all my sins.

:lol::lol: Same for me

We live in a world gone mad and it is just unwinding in the US financial markets. It make no sense to spend billion of dollars advertising. It adds nothing of real value to the world. It creates an illusion, and people spend money they don't have to try and find that illusion. Then bang the whole house of cards falls down. It is a fundemental flaw IMO. Why is someone who drive a car fast worth 22 million a year, or a guy who can play football, makes more then a research scientist. It is a world gone mad with advertising being the culprit. Put a Nike label on a $5.00 T shirt and charge $85.00, and people buy it. Stupidity has no bounds, or grounds to build and economy on.

:clap3::clap3:

Totally agree, YHR. Its a mad, mad world.

I watched the Moto GP Live :-) at 2.00pm sunday afternoon, when the wind and rain was blowing its guts out outside :-( Japan & OZ on the same time zone. Gotta hand it to Valentino, WTG

I feel your pain.

I live for getting up in the middle of the night to watch a race. I find it incredibly pompous that some people feel it's their right to have their time zone accomodated. This is a World championship. No one is more important than anyone else. Bernie has made a wrong assumption and created an incorrect perception.

I am a European, but I live in America, so I understand that it's annoying. On the other hand I can download a race torrent and have the race ready to watch by about 3 hours after it's over, so although I don't get to watch it live I only have to avoid knowing the results for a few hours.

That probably makes me not a true fan, but I am quite happy with that. Probably not fair to blame all the Europeans though- just one (Bernie).

Very true, I do this most of the time as well now adays. For me its mainly that I hate sitting through commercials so I would rather wait 3 hours. Also, it lets me party instead of trying to not miss my alarm at 4:30 every other Sunday :D

But another great thing is that you can choose what coverage you want to watch. if you want ITV or Premiere or Speed or RTL or Sweedish tv or whatever