Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Penalties

I can't quite seem to understand why a potentially dangerous incident (i.e. massa's unsafe release) is punished less harshly than a mere technicality (i.e. nico and kubica's penalty). This is stupid.

I can't quite seem to understand why a potentially dangerous incident (i.e. massa's unsafe release) is punished less harshly than a mere technicality (i.e. nico and kubica's penalty). This is stupid.

I agree. The stop and go was too harsh for pitting under SC.

well, firstly, I hate the pit lane rule. But if anything, massa should have had a stop go, and nico and kubica should have had a drive through

well, firstly, I hate the pit lane rule. But if anything, massa should have had a stop go, and nico and kubica should have had a drive through

I disagree. Massa and WHOLE team made a BIG mistake. Kubi and baby face Rosberg wanted to obtein an advantage. Nico

how was massa at fault, the light turned green and he went. The problem Ferrari have is that if the lighting system fails there is no lollypop man so Massa didn't know that he had a problem untill he was already too far gone and had to wait at the end of the pit lane.

The thing I don't get is why a Driver gets penalized for unsafe release which is something he does not have any control over. I think unsafe release should be a big fine for a team not a race ending penalty for a driver.

I disagree. Massa and WHOLE team made a BIG mistake. Kubi and baby face Rosberg wanted to obtein an advantage. Nico

how was massa at fault, the light turned green and he went. The problem Ferrari have is that if the lighting system fails there is no lollypop man so Massa didn't know that he had a problem untill he was already too far gone and had to wait at the end of the pit lane.

The thing I don't get is why a Driver gets penalized for unsafe release which is something he does not have any control over. I think unsafe release should be a big fine for a team not a race ending penalty for a driver.

I agree. Maybe the FIA are scared of the Ferrari favouritism perception...

I can understand your point about unsafe release, but like TF1 said above, the driver is part of the team. Although maybe it should have more bearing on the team. As for Kubica and Nico - they didn't want to gain an advantage - if they would have "played by the rules" and not pitted until the race directors said they could have, then they would have run out of fuel and 2 less cars would have been on the circuit - that's not good for the fans, nor f1 as a sport.

+1.

THe drive through for Massa is fair and expected. It is actually so the driver can flip the team the bird when he drives past them!!!!

The refueling thing is a joke. Why close the pit at all. A SC release can not be planned, it just happens. Let the teams get an advantage if they can. So what. Sometimes racing is about luck, and if you happen to be in a position to make the best out of the safety car release by pitting, good on you. How is that any different then the whole field getting the advantage of catching up to the leader. That is what happens. Again the FIA are incompetent as they throw more BS into the mix that needlessly affects an outcome.

THe drive through for Massa is fair and expected. It is actually so the driver can flip the team the bird when he drives past them!!!!

The refueling thing is a joke. Why close the pit at all. A SC release can not be planned, it just happens. Let the teams get an advantage if they can. So what. Sometimes racing is about luck, and if you happen to be in a position to make the best out of the safety car release by pitting, good on you. How is that any different then the whole field getting the advantage of catching up to the leader. That is what happens. Again the FIA are incompetent as they throw more BS into the mix that needlessly affects an outcome.

Indeed.If this rule didn't exist,the smartest people would take advantage of the SC and if someone falls asleep and doesn't pit it's their fault.

This way they only manage to screw up people...

I think people are going non sense. They're giving penalties for any reason nowadays and fines too. I'm so so so angry at Rubens fine and I'm not even his fan. It's ridiculous.

Kubi and Nico thing was for a matter of credibility. It happened before to Nick and Rubens. If they don't do it now it'd be unfair. But they may change it for 2009 or many people will complain.

Massa was expected because he CAN'T drive with that thing all over the pits. But made me remember the good days with Albers ^^

'Cos this thread's on penalties, I've got ask, why didn't Fernando get one for cutting the first corner on the first lap and gaining places?

And I'm plesed he won btw, he and the team did a fantastic job, just a bit surprised there was no mention of it...

Plus (still angry) they took so much time to give Nico a penalty that he could make gap enough to get an unfair podium. Congrats. [/angry]

'Cos this thread's on penalties, I've got ask, why didn't Fernando get one for cutting the first corner on the first lap and gaining places?

And I'm plesed he won btw, he and the team did a fantastic job, just a bit surprised there was no mention of it...

Good point I was wondering about that, I guess the FIA are biased towards Renault and Ferrari :whistling:

:nono1::thbdn::mf_tongue:

Maybe 'cos he didn't gain any place? :rolleyes:

In fact he lost a couple of places there, and he had to do it or crash/touch someone else. :king:

:D

Yup.

It is unfair but it's the way penalties have always worked in F1. I'd be all for changing it though.

The FIA suck blah blah blah and etc. That's my opinion right there.

Well, that's a very well articulated and considered opinion.

Nico definetly got just penalty -- he gained heaps from it. Without that SC incident pitstop he would never made it to podium.

Kubica on other hand probably not.

Overall this rule sucks i agree.

Well, that's a very well articulated and considered opinion.

:lol: I do try, but sometimes, I can't be arsed. That last sentence can also be applied to Kimi I think.

:lol: I do try, but sometimes, I can't be arsed. That last sentence can also be applied to Kimi I think.

Nah, not anymore. Now it's: I try but the walls are just too attractive. (It actually seemed like he was trying to close on Glock for a sec before he crashed XD)

:lol:

Do you think that Ferrari were ready to drop Kimi but then saw the come back Britney Spears made and thought again?