Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Heikki Kovalainen

Heikki Kovalainen  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is the boy doing a good job or not?

• Yes
    • No
    • He needs more time

Seems like the best n.2 driver for the season was neither Piquet, nor Heikki. Nakajima is a nuch better nr.2 than any of the other two. Surprise, surprise.

After seeing the Signapore race, I thought to myself am I expecting too much from Heikki? I mean he has won a race this season but, everytime Mclaren need someone backing up Lewis, he never seems to be there from what Ive seen. To me the guy just doesnt seem good enough.

Mclaren need to drop him and replace him with Rosberg. The guys experienced and quick too. Also he doesnt seem like the type to start having on track disagreements with Lewis. Plus he's German too, keeps the Mercedes boys happy.

Just to think if Mclaren had a better 2nd driver, theyd be running away with the constructors championship.

Not only would he be a better 2nd driver, experienced, quick and mature, but he'd be Mclaren's quicker driver. Anyway, it is Lewis that is the disagreeing type. He's a downright prick!

Seems like the best n.2 driver for the season was neither Piquet, nor Heikki. Nakajima is a nuch better nr.2 than any of the other two. Surprise, surprise.

You are, as ever, right on the mark.

And we all thought he was going to be another Ide.......

I didn't.

Errm...we've been trying not to tell you,but I think I'm going to...when we (on TF1) say 'we all', we don't include you.Sorry,George,but I though you should know it.

Errm...we've been trying not to tell you,but I think I'm going to...when we (on TF1) say 'we all', we don't include you.Sorry,George,but I though you should know it.

Too funny! :lol:

:lol:

Alonso, with a dog of a car, is only 13 points behind Kova (who drives the best -or second best- car around). I've always said that Kova won the lottery by scoring a Macca seat this year... he's just not good enough for a top seat and Macca is throwing TONS of points down the loo by keeping Kova.

Unless he begins performing ASAP he'll be on his way out very soon. Macca cannot afford having such a mediocre driver if they aim for WDC.

Alonso, with a dog of a car, is only 13 points behind Kova (who drives the best -or second best- car around). I've always said that Kova won the lottery by scoring a Macca seat this year... he's just not good enough for a top seat and Macca is throwing TONS of points down the loo by keeping Kova.

Unless he begins performing ASAP he'll be on his way out very soon. Macca cannot afford having such a mediocre driver if they aim for WDC.

They allready have a driver for the WDC. They don't want a second one to challenge their no 1.. Which is how it should be....

Sorry, I meant for the WCC. Kova has less points than BMW's #2 driver... that's not acceptable considering he's driving the best all-around car. Kova needs to wake up very soon or he'll find himself back to a lower tier seat.

Sorry, I meant for the WCC. Kova has less points than BMW's #2 driver... that's not acceptable considering he's driving the best all-around car. Kova needs to wake up very soon or he'll find himself back to a lower tier seat.

Give him one more year, before you judge... It takes some time to settle in, if he's this bad next year, then we all can slag him like Piquet Jr....

I don't know... I just think some drivers have the killer instinct and some dont. Hamilton showed it right it away last year. Kubica has also stood out really quickly on his BMW. Kimi also showed the claws early back in his Macca days. But Kova is not a newbie anymore (he's 26 years old already) and if he had the raw speed he should have showed it already now that he has the chance to drive a top car. I just think he's too softy for a top car and by no means he's WDC/WCC material.

I believe that either things change very much next year, or he'll be replaced for 2010.

Give him one more year, before you judge... It takes some time to settle in, if he's this bad next year, then we all can slag him like Piquet Jr....

I hope you

I don't know... I just think some drivers have the killer instinct and some dont. Hamilton showed it right it away last year. Kubica has also stood out really quickly on his BMW. Kimi also showed the claws early back in his Macca days. But Kova is not a newbie anymore (he's 26 years old already) and if he had the raw speed he should have showed it already now that he has the chance to drive a top car. I just think he's too softy for a top car and by no means he's WDC/WCC material.

I believe that either things change very much next year, or he'll be replaced for 2010.

He was fast enough actually, but many things went wrong for him, while most of the F1 fans wrote him off, his team knew his problems and are sure he will do well in 2009.

Interestingly drivers like Nick, Nelson and others who had a very bad year adapting to the new rules have been given another year, which means the teams are understanding the problems faced by the drivers adapting to changing rules. I am sure they kept them back because they had confidence in them for 2009 as the rules are different from the previous season.

So this shows us that the teams know much better than us, which is why drivers like Hekki has not come under fire from Mclaren.

He was fast enough actually, but many things went wrong for him, while most of the F1 fans wrote him off, his team knew his problems and are sure he will do well in 2009.

Interestingly drivers like Nick, Nelson and others who had a very bad year adapting to the new rules have been given another year, which means the teams are understanding the problems faced by the drivers adapting to changing rules. I am sure they kept them back because they had confidence in them for 2009 as the rules are different from the previous season.

So this shows us that the teams know much better than us, which is why drivers like Hekki has not come under fire from Mclaren.

Indeedy-doo. I am doing agreeings.

I don't see him improving this year, and I think McLaren will end up getting rid of him.

Too funny! :lol:

PAHAHAH! :lol: Your signature has definitely brightened up my day!

Heikki needs to be more competetive, but I think Mclaren would prefer to stick with him rather than get Vettel, Kubica etc etc. Seems like Mclaren are terrified of having a team mate challenging Lewis.

Though Heidfeld and Glock would do a better job than Heikki in my opinion. Ill give him the first 6 races of 2009 to prove his worth.