Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Hamilton Class

Hamilton hoped for title patriotism

Sep.30 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton hoped patriotism would help him stretch out even more of a championship lead in Sunday's Singapore grand prix.

The McLaren driver finished third in F1's first ever night race, extending his lead over title rival Felipe Massa to a solid 7 points.

But Hamilton, 23, rued getting "stuck behind" his British compatriot David Coulthard, a Scot who drives for Red Bull.

"I hoped my fellow Brit might help me out, but he was in the points and wanted a good result," he told The Times.

Coulthard, 37, finished the race seventh.

Source

Me too. If he said that, Lewis is far far stupider than I had ever thought. Doesn't he know that if anyone hates the English it's the Scots?

Who wrote that crap???

Journalism at its best. :rolleyes:

All Hamilton is quoted as saying is:

"I hoped my fellow Brit might help me out, but he was in the points and wanted a good result," he told The Times.

The rest is the reporter's interpretative "$h!t"

Talk about embellishing....Shesh!

Who wrote that crap???

even so, saying that you thought a driver not on your team would move out of the way, no matter if they were in the points or not is about the stupidest thing you can say as a race driver

Even as a sort of a Hamilton fan, that's a stupid comment.

Why should he help him out.

Exactly...

Especially since he's only 2 nd time in the points this year and its his last 4 races....

My boyfriend just read this and had a massive rant :lol:

"THAT F**KER SHOULD REALISE HE HAS TO WORK FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP, NOT GIFTED IT ON A PLATE"

Never a truer word spoken. But knowing the media, they've just twisted his words.

Now come on Lewis. You should know that at this stage in the championship you should be a pensive pre-Madonna with a complete sense of humour bypass. Being ironic and witty is not becoming of a champion in waiting. Not only that but you lay bare to the senseless ****w!ts who wouldn't see the funny side if a whoopy cushion slapped them in the face and farted the eighteen twelve overture.

Now come on Lewis. You should know that at this stage in the championship you should be a pensive pre-Madonna with a complete sense of humour bypass. Being ironic and witty is not becoming of a champion in waiting. Not only that but you lay bare to the senseless ****w!ts who wouldn't see the funny side if a whoopy cushion slapped them in the face and farted the eighteen twelve overture.

:yes:

People, the 'accents' mainly, jump down Lewis' throat for practically anything he says. Lewis didn't attempt a pass so how could he have expected DC to yield the place.

Andres, you are the chief of 'accents' and should know better given your advanced age.

<_<

Who wrote that crap???

Phiew! thanks for the correction! I guess he was only joking. Now, I am waiting for Dumpster to start a new war.

:lol: Hammy, it's a good job your potentially gonna become the best driver in F1, otherwise you'd just be a total c#ck.

That is the definition of Hamilton right there :lol:

Wow that made me laugh for a while... :D

:yes:

People, the 'accents' mainly, jump down Lewis' throat for practically anything he says. Lewis didn't attempt a pass so how could he have expected DC to yield the place.

Andres, you are the chief of 'accents' and should know better given your advanced age.

<_<

Awww ok, it was fun for a while!

For what it's worth, I do think that he must have been joking, too. I mean, he is one arrogant S.O.B., but not this would be just too much.

But it was fun to see who would take the bait :P

I also posted this because many times, some of Nando's comments that were obviously a joke were taken out of context or just mistranslated into English and caused uproar. A few days ago, he made a comment about not wanting LH to win the championship. He then added that Hamilton is the best driver with the best car, and his previous comment was an obvious joke (it was for a Spanish public). It appeared on some websites as "Alonso doesn't want Hamilton to win the WDC" and "Alonso prefers Massa rather than his sworn enemy, Lewis"...

So, here's a lesson for us all: these comments might or might not be what they seem. But we can be sure that the press would do whatever they want to twist them and convey some predetermined image of a driver.

Think about it next time you read an arrogant comment from your most hatred driver :D

EDIT: Mr.Fedup, what exactly does that whole "accents" talk mean???? I don't get it

Awww ok, it was fun for a while!

For what it's worth, I do think that he must have been joking, too. I mean, he is one arrogant S.O.B., but not this would be just too much.

But it was fun to see who would take the bait :P

I also posted this because many times, some of Nando's comments that were obviously a joke were taken out of context or just mistranslated into English and caused uproar. A few days ago, he made a comment about not wanting LH to win the championship. He then added that Hamilton is the best driver with the best car, and his previous comment was an obvious joke (it was for a Spanish public). It appeared on some websites as "Alonso doesn't want Hamilton to win the WDC" and "Alonso prefers Massa rather than his sworn enemy, Lewis"...

So, here's a lesson for us all: these comments might or might not be what they seem. But we can be sure that the press would do whatever they want to twist them and convey some predetermined image of a driver.

Think about it next time you read an arrogant comment from your most hatred driver :D

EDIT: Mr.Fedup, what exactly does that whole "accents" talk mean???? I don't get it

:lol:

Anyways, here is another Dig at Lewis by Press, They never type what questions they asked, but only the answers they get inorder to make their favourite driver a hero or make their hated driver a zero.

http://www.forumula1.net/2008/f1/f1-news/h...st-ferrari-dig/

When did Lewis become the sworn enemy of Alonso? Is this like the 1600's or something with pistols at dawn?!?!?

Hamilton is just acting much the same way as Senna and Piquet Snr used to. Except Senna is a Saint to most because he died in the car, but he was as ruthless and self serving as they came when he wanted to be. He was also one of only a few that would stop in the middle of a race and pull someone from a car.

This is a highly competitive sport, both inside and outside of the car, so mindgames and trash talking come hand in hand with rubbing wheels. Besides, Hamilton was probably too scared the DC wouldn't have seen him seeing that he's crashed into almost everyone else so far this season.

When did Lewis become the sworn enemy of Alonso? Is this like the 1600's or something with pistols at dawn?!?!?

Hamilton is just acting much the same way as Senna and Piquet Snr used to. Except Senna is a Saint to most because he died in the car, but he was as ruthless and self serving as they came when he wanted to be. He was also one of only a few that would stop in the middle of a race and pull someone from a car.

This is a highly competitive sport, both inside and outside of the car, so mindgames and trash talking come hand in hand with rubbing wheels. Besides, Hamilton was probably too scared the DC wouldn't have seen him seeing that he's crashed into almost everyone else so far this season.

More lewisteric chants.

If only Hamilton ever manages to achieve 10% of what Senna did... scratch that, 2% of what Senna achieved.

One more quote for Maure's book :lol:

If I kept a book, it would be an encyclopedia by now.

But this kind of nonsense is meaningless. Good for jokes and nothing more. Hamilton is driving better and little else matters... all we need now is a competition.

Ferrari aint't it.

I agree with you, dribbler, Lewis is a total c#ckhead!

well, then he's a c#ckhead who leads the championship with 3 races to go....

A rose by any other name ...

Why are you back to sensible man when it was so funny. :lol: