Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Gold Medal For Winning

The almighty Bernie has stated that he would prefer the issuing of a "Gold Medal" for first place in a GP.

His idea, floated past Max Mosely, is that at the end of the season the driver with the most "Gold Medals" wins the championship !!

This idea, as I understand it from what I have read, is to promote "Overtaking" in a GP (Bernie's idea)

my personal opinion of this is totally male animal excretia i.e. BS

Next the winning driver will be awarded with a bunch of bloody flowers !!!!

Don't the olympics already have dibs on the gold medal thing? :huh:

who knows mate

Seems Bernie has lost the plot !!!

One time they did get flowers....

....isn't this just the same thing as he who has most wins in a season is made champ? Sorry but i can't agree with a system that could potentially award a championship season that features say three or more winners, but one guy wins the championship by only finishing those races he wins...ie 6 wins out of 17 races / 11 retirements, with the remaining races being won by three or more other drivers, all of whom finish all races in the season and never out of top 4 or 5 places.

Bloody geriatric bernie...go sod off somewhere

Top three drivers would also be given a packet of salt biscuits along with a cup of tea during Post race press conference. Three cubes of sugar for the winner, two cubes for the second placed, and on for the thrid placed driver.It would be intersting how drivers react to Jasmine tea along with radio active milk biscuits served after the Chinese Grandprix.

oh oh, I know I know, why not make it so that you have to turn in your gold medals for upgrades to your car. Everybody starts out with a honda civic and as the season progresses you exchange your points until you have some form of hybrid monster car that's half civic half formula one car. Think of it, a civic with a formula one engine and big front and rear wings but those tiny civic wheels and all the cars need to be in that "grandparent gold" color with purple racing stripes and a giant rice rocket muffler.

oh I could so be on Burnie's brain trust for ideas to advance the sport :D

One time they did get flowers....

....isn't this just the same thing as he who has most wins in a season is made champ? Sorry but i can't agree with a system that could potentially award a championship season that features say three or more winners, but one guy wins the championship by only finishing those races he wins...ie 6 wins out of 17 races / 11 retirements, with the remaining races being won by three or more other drivers, all of whom finish all races in the season and never out of top 4 or 5 places.

Bloody geriatric bernie...go sod off somewhere

That's a good point, when did they stop with the flowers?? :eusa_think:

I always thought giving them flowers was a bit at odds with the macho, womanising image, though :lol:

Top three drivers would also be given a packet of salt biscuits along with a cup of tea during Post race press conference. Three cubes of sugar for the winner, two cubes for the second placed, and on for the thrid placed driver.It would be intersting how drivers react to Jasmine tea along with radio active milk biscuits served after the Chinese Grandprix.

:lol:

oh oh, I know I know, why not make it so that you have to turn in your gold medals for upgrades to your car. Everybody starts out with a honda civic and as the season progresses you exchange your points until you have some form of hybrid monster car that's half civic half formula one car. Think of it, a civic with a formula one engine and big front and rear wings but those tiny civic wheels and all the cars need to be in that "grandparent gold" color with purple racing stripes and a giant rice rocket muffler.

oh I could so be on Burnie's brain trust for ideas to advance the sport :D

No you can't, beause you're ideas are far too sensible.

I think the winner should get the right to hit Bernie in the head with a rubber chicken. Not Mosley, he might actually like that.

Well bollock me. Let me think about that idea for a minute. No, it's s##t, let's do something else.

Ok, then I'll settle for hitting you on the head with a rubber chicken.

Somebody once walked up to me in the street and slapped me with a fish. Some bloody student with nothing better to do...

Wouldn't choking the chicken be more fun??

What makes you think I won't like it?

Because a rubber chicken is not wet and sticky, which is how you like it.

Wouldn't choking the chicken be more fun??

Because a rubber chicken is not wet and sticky, which is how you like it.

:lol: You know me so well!

Well bollock me. Let me think about that idea for a minute. No, it's s##t, let's do something else.

Now, why not do that for the winner?

I can't stop laughing at this, especially the last part :lol:

The point system is not that great as it is. We can all see why. Point-wise, a position or two makes little difference. A change would be welcome.

Another issue is whether or not to award vacuum cleaners. That I consider brilliant.

Somebody once walked up to me in the street and slapped me with a fish. Some bloody student with nothing better to do...

bloody college kids :rolleyes:

The point system is not that great as it is. We can all see why. Point-wise, a position or two makes little difference. A change would be welcome.

Another issue is whether or not to award vacuum cleaners. That I consider brilliant.

yeah Massa shoul've been awarded something for collecting that brake duct!

:lol::lol:

I would like to do that kind of things, you can tell that guy that he is a hero to me.