Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Why Doesn't Anyone Want Alonso?

Cav...Fuji race has just ended...

:lolroll::roll::banana_new:

:eusa_think: Glad you're happy and that you thought of me :) I couldn't care less, even if Alonso won the championship :yawn: So he lucked into another win. It does two things. It proves my point about the pathetic grid we have this year, and remember I tlaked about this very early in the season, and my point is vindicated every race. The other thing is I guess Alonso needs blind love and a pathetic teammate to do well. Even then, Kubeetza was the better driver today, and the better driver overall this year compared to Alonso.

And he still has the luxury of picking between Renault and Honda. I am sure the Ferrari and Mclaren drivers envy him for that.

:eusa_think: Glad you're happy and that you thought of me :) I couldn't care less, even if Alonso won the championship :yawn: So he lucked into another win. It does two things. It proves my point about the pathetic grid we have this year, and remember I tlaked about this very early in the season, and my point is vindicated every race. The other thing is I guess Alonso needs blind love and a pathetic teammate to do well. Even then, Kubeetza was the better driver today, and the better driver overall this year compared to Alonso.

And he still has the luxury of picking between Renault and Honda. I am sure the Ferrari and Mclaren drivers envy him for that.

Pathetic?

Come on Cav, don't push it... <_<

As you probably didn't watch the race, let me guess your sources for that post....I have powers, you know? I beat you for the TF1 Official Prophet position!

Mmmmh...I'd say you based your opinion on a simulation you ran on batracer and the observation of a wall poster of Schumi wearing a g-string on which you focused while listening to The Gap's "Burn Rubber Over Me" :huh:

So..there was no "naked" dance? ahhhh -_-

Everybody needs "blind love"... even you! :rolleyes:

Alonso fans are like cheap chinese clockwork toys..

Can anyone complete that analogy for me :P

..better than anything to come from Grenada. :lol::P

Its funny to see Cav going from ecstasy to frustration with only two races ^_^

Alonso fans are like cheap chinese clockwork toys..

Can anyone complete that analogy for me :P

...because both prove that you suck at analogies? :lol:

Its funny to see Cav going from ecstasy to frustration with only two races ^_^

AHH yes eCap!!!

Alonso is great, and everyone behind the wheel of a Ferrari and Mclaren this season is clearly overrated!

How on earth does the championship leader only have 82 points from 16 races? HAHA!!!

AHH yes eCap!!!

Alonso is great, and everyone behind the wheel of a Ferrari and Mclaren this season is clearly overrated!

How on earth does the championship leader only have 82 points from 16 races? HAHA!!!

Yeah, Alonso mentioned in an interview he had a similar amount of points from NINE RACES in 2006. That says a lot.

I didn't say put a monkey in the car. I said put in a good capable driver and they will win races for you.

As far as your comments about Massa, that is so old, and yes he did finish the race which is more then a lot of the other drivers did at Silverstone. Massa is getting paid about 1/10th of what KR is getting. Is a driver really worth that????? I think not. How about Hamilton last year at McClaren. Seems to me like the guys getting paid less are doing better jobs. How about RB and JB. Who do you think gets paid more there???? Is he worth it.????? The answer is no on all counts. The truly greats will gain you a few positons on the grid, but to win the WDC, they still need to be in one of the best cars on the grid.

Please justify how you think JB isn't worth his pay. Actually, to justify it is impossible - so please explain.

Yeah, Alonso mentioned in an interview he had a similar amount of points from NINE RACES in 2006. That says a lot.

I don't get this. When a team/driver dominates people say it's boring. and if the season is actually close right to the end they say the guys in the top team are crap... Make up your mind, do you want close championship battle or one guy/team accuring more points??

I don't get this. When a team/driver dominates people say it's boring. and if the season is actually close right to the end they say the guys in the top team are crap... Make up your mind, do you want close championship battle or one guy/team accuring more points??

:lol: That's how I see it too.

Please justify how you think JB isn't worth his pay. Actually, to justify it is impossible - so please explain.

His perfomrance against RB is nothing special and RB is retiring because no one wants him anymore. What does that say about Button.

Telling it how it is and complaining are two different things, I'm telling it how it is, the drivers this year have undoubtedly made more mistakes, I never said it was bad thing. So I don't have to make up my mind, I like drivers who make mistakes because it makes it unpredictable, I also like drivers who are incredibly consistent and don't make mistakes (Alonso), because they are more impressive to me and I don't mind someone dominating if they are doing it in a fair way.

Does that answer your question? :P:D

Telling it how it is and complaining are two different things, I'm telling it how it is, the drivers this year have undoubtedly made more mistakes, I never said it was bad thing. So I don't have to make up my mind, I like drivers who make mistakes because it makes it unpredictable, I also like drivers who are incredibly consistent and don't make mistakes (Alonso), because they are more impressive to me and I don't mind someone dominating if they are doing it in a fair way.

Does that answer your question? :P:D

In a maure-istic way to answer a question.... :P

And while i was not particularly aiming this at you, but mainly in general to the whole complaining...

His perfomrance against RB is nothing special and RB is retiring because no one wants him anymore. What does that say about Button.

In a good handling car, Button would trash him. Probably.

And while i was not particularly aiming this at you, but mainly in general to the whole complaining...

:lol:

Sorry I am getting too aggressive, it's an emotional time for us Kimi fans and what with all the rubbish on the forum it kinda feels like :frusty: with some people!

Yup. I also didn't like the comment Nando made as soon as I read it. This is a very condensed list of the ups and downs of the latest seasons for me:

1) Less one horse races: good

2) New tracks: Mixed. If they get rid of Magny Cours and Hungaroring it will be great. Valencia? The race was crap, but you need to watch at least two or three races before judging. I don't miss Imola, either. Singapore seemed good, maybe next year sucks. Bahrain is good, Shanghai is very good, Turkey is great. I miss Suzuka every year. I will definitely HATE not having Montreal.

3) Overtaking: This year we've seen some more overtaking. Not too much, many processional races, but the few ones with overtaking showed some very good ones. Most people recalls the old age only trhu a condensed "highlights" mental image. I recall watching the cars going lap over lap without any real overtaking in the past too. Of course, the cars allowed for some rather amazing overtaking. Tires could take more punishment than today, and the wheel to wheel battles were far more common in the 70s. But compared to the 90s, for example, I think we might be even better now.

4) Driver's skills: Mixed. Some really great displays (Singapore+no TC+no pileup=boring, but amazing feat) coupled with mistakes that would have embarrassed Ide himself. Let's not compare the whole field with Senna, Prost et al. Let's compare them against Salazar, De Cesaris, Yoong or Ralf Schumacher. They don't suck THAT much now, do they?

5) Top drivers: Mixed. Alonso back in form is breathtaking. Kubica is good, he just needs a little plus (maybe a better car) and he will be a great one. Massa? He still fails to amaze me, but the guy certainly works hard. Damon Hill was not so much better, let's not exagerate. Hamilton...well I certainly give the guy the credit for his ups, because he is amazingly fast and fun to watch. When he sucks, though...at least he is still as fun! Kimi? Oh..well...could be worse, I guess.

6) Stupid restrictions: awfully bad. The teams are spread like always (two teams at the top, one of them Ferrari...two more that might get a lucky win and the rest fighting for whatever they can get, plus the usual moving chicanes) so all the efforts and regulations to have the same field spread we have at the beggining. The money they might have saved in developement they wasted in lawyers.

7) Stewards: they turned every race into a whining competition. "He deserved the penalty more than I!" "Look! That guy's helmet is not legal!!!" "Mommy! Daddy!!!". Pathetic. Worse of all, just imagine they stop delivering penalties from now on. Next race somebody makes a move like Hammy's or Massa's yet they don't get penalized. How will Lewis and Felipe feel?

Spot on. Rainmaster made sense (to me) even if I disagree with his assesment that drivers making so many mistakes is not a bad thing. It freaking is. The quality of the competition has become embarrassing to watch.

After all, do we (most of us) not think there is good chance Hamilton will goof it up? Do we not think that Massa really does not have a prayer otherwise? Do we not think that it would be nice for Kubica to grab the DWC away from those two buffoons?

Hey don't get me wrong, its exciting alright and we have probably had the most winners in a single season since... (a long time ago),

BUT the point is that the 2 Ferrari drivers and Spewis have made endless errors all season and to be honest none of them are worthy of winning this years championship.

I actually think on merit the championship should go to Kubica who has not only been the most consistent driver but also made few errors while being bloody fast!