Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Why Doesn't Anyone Want Alonso?

What do you make of Renault saying Alonso becomes 'irrational' under pressure from a team mate and that he can't cope with it?

Curious thing. The alledged "pressure" and "irrationality" never existed before Hamilton denounced McLaren for fixing races in Monaco and RD decided to stop at nothing to screw Alonso over in favor of Hamilton...

His alternative is to stay at Renault and be successful. I highly doubt there's a better package for Alonso than them.

It depends how much a team is willing to lose.

McLaren lost a WDC because they didn't back Alonso and may still lose another one. Ferrari may also still lose this one because Massa only truly excels in the friends-in-high-places department. BMW would've had better standing, maybe even fight for the WDC, with Alonso rather than Heidfeld. And so on.

And, of course, we would all gain (I mean F1 fans, not hero-worshippers) if the top drivers had the best cars...

Alonso will NEVER drive for Ferrari, NEVER!

He verbally agreed a contract with Jean Todt and Ferrari in 2001 then reneged on it to sign for Flavio and Minardi. History will show that he made the right decision and won 2 xwdc's as a result, but Todt has never forgiven him and so he will NEVER drive for the team.

Carry on

Your anger only makes the point.

Decisions regarding who drives for who are based on personal vendettas and infantile psychological problems. Thus, teams and fans lose out.

Oh yes. Quite a few people at Renault have said the same. But I do want to hear Maure's opinion because he will know better than anyone.

Not "quite a few", Murray, every single person at Renault has said it... they do this after they provide a list of teammates that had put Alonso "under pressure". Go fetch the list.

You, hilarious bunch...

Alonso will NEVER drive for Ferrari, NEVER!

He verbally agreed a contract with Jean Todt and Ferrari in 2001 then reneged on it to sign for Flavio and Minardi. History will show that he made the right decision and won 2 xwdc's as a result, but Todt has never forgiven him and so he will NEVER drive for the team.

Carry on

ah, you're back...good!

But you forget what Alonso does when he doesn't get favourable treatment... Ferrari simply don't want that kind of competition from teammates. They prefer the way Massa and Kimi handle situations, and thus have extended their contracts till the end of 2011...

What, you mean like Massa & Kimi making endless amounts of c0ckups and throwing away the 2008 drivers title?

Not "quite a few", Murray, every single person at Renault has said it... they do this after they provide a list of teammates that had put Alonso "under pressure". Go fetch the list.

You, hilarious bunch...

:lol: Yes. It's quite shocking that 'every single person at Renault' (your words) saw Alonso get 'irrational' (their words) when faced with Fisichella of all people. One can only imagine his state of mind when up against Hamilton.

But you have dismissed the most important aspect of the affair and the reason why only since last season many of us have noticed Alonso for _precisely_ his mental strength. Namely, McLaren screwed him royally... and themselves in the process. Only lewisterics can dispute (and with pure dellusion at that) that if McLaren had backed Alonso, they would've claim the WDC with ease. Naturally, I can't complain about this since it benefited Kimi. But it is a fact and it stands.

(EDIT)

And, btw, the whole "Alonso is stressed out and at the end of his wits" was fabricated after Monaco to hide Hamilton denouncing McLaren for fixing races. Come Canada, Alonso was screwed in qualifying and took a risk on the first turn. He missed and the lewisterics run with "Alonso's mental struggle" until today. Review the events and read Coulthard's notes (his blog) on the Canada thingy for reference. It was all a fantasy built to protect Hamilton as have been many others...

No, I haven't dismissed it, I just didn't mention it. Why? Because everyone's effing opinions on this subject have been voiced a 1000 times over. I'd rather plat sh!t than go over this again.

No offence maure, we all have our opinions, but that's all they are - our own opinion, there's no facts that everyone can be convinced with one way or the other. Unless of course, Lewnando Alonilton has something to do with global warming climate change the weather? :P

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses - Alonso, Hamilton and many others have had times when they have looked (mentally) weak, and times when they've looked invincible. I'm sure this won't change, it's life. It's also the stuff for exceptionally long, boring, done-to-death, wind-up-merchant threads ;)

Because everyone's effing opinions on this subject have been voiced a 1000 times over. I'd rather plat sh!t than go over this again.

Agreed...

Alonso = Double world champion and the 2007 victim

Spewis = C**t

:lol: Yes. It's quite shocking that 'every single person at Renault' (your words) saw Alonso get 'irrational' (their words) when faced with Fisichella of all people. One can only imagine his state of mind when up against Hamilton.

Come on, buddy. Cavallino does not have the brains and is, thus, excused. But, you? It's all an ego thing for you and that is just sad.

No, I haven't dismissed it, I just didn't mention it. Why? Because everyone's effing opinions on this subject have been voiced a 1000 times over. I'd rather plat sh!t than go over this again.

No offence maure, we all have our opinions, but that's all they are - our own opinion, there's no facts that everyone can be convinced with one way or the other. Unless of course, Lewnando Alonilton has something to do with global warming climate change the weather? :P

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses - Alonso, Hamilton and many others have had times when they have looked (mentally) weak, and times when they've looked invincible. I'm sure this won't change, it's life. It's also the stuff for exceptionally long, boring, done-to-death, wind-up-merchant threads ;)

Yep, you didn't mentioned it. I did because it is a factor to consider in the matter. Ignoring it may get you closer to an opinion but not to a description/understanding of the situation.

It's all an ego thing for you

Well, yeah, I have a big one and I like to stroke it. You should try it with me sometime. :D Cav is far too smart though: he only hangs out with smart women, so we have no chance with him.

Yep, you didn't mentioned it. I did because it is a factor to consider in the matter. Ignoring it may get you closer to an opinion but not to a description/understanding of the situation.

You might have missed this bit maure,

I didn't ignore it, I do have an opinion, and I have a clear understanding of the situation - I just don't think it's worth a gazillion posts. Which I've just added to. Damn. Bollocks :P

This is true. We are all missing the incredible skill and and consistency of Michael. These new boys are monkey amateurs.

Well, yeah, I have a big one and I like to stroke it. You should try it with me sometime. :D Cav is far too smart though: he only hangs out with smart women, so we have no chance with him.

Sorry to hear.

You might have missed this bit maure,

I didn't ignore it, I do have an opinion, and I have a clear understanding of the situation - I just don't think it's worth a gazillion posts. Which I've just added to. Damn. Bollocks :P

You were the one that originally posted on the issue. Here it is:

Forgetting the (very) odd point or two, for someone in their first year in F1 - in real terms Alsono did kinda get his a## kicked - for two reasons. One is that Hamster was far, far quicker than most expected, and two, that it caught Fernando by surprise and he struggled (mentally) with the threat, and certainly this put him off his stride.

Your claim regarding Alonso's psychological response is missing the shtstrom he faced in McLaren. I think my bringing this up was in accord with your post. I, for one, find it impossible to properly asses the Alonso/Hamilton situation without taking into consideration RD and his death wish (for the team). I also don't think you believe that the Alonso/Hamilton situation existed in a vacuum... even if that is what you originally said. The actions of RD were not an "odd point or two" but central to McLaren's spiralling out of control.

You were the one that originally posted on the issue. Here it is:

Your claim regarding Alonso's psychological response is missing the shtstrom he faced in McLaren. I think my bringing this up was in accord with your post. I, for one, find it impossible to properly asses the Alonso/Hamilton situation without taking into consideration RD and his death wish (for the team). I also don't think you believe that the Alonso/Hamilton situation existed in a vacuum... even if that is what you originally said. The actions of RD were not an "odd point or two" but central to McLaren's spiralling out of control.

Yes, and the fact that Alonso was cheating, spying and dragging the team's name through the mud is not central at all? You amuse me. All the proof you have for the psychological torture Alonso was going through are his rantings and a couple of stray remarks to the press. We have his own confessions that he engaged in spying and cheating. Yet, one of these is central to the issue, and the other one isn't?

Yes, and the fact that Alonso was cheating, spying and dragging the team's name through the mud is not central at all? You amuse me. All the proof you have for the psychological torture Alonso was going through are his rantings and a couple of stray remarks to the press. We have his own confessions that he engaged in spying and cheating. Yet, one of these is central to the issue, and the other one isn't?

Cavallino is special...... short bus special that is!

otherwise how can you explain he conveniently forgets about Jan. 2008, and the very public apology that Honest Ron had to give Ferrari in order to avoid being expelled from the 08 championship do to the development of no less than 4 systems in the Mclaren 08 car taken from the famous Ferrari dossier, and how does one explain the fact that there where at least 4 senior managers from Mclaren in the know?

Oh yes because alonso single handlely manages to impersonate Mike, steal the docs, use them t upgrade the car, and nt tell anyone at mclaren......... :lol:

Cavallino, it must be sad to be you

Another contradictory rant from Cavallino. What else is new.

Maure, since I've known you on here, you've been very biased in your assessment with the Mclarenn/Alonso saga. Cav certainly does have a point or 2, and they definately hold more weight!

'nuff said!!!!

Cavallino is special...... short bus special that is!

otherwise how can you explain he conveniently forgets about Jan. 2008, and the very public apology that Honest Ron had to give Ferrari in order to avoid being expelled from the 08 championship do to the development of no less than 4 systems in the Mclaren 08 car taken from the famous Ferrari dossier, and how does one explain the fact that there where at least 4 senior managers from Mclaren in the know?

Oh yes because alonso single handlely manages to impersonate Mike, steal the docs, use them t upgrade the car, and nt tell anyone at mclaren......... :lol:

Wow, in that case ALonso is even more talented than we give him credit :rolleyes:

...and how does one explain the fact that there where at least 4 senior managers from Mclaren in the know?

sure they were in the know, but aint every other team almost guilty of it, they copy and paste designs(thanks Ash), look what happened with the Renault saga end of year. They had the info on cd, those are hard evidence to ignore, with the FIA's leniency towards them.

But the problem is Alonso misuse of those kind of info(the gas of the tyres), entirely of his own doing, his audacity to challenge the management of Mclaren, his tantrums, attitude and things he said to the media.... a driver just can't behave like that....If Maclaren were guilty of anything, so is Alonso...