Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Thread Delete

Yeah me neither.... Maybe it was some posts after we left the forum....

I think both president's will be useless anyways, Both can't stop America in recession/depression, most likely will not be able to take out before their first term and will be a gully ka bakra... So IMO the elections don't matter....

You realize, of course, that the last time USA was anywhere NEAR recession/depression was the last 2 quarters of Clinton Admin ( the last time USA GDP growth was at 0% for 2 consecutive quarters was the second half of 1999)...

As opposed to a guy who talks (only with teleprompter) about change, picks a 65-year old (talking about being a breath away), 36-year insider as VP who was trounced by "inexperienced" oponent and could not get straigt facts about his own background (I know, I live in "his" state), whose sum total of experience is helping hoods from ACORN intimidate voters in Chicago (and spent 2 years as senator, 2/3 of which he was busy running for president), who could do ACORN "community organizing" (read intimidating) because he was unemployed due to failure to make a junior partner in a law firm he worked for, who is qualified to be a President because (in his own words) he is running his own campaign (he is not running it- two former Fannie May execs are running it), who spent 20 years listening to a preacher continuously slamming USofA, and who is either suing anyone disagreeing with him, or have people investigating him detained in foreign countries, not to mention who was openly endorsed by such peace-loving organizations as Hezbollah and Hamas.

Yup, you got me - Palin for VP is way scarier than 0 for President.

On the up side, TF1 moderators are no longer an urban myth...

As opposed to a guy who talks (only with teleprompter) about change, picks a 65-year old (talking about being a breath away), 36-year insider as VP who was trounced by "inexperienced" oponent and could not get straigt facts about his own background (I know, I live in "his" state), whose sum total of experience is helping hoods from ACORN intimidate voters in Chicago (and spent 2 years as senator, 2/3 of which he was busy running for president), who could do ACORN "community organizing" (read intimidating) because he was unemployed due to failure to make a junior partner in a law firm he worked for, who is qualified to be a President because (in his own words) he is running his own campaign (he is not running it- two former Fannie May execs are running it), who spent 20 years listening to a preacher continuously slamming USofA, and who is either suing anyone disagreeing with him, or have people investigating him detained in foreign countries, not to mention who was openly endorsed by such peace-loving organizations as Hezbollah and Hamas.

Yup, you got me - Palin for VP is way scarier than 0 for President.

Aside from the rest of your post, do you genuinely think that Biden was "trounced" by Palin? I can't take a thing you say seriously if you start off with that (not that I do anyway :rolleyes: )

You realize, of course, that the last time USA was anywhere NEAR recession/depression was the last 2 quarters of Clinton Admin ( the last time USA GDP growth was at 0% for 2 consecutive quarters was the second half of 1999)...

They did go into a recession in 2001.... So what will it be now?

Someone who wants to vote for McCain would be pretty crazy.

Anyone voting for McCain-Palin needs their heads checked, that woman is scary. The prospect of her running the U.S. is as terrifying as that of any terrorist/ other dodgy group or regime acquiring nuclear weapons.

And yet Obama would raise taxes and promote the idea of a government running healthcare, when government can't even educate the kids.

Right...

And yet Obama would raise taxes and promote the idea of a government running healthcare, when government can't even educate the kids.

At least we agree about something in America! :P Nah I'm just kidding. Do you know America has a worse child mortality rate than Cuba?

At least we agree about something in America! :P Nah I'm just kidding. Do you know America has a worse child mortality rate than Cuba?

Only if you are gullible enough to think that a despicable dictator like Castro is credible.

(It seems like the 'thread delete' notice will be deleted too)

Well perhaps you have a fair, if moot, point. The data come from the WHO, who try to correct for bias and might well collect their own data, but yes, perhaps the figures for Cuba aren't very reliable. Either way, America has an unusually high infant mortality rate compared to other countries, most of whom will provide reliable figures. Moreover, the quality of healthcare for the rich is very good in America, so there must be some people with extremely poor provision.

Did you guys in England finally find a way to fix your teeth? I mean, it's really embarrasing, you know.

Aside from the rest of your post, do you genuinely think that Biden was "trounced" by Palin? I can't take a thing you say seriously if you start off with that (not that I do anyway :rolleyes: )

Considering she "has no experience" while he had 36 years of it, I'd say she came up on top of that one. I also believe he got his facts wrong including facts about Delaware.

Oh, btw - he showed up at the U of Delaware game last night and walked right past (literally 1 foot away) me with his 5 Secret Service guys. I yelled "how come you got beat up by a girl?" but he didn't react. Putz. That botox job was awful, too.

Well perhaps you have a fair, if moot, point. The data come from the WHO, who try to correct for bias and might well collect their own data, but yes, perhaps the figures for Cuba aren't very reliable. Either way, America has an unusually high infant mortality rate compared to other countries, most of whom will provide reliable figures. Moreover, the quality of healthcare for the rich is very good in America, so there must be some people with extremely poor provision.

Not only the rich. Don't fantasize. Besides which, what is considered poor in US wouldn't be so in other countries.

Bring in those WHO numbers and let's pass judgement...

Did you guys in England finally find a way to fix your teeth? I mean, it's really embarrasing, you know.

Racist...... :rolleyes:

Considering she "has no experience" while he had 36 years of it, I'd say she came up on top of that one.

That's a pretty fatuous argument. Biden won the debate- you can't cite her lack of experience as a mitigating factor, since that lack of experience is of legitimate concern when it comes to the question of whether she's fit to lead the country.

I also believe he got his facts wrong including facts about Delaware.

Could be- the news coverge I saw highlighted a few errors on both sides.

Oh, btw - he showed up at the U of Delaware game last night and walked right past (literally 1 foot away) me with his 5 Secret Service guys. I yelled "how come you got beat up by a girl?" but he didn't react. Putz. That botox job was awful, too.

I expect you thought you were being terribly witty. I expect he thought you were a drunk.

Let me guess, you like Newsome, Pelosi, Boxer and Frankenstein?

Considering she "has no experience" while he had 36 years of it, I'd say she came up on top of that one. I also believe he got his facts wrong including facts about Delaware.

It's not a boxing match with weight divisions. I wouldn't be surprised Sarah Palin got no facts wrong (actually I know she got the name of the American commander in Afghanistan wrong). But she managed to avoid mentioning any facts whatsoever, which is impressive - not impressive for a prospective president though.

The most terrifying thing is that she fully believes she is capable of being president. I think we've all run into such people at some point, the ruthless ambition, and the presumption that the only capability required for high office is to have run over, discredited or otherwise eliminated your opponents.

Oh, btw - he showed up at the U of Delaware game last night and walked right past (literally 1 foot away) me with his 5 Secret Service guys. I yelled "how come you got beat up by a girl?" but he didn't react. Putz.

He's a better man than I am, I would have been tempted to reply with any of the 10 witty replies I can think of.

That botox job was awful, too.

Really? You better find a new plastic surgeon then shouldn't you? Kind of off topic though..

See, that's the thing. Before Palin, it was possible to have legitimate debate over the candidates and their policies and advisers. Now, all you need to reply with is Palin. Palin 'Obama palling around with terrorists' Palin. Palin 'can't name a newspaper she reads' Palin. Palin 'can't put a sentence together' Palin.

More than Palin? Fck yes!

It's not a boxing match with weight divisions. I wouldn't be surprised Sarah Palin got no facts wrong (actually I know she got the name of the American commander in Afghanistan wrong). But she managed to avoid mentioning any facts whatsoever, which is impressive - not impressive for a prospective president though.

The most terrifying thing is that she fully believes she is capable of being president. I think we've all run into such people at some point, the ruthless ambition, and the presumption that the only capability required for high office is to have run over, discredited or otherwise eliminated your opponents.

He's a better man than I am, I would have been tempted to reply with any of the 10 witty replies I can think of.

Really? You better find a new plastic surgeon then shouldn't you? Kind of off topic though..

I would say about 40% of people watching the debate disagree with you, but I'll give you 45% who do. Considering she had 4 weeks to prepare, while Biden had 36 years, I'll agree ona stalemate, which means Joe de facto lost

No, he is not a better man, just an old and deaf gasbag. He was greeted politely by a mixed crowd (those around me were rather of Republican mind) while Palin was booed in Philadelphia during equally non-political event- shows how "tolerant " liberals really are ...

What's terrifying is that you guys think she is not ready to be a VP, but you believe a guy with only about 6 month of "real" (i.e. US Senator) experience more than her is ready to be the President. Based on what? His speeches?? If she is not capable of a VP job (I mean really, even that idiot Algore did an OK job - and he is the biggest gasbag since Jimminy Carter) then 0 should go back to being a community organizer (aka training ACORN people how to commit voter fraud), because there is nothing in his resume that makes him more capable than her. Oh, and Joe is only 7 years younger than McCain, BTW... Now THERE is a change I can believe in, I hope...

Barack Obama had worked in the senate (if my sources are right) 183 days of the few years he has been there, and the vast majority of the time, he voted "present."

Something's not right here...

See, that's the thing. Before Palin, it was possible to have legitimate debate over the candidates and their policies and advisers. Now, all you need to reply with is Palin. Palin 'Obama palling around with terrorists' Palin. Palin 'can't name a newspaper she reads' Palin. Palin 'can't put a sentence together' Palin.

it hurts to see a woman achieve what you libs only scream, but really don't do much about, doesn't it? 0 makes pretty speeches about change and hope, but did exactly NOTHING in his long (?) and bright carrier of being Daley's hatchet man. She actually DID for people in her state more than his empty promises. Can any of you actually explain what the hel does he mean by change and hope, other than taxing "the rich" (surely not his multimillion dollar donors???) aka middle class??

You call this circle jerk about the annointed/chosen One a debate? Made me sick when not one person challenged that complete idiot (well, at least without a telemprompter) on a single issue!! Please, don't make me throw up.

Barack Obama had worked in the senate (if my sources are right) 183 days of the few years he has been there, and the vast majority of the time, he voted "present."

Something's not right here...

Oh,but how DARE you challenge the chosen one??? he IS the Obamessiah (so says rev's Wright and Farrakhan - I know, I heard them). Don't you KNOW that questioning his experience means you MUST be a racist?? Be careful, Obamabots may sue you!

Those damn small toys in the McDonald's Happy meals!!!

Not only the rich. Don't fantasize. Besides which, what is considered poor in US wouldn't be so in other countries.

Bring in those WHO numbers and let's pass judgement...

OK maybe someone should start a new thread in the Cafe to discuss the American Elections....

:lol: Hell yeah!

:roll::roll: