Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Canada Loses Formula One Slot.

From the horse's mouth :

"America works in a different way," the F1 Chief Executive is quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Certain world events, like Formula One in some countries or the Olympic Games, are financed by the state.

"In America they are organised by private entities, who want to make a profit even before the race has been held. It's a bit too much."

WOW. The man is dense. Imagine the nerve of a promoter having this expectation!!!!!!! Let me just say this, if Tony George and the Indianapolis speedway can't make the economics work, then something is seriously wrong with F1. I say this my friends because, TG and Indy are by far the most successful commercial race promoters in the world. T.G wouldn't cut him a check, and now the hugely well attended and watched Canadian GP is saying the same thing. Bernie take your toys and don't come back. We will find something else to do.

North Americans. Buy VW, Porsche, Audi, General Motors, Ford, Chrylser, Hyundi, Kia. Send a message to the people that really matter, that you don't appreciate being spat on. F1 will be in financial trouble, and there has never been a better time to lay the boots to this circus. I sure hope Canada doesn't do something stupid and cough up a bunch of taxpayers money. Far better to say good riddance, and let the organizors of this greedfest sleep in the bed they are making for themselves. If the North Amercian market is important to them, then let them bring the race back to Canada.

Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Nisson/Renault,Ferrari. I hope you are paying attention to what Bernie is doing. He has nothing to loose, but you do. THere are a lot of good quality cars out there, that aren't in bed with this man.

WOW. The man is dense. Imagine the nerve of a promoter having this expectation!!!!!!! Let me just say this, if Tony George and the Indianapolis speedway can't make the economics work, then something is seriously wrong with F1. I say this my friends because, TG and Indy are by far the most successful commercial race promoters in the world. T.G wouldn't cut him a check, and now the hugely well attended and watched Canadian GP is saying the same thing. Bernie take your toys and don't come back. We will find something else to do.

North Americans. Buy VW, Porsche, Audi, General Motors, Ford, Chrylser, Hyundi, Kia. Send a message to the people that really matter, that you don't appreciate being spat on. F1 will be in financial trouble, and there has never been a better time to lay the boots to this circus. I sure hope Canada doesn't do something stupid and cough up a bunch of taxpayers money. Far better to say good riddance, and let the organizors of this greedfest sleep in the bed they are making for themselves. If the North Amercian market is important to them, then let them bring the race back to Canada.

Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Nisson/Renault,Ferrari. I hope you are paying attention to what Bernie is doing. He has nothing to loose, but you do. THere are a lot of good quality cars out there, that aren't in bed with this man.

And what Bernie says is not wrong. You have to earn a profit after the whole event not just by selling tickets...

No NA guy will not buy a Honda/Toyota just becuase F1 left America.... I'm sorry you would want that to happen, but i would really doubt some guy will buy a GM just coz there shares are screwed up....

And what Bernie says is not wrong. You have to earn a profit after the whole event not just by selling tickets...

No NA guy will not buy a Honda/Toyota just becuase F1 left America.... I'm sorry you would want that to happen, but i would really doubt some guy will buy a GM just coz there shares are screwed up....

Hey Money talks. What else can you do. Throwing money at Bernie is not a viable solution. Car sales in North America are going to plumment anyway, might as well pretend F1 leaving North American had somehting to do with it. It is called owning the condition. You know it is going to happen, so throw a cause in there that will benefit from the known outcome.

You are right. 75% of the NA population doesn't even know F1 exists. I think F1 is just going to go a different direction now. It will be intersting to see if all the manufacturers stay on for the ride Bernie is taking them on.

I think that its pants that this so-called 'world championship' no longer has a race in North America.

Plus, the Canadian GP is always a good one every year, usually with the twist of a safety car intervention.

Perhaps by 2020 F1 will just be an Asian series and all the teams will be based in Mongolia.

I hope you guys are right about it coming back. Otherwise my vacation plans for next year have to be rethought

An Announcement it due, Canada paid into Bernie's pockets to what i heard last...

Instead of starting a new thread, the rumor that has come back to life more times than any other in motorsport (even more than "OMGZ DANICA TO NASCAR PLAY BATRACER BTW!!!!1111!!")...talks are on for the USGP in 2010.

I saw this on another forum with no source posted, but since they're buying it, I guess I will too because I think I saw an article or something mentioning this and I'm too lazy to look.

Nick Fry says talks are on for return of USGP in 2010. Indy is one option though they prefer to be on east or west coasts.

Some Honda yen wouldn't exactly hurt in the pursuit of finding the money to please Bernie. If it's on the coasts, it will be a street race. Even with Honda yen, no track on the east or west coast (besides Bruton Smith's Snorenoma track, and he doesn't want F1) has the money for a Grand Prix, especially when you consider building F1-standard garages and facilities. And no major city that Bernie would like has the money. And Vegas isn't on the cost, though I would love to see them on the Champ Car circuit of 2007. Honda is heavily involved with the IndyCar and ALMS races in the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida, which at one point was rumored to get an F1 date at one point, but the track would need to be lengthened to meet F1's 2.5-mile rule.

In conclusion, F1 won't be back in the States. And I don't care, honestly. F1 should be at Montreal because it's an awesome circuit and an awesome city, though.

ISC/NASCAR trumps TG/Indy easily, with the Daytona 500, Talladega 500, Brickward 400 (the irony) and World 600 trumping the Indy 500. But the biggest are government subsidized Olympic Games and the World Cup.

ISC/NASCAR trumps TG/Indy easily, with the Daytona 500, Talladega 500, Brickward 400 (the irony) and World 600 trumping the Indy 500. But the biggest are government subsidized Olympic Games and the World Cup.

Sort of. Dega got worse TV ratings than Indy this year and probably has for a few years, and the Brickyard 400 had much lower attendance (even before the news of the tire Sh#t) and has gotten worse TV ratings (this year doesn't count...)

But yeah, in general they do, even if they're all a bunch of c#cksucking d-bags.