Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Fuji Gp

Can anyone tell me why the tryes have green grooves now? They probably explained it in the pre race banter, but I missed it.

Can anyone tell me why the tryes have green grooves now? They probably explained it in the pre race banter, but I missed it.

To show to the world that F1 is environmentally friendly, they decided to paint the groves green. Thankfully Slicks are coming next year so none of this BS (now i do realize these ****ers could paint the whole damn thing green, but seriously that would suck big time)

To show to the world that F1 is environmentally friendly, they decided to paint the groves green. Thankfully Slicks are coming next year so none of this BS (now i do realize these ****ers could paint the whole damn thing green, but seriously that would suck big time)

Couldn't they just buy some carbon credits from Algore and give us normal looking tires???

Hmmm crap racing on a crap track with crappy cars (even the tyres looked crap with the green stripes)...

Crap rules and crap stewards.

As I have said before I am an old fart (no comments please Pasboh :) ) and have been watching F1 for 35 years. I think F1 is getting itself into a mess currently - there was a time with Schui and Hill/Villeneuve were fighting for the WDC or when Mansell and Senna were doing their thing when I would be gutted if I missed a race or, if out I would rush back home to see it.

I don't feel this way any more. F1 to me has become like one of those books where you really hate the writing style, but for some reason have to finish it (Da Vinci Code, for example)... unfulfilling.

I wonder how many other fans are getting bored/switching off? With credit crunch biting, sponsors are going to drop like flies and the major manufacturers are going to start questioning the spend. I guess this is why Bernie is doing things like Singapore... OK I admit I enjoyed that race, but the novelty will wear off and the slide into over-hyped, over-regulated, mediocrity will continue. I'm sick to the back teeth of the FIA's nannying, controlling, faffing with every aspect of the sport.

Now OK, maybe I am being a bit negative - but there is an important issue here. F1 radically needs to reinvent itself, otherwise, like the banks who have gone for years rubbing their hands with glee over the financial booms, all of a sudden its going to end, the money will dry up and F1 will be relegated back to how it was in the 70s - a niche sport with 30 minute summary TV coverage and a field made up of privateers and real racers with a passion - maybe no bad thing???

Hmmm crap racing on a crap track with crappy cars (even the tyres looked crap with the green stripes)...

As I have said before I am an old fart (no comments please Pasboh :) ) and have been watching F1 for 35 years. I think F1 is getting itself into a mess currently - there was a time with Schui and Hill/Villeneuve were fighting for the WDC or when Mansell and Senna were doing their thing when I would be gutted if I missed a race or, if out I would rush back home to see it.

I don't feel this way any more. F1 to me has become like one of those books where you really hate the writing style, but for some reason have to finish it (Da Vinci Code, for example)... unfulfilling.

I wonder how many other fans are getting bored/switching off? With credit crunch biting, sponsors are going to drop like flies and the major manufacturers are going to start questioning the spend. I guess this is why Bernie is doing things like Singapore... OK I admit I enjoyed that race, but the novelty will wear off and the slide into over-hyped, over-regulated, mediocrity will continue. I'm sick to the back teeth of the FIA's nannying, controlling, faffing with every aspect of the sport.

Now OK, maybe I am being a bit negative - but there is an important issue here. F1 radically needs to reinvent itself, otherwise, like the banks who have gone for years rubbing their hands with glee over the financial booms, all of a sudden its going to end, the money will dry up and F1 will be relegated back to how it was in the 70s - a niche sport with 30 minute summary TV coverage and a field made up of privateers and real racers with a passion - maybe no bad thing???

Oh cheer up you miserable sod, here's a woman waving her knickers at ya :waccoe1: Did that help? :P

I still watch 'cos there's aspects that I enjoy (as in other m/sports), but one day the whole shee-bang will be fettled, probably by someone stepping in and declaring their brain cell to be functioning...

Edit: Been away for a couple of days, has 'crap' replaced 'bollocks'?

Because he is so incredibly talented, he has to make winning the WDC harder for himself, it's actually the same for Kimi :whistling::D

They all suck. The only drivers who don't suck are, as of now: Kubica, Vettel and Alonso.

Rainmaster is pure genius! AGREED!!!

Oh cheer up you miserable sod, here's a woman waving her knickers at ya :waccoe1: Did that help? :P

It did actually :) Sorry for being a misery but I'm just finding F1 hard to love lately which is a real shame. Its the one eyed puppy with a hair-lip in a pet shop - you want love it, but.... :)

Its like being asked out for a date with Angelina Jolie and finding out she is really a man....

No, better it is a Pot Noodle - smells good, great idea and every now and again you think - "ooh Pot Noodle I haven't had one of those in ages" so you buy one and it tastes like crap :D

Edit: Been away for a couple of days, has 'crap' replaced 'bollocks'?

No don't think so as saying something is the "Dog's Crap" doesn't have the same ring to it. :)

It did actually :) Sorry for being a misery but I'm just finding F1 hard to love lately which is a real shame. Its the one eyed puppy with a hair-lip in a pet shop - you want love it, but.... :)

F1 hasn't changed that much, when you think back the Jean Marie Ballestre days ther was just as much muck flying about. Just do what Hamilton isn't, stay calm and watch the recovery ;)

Its like being asked out for a date with Angelina Jolie and finding out she is really a man....

OK, I admit it'd be a first, but if she was a man I'd shag it :lol:

No, better it is a Pot Noodle - smells good, great idea and every now and again you think - "ooh Pot Noodle I haven't had one of those in ages" so you buy one and it tastes like crap :D

'Not Poodle' is the only way to describe that sh!te! Great replacement for gasket material though....

No don't think so as saying something is the "Dog's Crap" doesn't have the same ring to it. :)

Crapocks? Bollap?

The recovery is just around the corner. I'll get me sat nav out........ :P

This is the idea for next year to improve the racing, and what FOTA are discussing in China this very week is all about spicing the show up. If F1 is drunk at the moment, at least it is still able to realise it's acting stupidly. Crap analogy, bah I'm still a genius.

OK, I admit it'd be a first, but if she was a man I'd shag it :lol:

:roll:

Its Angelina Jolie. Don't make no difference to me. :snigger::naughty:

Anyway, @Meanioni - I don't really think its fair to describe the 70's era that way. We had some great quality drivers, and thats when F1 was really beginning to make its mark. Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda, Emo Fittipaldi, etc. (I graced the world with my arrival into it in the mid 70's also. So its not all bad!!!) ;)

That was when the men were men, and they drove their arse out of the c#ckpit after a boozy night out. When F1 was a sport, not a business. **** sponsorship, **** advertising, and **** penalties.... Get on with racing.

Anyway, @Meanioni - I don't really think its fair to describe the 70's era that way. We had some great quality drivers, and thats when F1 was really beginning to make its mark. Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda, Emo Fittipaldi, etc. (I graced the world with my arrival into it in the mid 70's also. So its not all bad!!!) ;)

That was when the men were men, and they drove their arse out of the c#ckpit after a boozy night out. When F1 was a sport, not a business. **** sponsorship, **** advertising, and **** penalties.... Get on with racing.

I completely agree - actually that was the point I was trying to make (badly) - whilst Bernie has brought F1 to a global audience with prime time coverage and sponsorship aplenty, along the way it has lost its soul, got messed up, too elitist, ridden with silly rules and spoiled by money. The modern drivers look like members of a boy band (and often drive like them). :)

Got to admit the green tyre idea is a strange one, given that the majority of watchers would know F1 wants to be greener through the Honda campaign.

I guess it's more of a hype creating thing... Like if you see the tyres you will question what it was and maybe look/read into it... I agree it looks crap and hope it's never coming back... If you want green, improve the mileage of the F1 car and then advertsie that....

Oh, Hami, first you muscle your way through the field with unneeded aggression in Monza and now you complain that people are playing rough, I bet you were the one the kids picked on in school and now you just need to let that anger out, here, have this punching bag, I even glued Alonso's face on it for you.

Really? Thats the reason?? I wonder how many carbon footprints it takes to get the green on the rubber..

Really? Thats the reason?? I wonder how many carbon footprints it takes to get the green on the rubber..

Yup. Thats what someone said in the prerace banter and the commentators also mentioned it...