Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

What Is Brawn Waiting For - Xmas?

Perhaps someone should point out to Ross that he is very likely to get Alonso to sign for his shambolic team now and this ridiculous waiting game has seriously alienated the two good drivers he already has. To quote Cav in a recent post: "So he, [Nando] is like the best drive on the grid, by far. He is awesome. So why doesn't anyone want him? Ferrari ddin't want him, Mclaren were happy to see the back of him, BMW don't want him??" I tend to concur with regard to Fernando's skill set but I think the point is, the big boys don't need him! They are happy puppies. McLaren, Ferrarri, BMW, Red Bull are all ready to rock with excellent driver line ups. Honda need him though and so do Renault. In fact, Nando and Button are all the cards there are left to shuffle. Bruno Senna? Are you kidding me? Only his name has pushed him up the ladder. I fear Ross may sign him though and let Rueben go. Jens says he hasn't discussed an 09 contract with Honda at all. Seems to me, he would care less if Honda let him go too; they seem to have broken his spirit, for my money. When answering press questions about the loss on Montreal, he said he would miss the nightlife. If that's where his head is at then he certainly needs a move. More interestingly, if Nando does goes the Honda route what does Renault do? Sure, there is Piquet and a bunch of young drivers around but where's the contender? We may even see comic scenarios such as JB heading back to the team who fired him or Barrichello getting a swan song shot at the title. To answer to my own question - Brawn is clearly waiting for Nando. Everyone accepts that but perhaps Brawn should extend the courtesy and respect that one of the great drivers of modern times truly deserves by telling Rueben Barrichello what the hell is going on!

Umm why would anyone be in a hurry to sign Barrichello? I struggle to think of a reason why they should sign Barrichello at all, surely it's worth risking a rookie, than watching his decline.

If Barrichello had some self-respect he would do like Coulthard and retire at the end of the year, save himself from the embarassment of having someone end his career for him.

Umm why would anyone be in a hurry to sign Barrichello? I struggle to think of a reason why they should sign Barrichello at all, surely it's worth risking a rookie, than watching his decline.

Er.....Barrichello may be in a rush to sign Barichello? He thinks he can still cut the mustard. How are we to judge otherwise?

I say respect to Rubens for his career and don't believe it should end this way.

Having said that, Alonso may help Honda forward.

I totally agree. It would be of great benefit to the team and Jens, if the latter stays. I think the 9th row of the grid is an utter disgrace in their own back yard however, irrespective of their problems. Something has to give - and soon!

I was going to post a long rant about your berating comments (yet again) but I won't waste my energy on any more gloryhunters.

I'm under the impression that Honda haven't even worked on developing this years car instead concentrated on next years car. So, if Honda do have a good car next season I'll look forward to reading your Pro-Honda comments next year, to which I will have the satisfaction of knowing I stuck by the team and not belittled them at every turn.

As for Rubinho, nice guys finish last. He's not a development driver, will never be. Team Honda are missing that one ingredient - and would be best off without Rubens.

Whilst I anticipate Honda having a better season next year, I'm struggling to think of a team that has gone from the position they are now in to front runners the next.

Yup, they are as of now having a stronger fight with Force India than any other team...

Whilst I anticipate Honda having a better season next year, I'm struggling to think of a team that has gone from the position they are now in to front runners the next.

I'm not saying they're going to be front-runners. I'll be happy with them scoring points and possibly a podium here or there. Its going to take more than a season to make them into winners , but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

When Honda make a decent car Jense will beat Rubens, at the moment they're the most evenly matched pair in F1. I think it's something to do with the driving styles, Button can't get the most out of a bad car because he's too smooth, and Rubens is aggressive but not as good as he used to be, so the two end up at roughly the same kinda pace.

I think Honda should drop Barri after this season, he's a good guy, but it's time to go.

Without any knowledge on how are the teams inside feelings/perspectives, I will just speak from what is obvious to us all:

1) Renault started with a car that was pure crap. At least one second off pace. They are finishing up there and right now they could be considered serious contenders with BMW for the "best of the rest" award for the second half of the season. They worked hard to turn around a disastrous situation in the context of an always shrinking budget and commitment (the Renault way of facing F1...and the one who tends to scare drivers away)

2) Honda, despite having thrown millions and millions every year, have never delievered except for some flashes here and there. Yes, now they finally have a good team, but they should have shown at least some signs of improvements for the last races of the season (a al Renault) yet, somehow, they keep disappointing.

I hope Barrichello could stay as long as he wants. He is still a great driver. Maybe not a living legend, but much better than the average. The guy is still more than deserving of a Honduh seat.

If Nando should go to Honduh (not now, please! Renault is finally showing some signs of improvement!) it would certainly be a great challenge, and the chance to enter the driver's Valhalla. But is too much of a long shot. I would stay at Renault.

Without any knowledge on how are the teams inside feelings/perspectives, I will just speak from what is obvious to us all:

1) Renault started with a car that was pure crap. At least one second off pace. They are finishing up there and right now they could be considered serious contenders with BMW for the "best of the rest" award for the second half of the season. They worked hard to turn around a disastrous situation in the context of an always shrinking budget and commitment (the Renault way of facing F1...and the one who tends to scare drivers away)

2) Honda, despite having thrown millions and millions every year, have never delievered except for some flashes here and there. Yes, now they finally have a good team, but they should have shown at least some signs of improvements for the last races of the season (a al Renault) yet, somehow, they keep disappointing.

I hope Barrichello could stay as long as he wants. He is still a great driver. Maybe not a living legend, but much better than the average. The guy is still more than deserving of a Honduh seat.

If Nando should go to Honduh (not now, please! Renault is finally showing some signs of improvement!) it would certainly be a great challenge, and the chance to enter the driver's Valhalla. But is too much of a long shot. I would stay at Renault.

Yes - Renault are the best choice. They are the only team in recent years (the last 10 say) who have shown they can keep up with Mclaren and Ferrari in terms of development over a season, which is what we are seeing now. Not even BMW have shown they can do this yet, and Honda certainly haven't.

Yes - Renault are the best choice. They are the only team in recent years (the last 10 say) who have shown they can keep up with Mclaren and Ferrari in terms of development over a season, which is what we are seeing now. Not even BMW have shown they can do this yet, and Honda certainly haven't.

I agree :D

I was going to post a long rant about your berating comments (yet again) but I won't waste my energy on any more gloryhunters.

I'm under the impression that Honda haven't even worked on developing this years car instead concentrated on next years car. So, if Honda do have a good car next season I'll look forward to reading your Pro-Honda comments next year, to which I will have the satisfaction of knowing I stuck by the team and not belittled them at every turn.

As for Rubinho, nice guys finish last. He's not a development driver, will never be. Team Honda are missing that one ingredient - and would be best off without Rubens.

Rant whenever you may wish. I am a true blue Honda supporter whether I criticise them or not. Even with their huge resources targeted solely on 09 development, I seriously feel they could have made a better fist of it this year. In 2004, JB had 10 podiums and came third in the WDC. The following year he was ninth with four retirements, one from pole and visited the podium twice. In 2006, he manges sixth with a pole, a win and two podiums. The 2007 car is undrivable and is still being raced in 2008. In all that time, Jens has carried the team's shortcomings and the heavy burden of failure like the bloke he is - solid. It must be soul destroying. He cannot keep that up. No one could. I get p**sed off at Honda because of the way they treat their drivers. It leaves a lot to be desired. There will be no spectacular quantum leap in 2009 but we need a Nando to put the fire back in Jens and points on the board. Brawn needs to bridge the culture gap between two distinctly different workforces in the same way Howett seems to have done at Toyota this year. Therein lies Honda's biggest problem, methinks.