Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Bourdais 25 S. Penalty

I love Macca's comments that Massa ruined LH's WDC with his move. Actually he only ruined his own race. Had he held behind Lewis, he could have at least fought for a podium, for Lewis would have to pit anyways, his tires destroyed from his own lack of skill.

This was a perfect racing incident. It was unlucky and Massa could not really do anything to get back on line after braking to late I don't think he was going for a overtake. Completely different to pushing someone off the track like Lewis does.

It was racing incident, one that deserved and got a penalty, so it's okay I guess. What Lewis does is different, he squeezes a driver to the outside when he's making a pass, it's cheeky but it's a grey area if he doesn't hit them. What Massa did was drive into someone who was in front and put him into a spin, at best I'd expect even the greatest Massa fan to admit it was dumb (since the Ferrari is much quicker down the straight, he should have waited).

Yes he had two wheels on the dirt but if you take a chicane like at the bus stop in spa and you have two wheels on the apex and two cutting the chicane that is considered legal. Just because it is dirt should not change this.

No, that's quite different I think. It would be okay if he put two wheels off the track and hadn't of hit Lewis, but you can't put two wheels off the track and drive into the side of someone right after they've passed you, I think most Karters know that much.

Massa should have 1) defended it better in the first place, but he didn't, or 2) waited and attacked on the straight.

Hahah, that's why he got a penalty.

By the way Murray is wrong and it's just 2 tires out ot the track (c'mon, that kerb was grass, so he couldn't go that far off and make it in time to hit Hammy I think, but I reckon that the matter with the car on the grass is the one that counts less).

Yeah for once the stewards made the correct call.

I love Macca's comments that Massa ruined LH's WDC with his move. Actually he only ruined his own race. Had he held behind Lewis, he could have at least fought for a podium, for Lewis would have to pit anyways, his tires destroyed from his own lack of skill.

Yeah I bet they did not say the same about Lewis ruining Kimi's race in Canada. Or Lewis constantly pushing people off the track.

Just seen the start again.

BLOODY HELL. Lewis went across the whole of the track after locking up. If anyone went round the outside there could of been a horrific incident.

Lewis and Massa deserve each other :lol:

I bet Alonso is laughing his arse off.

Just seen the start again.

BLOODY HELL. Lewis went across the whole of the track after locking up. If anyone went round the outside there could of been a horrific incident.

Yes, he got beat away from the line and didn't like it. He never had a hope in hell of making the corner with the line and speed he carried. It was not one of his finest moments

Which remains me, which McLaren did hit Kimi on that 1st turn?

Both.

Stewards are doing a better job than most of the penalised drivers do. Maybe that's why lately they get involved very often. We expect for a perfect job from them but I'm happy that there isn't a 'special' driver that always gets no penalty whatsoever.

Yes, he got beat away from the line and didn't like it. He never had a hope in hell of making the corner with the line and speed he carried. It was not one of his finest moments

Yes, he got beat going into the corner and didn't like it. He never had a hope in hell of making the corner with the line and speed he carried. It was not one of his finest moments.

-about Massa, turn 10 Fuji :P:D . Seriously they both deserve each other, I think both Massa fans and Lewis fans should perhaps be quiet, like us Kimi fans, because how can you criticise anyone else when your own guy is sucking so much.

Both.

Stewards are doing a better job than most of the penalised drivers do. Maybe that's why lately they get involved very often. We expect for a perfect job from them but I'm happy that there isn't a 'special' driver that always gets no penalty whatsoever.

The stewards are't doing much of a job at all I'm afraid, ask Bourdais. It will get to the point where drivers will be afraid of going for a move.

Yes, he got beat going into the corner and didn't like it. He never had a hope in hell of making the corner with the line and speed he carried. It was not one of his finest moments.

-about Massa, turn 10 Fuji :P:D . Seriously they both deserve each other, I think both Massa fans and Lewis fans should perhaps be quiet, like us Kimi fans, because how can you criticise anyone else when your own guy is sucking so much.

Too true. But I'm still biased against Hamilton so I'm sticking with Massa for this one. I don't even like the guy, but it's irrational XD. Yeah, sorry, for anyone wanting to see the truth, you're quite right.

Too true. But I'm still biased against Hamilton so I'm sticking with Massa for this one. I don't even like the guy, but it's irrational XD. Yeah, sorry, for anyone wanting to see the truth, you're quite right.

Yeah well it's all a game isn't it? For example I'm only backing Hamilton because it would pain me to see Kimi's team-mate beat him to a world title! But at least we can admit our bias :P:D

Yeah well it's all a game isn't it? For example I'm only backing Hamilton because it would pain me to see Kimi's team-mate beat him to a world title! But at least we can admit our bias :P:D

I'm quite torn actually, but in the heat of the moment the Hamilton bias prevails XD

EDIT: actually I guess that would have to be phrased as anti-Hamilton bias...

Bourdais penalty= unfair

Massa penalty= fair

Hami penalty= fair but we saw many moves like that over the years whith no penalties at all! And if you look close at the first corner Heikki made a more dangerous move running very wide, just behind Hami.

Alonso= Brilliant

I'm quite torn actually, but in the heat of the moment the Hamilton bias prevails XD

EDIT: actually I guess that would have to be phrased as anti-Hamilton bias...

Ahh yes, always follow your heart :lol: I'm happy to see Alonso showing them how it's done.

Bourdais penalty= unfair

Massa penalty= fair

Hami penalty= fair but we saw many moves like that over the years whith no penalties at all! And if you look close at the first corner Heikki made a more dangerous move running very wide, just behind Hami.

Alonso= Brilliant

You are quite right.

The stewards are't doing much of a job at all I'm afraid, ask Bourdais. It will get to the point where drivers will be afraid of going for a move.

Ask Kubica last year when he touched Hamilton in Fuji in the rain and he got a drive through straight away.

Last year all of them were afraid of going for a move when Hamilton was around, this season things are quite similar for all of them.

I don't like it now either, Bourdais might be innocent, they have a lot of work to do but at least it's much better when rules apply to everyone.

Bourdais penalty= unfair

Massa penalty= fair

Alonso= Brilliant

:clap3:

Just my thought!

Ask Kubica last year when he touched Hamilton in Fuji in the rain and he got a drive through straight away.

Last year all of them were afraid of going for a move when Hamilton was around, this season things are quite similar for all of them.

I don't like it now either, Bourdais might be innocent, they have a lot of work to do but at least it's much better when rules apply to everyone.

The rules have always applied to everyone. The rules have always been applied inconsistently. The rules have always been so vague that they can penalise anyone. Kubi's penalty last year: at least there was some reason given. What rule did Bourdais break again?

He had two wheels of the track and two on the apex for me that is perfectly legal.

Video for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vJPNf2fuQ

Cheers. I do disagree with your analysis however. Massa clearly had 2 wheels on the grass and two wheels on the kerb. Therefore he went completely off track. Also he made little attempt to slow down. In fact Hamilton was practically a whole car length ahead before Massa accelerated over the grass/kerb straight into him.

Cheers. I do disagree with your analysis however. Massa clearly had 2 wheels on the grass and two wheels on the kerb. Therefore he went completely off track. Also he made little attempt to slow down. In fact Hamilton was practically a whole car length ahead before Massa accelerated over the grass/kerb straight into him.

Yep.

He upset a Ferrari :D

Sounds about right!

The rules have always applied to everyone. The rules have always been applied inconsistently. The rules have always been so vague that they can penalise anyone. Kubi's penalty last year: at least there was some reason given. What rule did Bourdais break again?

Not true. Last year the rules didn't apply to Hamilton.

About Bourdais I don't know what to say. I need their telemetry, onboard footage, state of the track at that corner...

Oh, and a big jar of coffe and a box of cigarrettes. :D

He upset a Ferrari :D

Maybe like Kubica upset Hamilton last year? :rolleyes:

Not true. Last year the rules didn't apply to Hamilton.

That's such a dumb thing to say, people always say things like this, usually it's about Ferrari favouritism, and usually that's total bollocks too!

Please explain though I can't remember all of the penalties from last year which helped Hammy, all I remember is the crane incident.

I don't feel like browsing the rules agains, but I seem to recall that the kerbs are actually considered part of the track. Somebody?

I don't feel like browsing the rules agains, but I seem to recall that the kerbs are actually considered part of the track. Somebody?

They are part of the track for me, isn't that enough? XD

EDIT: Nah, I looked for it but can't find it.

You should take your Hamilton tinted glasses off. FM Straddled the chicane and ran out of room as the unsuspecting Hamilton left no room, and they touched, end of story.

As I mentioned in this race the stewards should have left their whistle in the pocket. I saw some bold dumb driving with little chance of success, from both Hamilton and Massa but am objective enough to call it straight. Was any of this so bad that the stewards had to make the calls, or are they just inserting themselves needlessly in the championship run again.

Massa sent a message to Hamilton. Game on