Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sliderule

Is There A Bmw F1.08 B?

Has Hinwil rolled out a B spec or a revised chassis after the debut of the BMW Sauber F1.08 in Australia?

Thanks for any info.

No, not officially. They simply "improved on the original and explored the car's potential."

I believe there is if you consider what Kubica said in the press conference,

"Yeah, I think this is much better than the Canada win with a car I think it is not a secret anymore,

not the one from the beginning of the season."

Has Hinwil rolled out a B spec or a revised chassis after the debut of the BMW Sauber F1.08 in Australia?

Thanks for any info.

No F1-08-B

The same car just developed here and there through the season.

no, there is no F1.08b

B variants hardly ever show up at the top teams because they develop continuously throughout the season. B variants usually mean some major part of the car has been changed or replaced but the chassis has not so it is neither and original car nor is it the next car in line so teams will throw a letter at the end.

FI did it with this years car when they introduced the seamless shift transmission. But really with the way modern top teams develop you could add a letter behind the car designation ever time there is a European race so really we are already on the F1.08K or something

no, there is no F1.08b

B variants hardly ever show up at the top teams because they develop continuously throughout the season. B variants usually mean some major part of the car has been changed or replaced but the chassis has not so it is neither and original car nor is it the next car in line so teams will throw a letter at the end.

FI did it with this years car when they introduced the seamless shift transmission. But really with the way modern top teams develop you could add a letter behind the car designation ever time there is a European race so really we are already on the F1.08K or something

Yup, all the cars are quite different to what was in Australia...regardless of names.

I believe there is if you consider what Kubica said in the press conference,

"Yeah, I think this is much better than the Canada win with a car I think it is not a secret anymore,

not the one from the beginning of the season."

You are missing the context - he meant that BMW is no longer as quick (comparing to Ferrari, McLaren, and renault) as it was at the beginning of the season. He complained recently that BMW did not invest in development of this particular car as heavily as others did in theirs.

Agreed.

I gather he was also unhappy that BMW choose to help Heidfeld with his quali problems rather than back him for the title.

Yup, can't blame him. This year may be one of the best in F1 history for an 'outsider' team to win, considering the mistakes made.