Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli

I've Decided Alonso Is Awesome

Alonso seeks to help topple Hamilton

Fernando Alonso has said he will do what he can to help Ferrari's Felipe Massa beat Lewis Hamilton to the Formula One title after winning the last two grands prix for Renault.

"Yes, without doubt. If I can help, I will help Massa," the double world champion told Spanish newspapers after Sunday's victory in Japan.

Alonso, whose win at Fuji came two weeks after his surprise triumph in Singapore, fell out with championship leader Hamilton in an ill-fated 2007 season alongside the Briton at McLaren.

The Spaniard, who has been persistently linked to an eventual move to Ferrari, could become a factor in this year's title showdown if he continues to challenge for the podium in the remaining two races.

In the same news conference at Fuji, his enduring hostility towards McLaren and Hamilton was evident when the top three drivers were asked whether it was right for the Briton to have been handed a drive-through penalty for his start.

"I agree," Alonso said immediately, while Kubica and Raikkonen both said they did not have a clear enough picture to comment.

"I don't know what he did," the race winner said later. "But it's good he's punished anyway."

Reuters

What a legend. And they say there are no characters left in F1.........

Indeedy!

Shame the level of intelligence out of the car is so different to in the car. I think I know what I'm saying. :P

Why can't they just put the drivers in the car at the start, then put them back in their crate 'till the next race - then have stand-ins for interviews that aren't complete fcuk wits. :lol:

Ah yes, but of course the man that toppled Schumacher then stood up against the evil scum that is Spewis Smugton is a legend.

You can't blame him either, was it not for the FIA, Mclaren and Spewi's antic's in 2007 the Spaniard would have won the championship.

Yeah that is pure legendary right there!!! Like Senna vs Prost of the old days...

"I don't know what he did," the race winner said later. "But it's good he's punished anyway."

I read on another site that this bit was deliberately mistranslated... nothing new, really.

:lol: Good to see it's not only the Lewisterics that are still bitter...

You wish.

The Alonsomaniacs are not insulting (yet). When they do, you will be able to tell by the loud sound of my laughter.

:lol: Well, I think they did that already actually, in a Barcelona test pre-session, for example. Bygones and all that though.

Oh Alonso does like to whip up a storm :P

One of the reasons why i love him. What a legend. Hope he has a World Championship contending car next season. Having Massa Raikonnen Hamilton Kubica and Alonso fighting it out for the Drivers championship will probably be too much for me :)

Hamilton deserves all the criticism and abuse hes getting at the moment. He's driving like an idiot and being an arrogant prick. Its a shame hes British cos now I have to support him.... <_<

Ahhh I read it on PlanetF1 yesterday, I was wondering how long it would take to show somewhere in here.

You know, it is fun because on PlanetF1, for example, it was an article on how Lewis and Massa needed a shrink because of their c#ck ups. Then they added that the really sick person was Alonso and quoted this article.

Well, I decided to go to the source so I looked up the article on the As website. And yes, he says that he thinks Hamilton was wrong even if he didn't watch it. And yes, he said he would help Massa if he can.

But there was just one extra word at the end of those comments that, strangely enough, was not translated even ONCE on all the sites.

That little word was "(laughs)". Go ahead, look it up. In Spanish it's "(risas)". It's there. The guy was joking (which is pretty obvious).

On the other hand, I agree with Oli. There are some characters left on F1. Lewis most noticeably. They are just buried under layers of stupid corporate PR and biased misquotings but they are there :lol:

Planet F1 = Tabloid nonsense.

Yup, that's why it is so much fun reading it :)

Too bad they don't make those Schumi diaries anymore. Those were really hilarious.

PF1 complete knobs, mistranslated the article. Alonso was laughting when saying that, as in he was joking, but pitty the fool that goes against Hambone in the british press

Yeah that is pure legendary right there!!! Like Senna vs Prost of the old days...

:lol: someone who still admits to being a Piquet fan. I thought they all drowned themselves or even worse, became NASCAR fans.

Yup, that's why it is so much fun reading it :)

And so much fun to see Alonso fans go into 'painful long explanation for his stupidity' mode, apoplectic abuse mode or 'if he said that then it was worth saying for his word is gospel' mode.

And so much fun to see Alonso fans go into 'painful long explanation for his stupidity' mode, apoplectic abuse mode or 'if he said that then it was worth saying for his word is gospel' mode.

Shut up you bitter moronic b#####d! I hope you get run down by one thousand elephants, ten thousand rhinos an a baby zebra! (laughs)

(See? It changes the meaning of the phrase!) :lol:

What kind of laugh is a risa though? Is it an evil, conniving mwahahahaa worthy of a Bond villain or the snigger of a schoolboy when the answer to a maths puzzle is 69. (Just trying to figure out if Alonso and Ron Dennis really did have a homo-erotic, love-hate relationship, or if he really just hates him.)

What kind of laugh is a risa though? Is it an evil, conniving mwahahahaa worthy of a Bond villain or the snigger of a schoolboy when the answer to a maths puzzle is 69. (Just trying to figure out if Alonso and Ron Dennis really did have a homo-erotic, love-hate relationship, or if he really just hates him.)

I think it's a cynical malevolent laugh, kind of a cross between Hitler's guffaw and d#ck Dastardly's snigger.

I think it's a cynical malevolent laugh, kind of a cross between Hitler's guffaw and d#ck Dastardly's snigger.

Wasn't it Muttley who sniggered?? :eusa_think::lol:

Hahah, actually after reading the comment about Hamilton I already imagined the missing "risas" (it was too stupid to be possible XD), and about Massa... I remember reading Alonso joking somehow about Kubica being a friend and going easy on him, now instead of Massa it would have been much classier to say he'd support Kubica: innuendo at Massa and Hamilton's continuous mess ups, showing he's not bitter (though it seems he is... xD) and showing that they're good friends.

Instead I had to read today in "The Sun" someone had left in the cafeteria that: Alonso threatens to haunt Lew! (Or something very similar... I was laughing so hard XD Plus, that's the biggest picture of Alonso I've seen in all british media so far, in the tabloid... The rest of them show Hamilton pictures even if Alonso wins xD)

Even if he laughed it is still funny. I never was an Alonso fan, I always said he was a good driver but his constant whining got on my nerves. But his stint at Renault this year seems to have cleared that but. I am kinda taking to him. And remember, there is some truth behind ever joke. I said it after Monza, Hamilton needs to watch him back, hes only creating enemies on the grid right now