Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Ferrari To Set Up Young Drivers Scheme

Ferrari to set up young driver scheme

By Charles Bradley and Steven English Thursday, October 16th 2008, 11:28 GMT

1219658813.jpgFerrari are in the process of setting up a young driver development programme to find and bring on talent for the future.

Rival manufacturers including Mercedes, Renault, Toyota and Honda have long brought drivers through the junior ranks on similar schemes, and of the drivers currently on the fringes of Formula One, GP2 race winners Lucas di Grassi, Romain Grosjean, Kamui Kobayashi and Luca Filippi are all contracted to F1 manufacturers already.

Ferrari F1 team boss Stefano Domenicali has revealed that they now want to introduce a similar scheme.

"Our plan is to have a young driver programme connected to F1 in the future," he told Italian magazine SportAutoMoto.

"In these times of cost-cutting, it's not easy to start a new programme, but we need good drivers for the future. Nothing is defined yet, but you will know details soon."

Source

I'm just posting this because I'm bored.

I just read it. Now I'm bored :P

Don't seem to recollect them doing much for young drivers before.........

:D Then my plan worked...

Yeah, it's hard to find anything interesting to say about that article :P

Source

I'm just posting this because I'm bored.

That scheme is pure ageism! Discriminating against older drivers - isn't there an EU law about that??? :D They should have an old drivers scheme too, think I'll apply!

(OK its the best I could do try to make it interesting) :)

(I know, I failed)

:D Then my plan worked...

Yeah, it's hard to find anything interesting to say about that article :P

I am replying because I am bored.

I am replying because I am bored.
I seconded, coz i'm bored and lazy. :P

:lol:

I liked these replies best, you both win a mystery prize.

If Ferrari were intelligent, they would'nt have forgotten about Ferrari Challenge! Some decent drivers from the past & present e.g. Bruno Senna!

If Bruno Senna ever drives a Ferrari F1 car, I'll only make posts about Batracer and how everyone should join.
He's already joining STR & I doubt Bruno will ever join Ferrari unless he does aswell as Vettel has done for STR & if they keep the Ferrari engine, I'm sure Bruno will put in good results!

Is Senna confirmed at STR or is that just a rumor? I don't think he'll beat Bourdais, if that's his teammate. If Buemi is his teammate, I don't think he'll beat him either.

I don't quite know why they would bother in all honesty. The are lucky enough to have the money and the Ferrari mystic to lure almost any driver at anytime to Maranello.

Oh and to keep with the tradition of this thread - I'm bored :lol:

Is Senna confirmed at STR or is that just a rumor? I don't think he'll beat Bourdais, if that's his teammate. If Buemi is his teammate, I don't think he'll beat him either.

I think it's just a rumor.. I could be wrong though...

I don't quite know why they would bother in all honesty. The are lucky enough to have the money and the Ferrari mystic to lure almost any driver at anytime to Maranello.

Oh and to keep with the tradition of this thread - I'm bored :lol:

But obviously not that lazy... :P

If Senna goes to STR, or any other team, it certainly would be a blow to Williams, as I believe BR Petrobras/Lubrax would go where Bruno goes, and Williams certainly could use some more money.

Apparently, he's got a test for Honda next week I think.

Test driving role for now would be alright for him. He needs to earn the right to be a full fledged driver, not just benefit cause his uncle was a bit of a good driver, y'know.

Anyway this idea that Stefano Dominoes has had. I think other teams have the same don't they?

Apparently, he's got a test for Honda next week I think.

Test driving role for now would be alright for him. He needs to earn the right to be a full fledged driver, not just benefit cause his uncle was a bit of a good driver, y'know.

Anyway this idea that Stefano Dominoes has had. I think other teams have the same don't they?

Yeah, I think that's where he got the idea from, but it is very boring news, and this is a very boring thread, and this is a very boring post. Man this is boring.

If Senna goes to STR, or any other team, it certainly would be a blow to Williams, as I believe BR Petrobras/Lubrax would go where Bruno goes, and Williams certainly could use some more money.
Not a hope in hell is Bruno going to Williams! Think about his uncles accident @ the 1994 San Marino grand prix & you'll see that it was a Williams Mr.Senna drove into the Tamburello wall @ 150mph maybe more!

Not a hope in hell is Bruno going to Williams! Think about his uncles accident @ the 1994 San Marino grand prix & you'll see that it was a Williams Mr.Senna drove into the Tamburello wall @ 150mph maybe more!

So?

I think Mikathegreats implication is that Bruno would not drive for the team that his Uncle died driving for. I do not think that would impact on his decision for one second unless there is bitterness between the Williams team and the Senna family.

Back on topic; The fact that Lewis is doing so well is certainly giving other team reson to follow suit with their approach to young driver development. But i think the fruits of McLaren's labours are probably a unique situation. Lewis was a particuarly strong seedling. The McLaren fertilizer was not the reason.

Over-long development programmes stunt growth and increase the chances of complaceny. Take a punt and throw them in at the deep end.