Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Ferrari To Set Up Young Drivers Scheme

I think Mikathegreats implication is that Bruno would not drive for the team that his Uncle died driving for. I do not think that would impact on his decision for one second unless there is bitterness between the Williams team and the Senna family.

Back on topic; The fact that Lewis is doing so well is certainly giving other team reson to follow suit with their approach to young driver development. But i think the fruits of McLaren's labours are probably a unique situation. Lewis was a particuarly strong seedling. The McLaren fertilizer was not the reason.

Over-long development programmes stunt growth and increase the chances of complaceny. Take a punt and throw them in at the deep end.

He's a unique talent, for sure.

I'm pretty sure there is no problem between the two, especially as Williams carry the Senna foundation logos as run by his sister.

If anything, I think he'd jump at the chance to go there.

Yeah that's true, every Williams car carries his name somewhere on it.

So?
It's an omen! Maybe Bruno might also have a fatal crash in a Williams! That's why Manchester City FC retired the #20 shirt after Cameroonian Marc-Vivien Fo

Not a hope in hell is Bruno going to Williams! Think about his uncles accident @ the 1994 San Marino grand prix & you'll see that it was a Williams Mr.Senna drove into the Tamburello wall @ 150mph maybe more!

Danny - I like you, I usually agree with you - but where did this come from? If he gets an offer from Williams, I'm sure he would take it.

I have no love whatsoever for Williams - but it wasn't Williams' fault that Ayrton died.

Danny, I wasn't implying Bruno was going to Williams. I was saying he would take BR Petrobras, one of Williams' major sponsors, from the team to whichever team he'll be racing at, which would leave Williams with more problems than they already have. There were some rumors a while ago about him going to the team, but there's no room for him, and he certainly hasn't proven himself enough.

But I don't see how his uncle's passing has anything to do with which teams Bruno will drive for...

I'm pretty sure there is no problem between the two, especially as Williams carry the Senna foundation logos as run by his sister.

If anything, I think he'd jump at the chance to go there.

Ahh didn't know that, his sister was involved in the foundation. But i agree he will jump to go there...

It's an omen! Maybe Bruno might also have a fatal crash in a Williams! That's why Manchester City FC retired the #20 shirt after Cameroonian Marc-Vivien Fo

If you don't take risks, you don't get the percived best rewards.

Then stop being so conservative and root for Renault, get a Mac, and use Firefox. Your boring preferences won't get you the best rewards ;)

Then stop being so conservative and root for Renault, get a Mac, and use Firefox. Your boring preferences won't get you the best rewards ;)

Since those are so relatively safe, i prefer to take my risks with Microsoft and IE 8 :P

Danny - I like you, I usually agree with you - but where did this come from? If he gets an offer from Williams, I'm sure he would take it.

I have no love whatsoever for Williams - but it wasn't Williams' fault that Ayrton died.

Someone agrees with me on my opinions :blink::blink::blink: ???

They're all the same anyway.

I think KERS will be a great asset for the sport, to be honest, but ALMS/LMS are also adopting it, so it's not exactly going to make F1 any more relevant to road car technology than it already is. I really have to wonder why they dump hundreds of millions of dollars into the sport just so that BMW or Ferrari or Mercedes can get a racing image. There has to be an easier way.

EDIT: Correct thread.

I think KERS will be a great asset for the sport, to be honest, but ALMS/LMS are also adopting it, so it's not exactly going to make F1 any more relevant to road car technology than it already is. I really have to wonder why they dump hundreds of millions of dollars into the sport just so that BMW or Ferrari or Mercedes can get a racing image. There has to be an easier way.

KERS is being very hard to develop for the F1 manufacters... I think it's the correct direction for F1, KERS can be a very efficient way of saying energy in all applications. It starts with cars and can easily move on to Aircrafts, Planes and that alone can save tons of fuel from burning down..

KERS is being very hard to develop for the F1 manufacters... I think it's the correct direction for F1, KERS can be a very efficient way of saying energy in all applications. It starts with cars and can easily move on to Aircrafts, Planes and that alone can save tons of fuel from burning down..

I agree with you that religion should be kept out of public schools, but does global warming really exist?

(KERS is cool, but my point was that ALMS and LMS use it, too, so it's not much of an F1 innovation when Peugeot and Zytek have been working on it for just as long, if not longer. But it is the right-ish direction to go in).

EDIT: Still the right thread.

I agree with you that religion should be kept out of public schools, but does global warming really exist?

(KERS is cool, but my point was that ALMS and LMS use it, too, so it's not much of an F1 innovation when Peugeot and Zytek have been working on it for just as long, if not longer. But it is the right-ish direction to go in).

It's all the same anyway.

Your right they may be using it. But F1 will obviously be making a smaller version of it, giving more applications to the use of it. Though they could i guess use Peugeot and Zytek's help to develop it but still better than researching to add more winglets to car...

Yeah I agree with that. It'd be nice to see some research on whether F1 is worth it. Especially for teams like Toyota/Honda that spend plenty but achieve comparatively little. Also it'll be fun to compare KERS technology in the different series.

Yeah I agree with that. It'd be nice to see some research on whether F1 is worth it. Especially for teams like Toyota/Honda that spend plenty but achieve comparatively little. Also it'll be fun to compare KERS technology in the different series.

I think in F1 it could have the potential to do absolutely nothing, because it will use KERS as a boost. It could increase some overtaking if it works like P2P, but I imagine that because there is no limit (it'll be about 16.2 seconds per lap), everyone will use it in the same areas of the track, as it would be stupid to get on the juice in a hairpin.

In the endurance races of LMS, it might help with fuel mileage, as they will use it as a hybrid, not as a boost, and less pit stops could be the difference for Peugeot finally conquering Audi at Le Mans.

I think in F1 it could have the potential to do absolutely nothing, because it will use KERS as a boost. It could increase some overtaking if it works like P2P, but I imagine that because there is no limit (it'll be about 16.2 seconds per lap), everyone will use it in the same areas of the track, as it would be stupid to get on the juice in a hairpin.

In the endurance races of LMS, it might help with fuel mileage, as they will use it as a hybrid, not as a boost, and less pit stops could be the difference for Peugeot finally conquering Audi at Le Mans.

That is true. Thus when someone sad you could use it once on track i thought it was a bad idea. However if the use is restricted to 3-5 times a race, it would allow some good overtakings...

Yeah I haven't really read anything about it. If they designed it so you could save the energy up for a few laps and get a bigger boost that way then there'd be an element of surprise that the guy behind could use, as Ankit already said.

Yeah I haven't really read anything about it. If they designed it so you could save the energy up for a few laps and get a bigger boost that way then there'd be an element of surprise that the guy behind could use.

Yeah it then adds that artifical excitement to the race...

That is true. Thus when someone sad you could use it once on track i thought it was a bad idea. However if the use is restricted to 3-5 times a race, it would allow some good overtakings...

But then it becomes a gimmick like the SC and we all go to Hell ;)

Bah KERS won't do bollock all for the racing, some people will use it better than others like with everything else, and then it just balances out again. Aside from that, it's expensive and not at all green, which kinda goes against the current direction of F1.

Yeah it then adds that artifical excitement to the race...

A win is a win, no matter how you win. Excitement is excitement, no matter how it's made.

Unless it's NASCAR guaranteeing there will be a caution with 3 laps to go every race.