Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice

Fia Announces Standard Engine Tender

The expected random delusions from cavallino...

Of his own creation. Alonso was the problem. Like a tumour. ;)

You claim against all evidence. No surprises here.

He seems perfectly happy, not angry (just like I am happy :D and you are angry :angry: ). That blows all your theories about life the universe and everything out of the water doesn't it :D

Considering Kova's season, Kova must be just as happy... as you are. Fake from A to Z.

I remember Ron apologising to Hamilton for the team screwing up his strategy in Germany..

The joke is that this is all you can come up with considering the sht storm the driver in the cursed seat has to endure.

But then, again, what you are saying here is in perfect conctradiction with what you've said in other occasions so, little surprise at your desperation.

You claim against all evidence. No surprises here.

Evidence? We have signed confessions that Alonso and his spanish buddy were dirty scummy spies :D

Considering Kova's season, Kova must be just as happy... as you are. Fake from A to Z.

:lol: He does that whole fake happy thing rather well :)

I hope you won't do anything bad to yourself when Lewis becomes world champion and Alonso becomes world number 7 or wherever he is i nthe championship. Hide the sharp instruments away, will ya :) For me :)

The whole purpose of Formula One is to design, manufacture, test, and race your own car, which contains an engine. Without building your own engine, you take away half of the fun of Formula One.

Innovation is what F1 needs, not this techno-reducing bulls##t.

Well said that man, indeed, seems like the manufacturere are now saying as much. Source: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/10/23/...andard-engines/

The Toyota Formula One team will say goodbye to Formula 1 if the FIA will introduce standard engines in Formula 1 according to Toyota F1 team boss John Howett. Apart from Toyota BMW, Honda, Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault also have said they are against the FIA's plans to introduce a standard engine in the sport.

Speaking to German reporters John Howett was clear when he said: "If the FIA will introduce a standard engine that will be plenty of reason for Toyota to exit Formula One."

How anyone believes there is a sound marketing reason (and what other would there be) for manufacturers to be involved in F1 if they don't have bragging rights for their engineering is beyond comprehension to me.

I hope you won't do anything bad to yourself when Lewis becomes world champion and Alonso becomes world number 7 or wherever he is i nthe championship. Hide the sharp instruments away, will ya :) For me :)

As always, this whole thing speaks only of your own personal tragedy. What did you do to yourself when Alonso won his first WC becoming also the youngest ever? And what did you do to yourself when Alonso won a second one in a row? Your self-inflected wounds have been festering for years and it is easy to see how they've contributed to your many, many psychological problems.

One would say that Hamilton better win... for your sake.

The best way F1 could survive would simply let top team choose their own bitches. Example...Mclaren-Force India, BMW some team, who knows, Toyota-Williams etc etc.....Thats the way I see F1 survive. If they take away the fun in F1 then I can only see teams pull out of the sport, not the other way around.

Picture this, you are taking a look at a new Ferrari on which it is written 2010 worldchampion, you are going to tell the sales man that 'Pah! F 2010 was powered by a Reno engine, you would rather buy a Megane!'

$10 says that they go to a different form of motorsport, hopefully they can revive IndyCar racing since they'll be more allowing with turbos and all.

The thing is, if we had a spec series we'd only need one manufacturer. We could easily afford to pay the full cost of their work, and they'd also get the prestige of making the F1 car. It's not like they're doing us a favour by entering F1.

The thing is, if we had a spec series we'd only need one manufacturer. We could easily afford to pay the full cost of their work, and they'd also get the prestige of making the F1 car. It's not like they're doing us a favour by entering F1.

That means, it is better to have individual Formula One of each Manufacturer! :P We should have Formula Mercedes, Formula Ferrari,Forumla BMW etc etc...The winners of each Formula get to drive F1 cars powered by cooking oil for the season Finale! :P

Except F1 wouldn't have any prestige.

A techno-retarded sub-mediocre series with no innovation due to no motivation and desire to restrict costs is the only thing witch would describe it.

Prestige comes from beating the very best.

Here we go. Toyota won't play single-engine game.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...023101059.shtml

It is all part of the same political posturing, but still...

I struggle, I seriously struggle to see how losing Toyota will be so damaging to the sport.

The other strange thing is I have seen noone complain about STR using customer cars this year. Surely, if you can live with 4 identical cars, you can live with 20? When a spec car won a race this year, everyone was too busy celebrating Fettel kid's emergence. BEsides, with the engine freeze, it really isn't all that different from having spec engines. Technical innovation in F1 is dead, and it hasn't made any bloody difference. Even DOF, while fuming and with smoke pouring out of his ears sits and diligently watches every race.

How anyone believes there is a sound marketing reason (and what other would there be) for manufacturers to be involved in F1 if they don't have bragging rights for their engineering is beyond comprehension to me.

BECAUSE THEN JOE THE PLUMBER COULD FIELD AN F1 TEAM!!!!!

I agree. It's stupid. F1 is supposed to be a game for auto manufactures, not feel-good stories. It's not a very "human" sport, and since so many other sports are, that's kind of a good thing. F1 should be cut-throat competition, not "I is a reckonin' if I sell this here prized cow of mine I might be able to do myself another year in this here F1."

$10 says that they go to a different form of motorsport, hopefully they can revive IndyCar racing since they'll be more allowing with turbos and all.

:lol: You're a riot. Let's say it together: (A)LMS. I'd love to see IndyCar racing succeed as much as you, but face it: a spec Dallara chassis with very strict engine guidelines isn't going to make any auto manufacture excited. So what if they'll run 4-cylinder turbos in 2011? The cars will still be fairly spec. Indy would benefit more from more Champ Car influnece (car and schedule wise) and less from F1, I think. I like the idea of the IRL being the cheap alternative open wheel series with a few chassis and engine suppliers as opposed to being the pinnacle of motor racing innovation, even if that's what the Indy 500 was for so long.

I struggle, I seriously struggle to see how losing Toyota will be so damaging to the sport.

The other strange thing is I have seen noone complain about STR using customer cars this year. Surely, if you can live with 4 identical cars, you can live with 20? When a spec car won a race this year, everyone was too busy celebrating Fettel kid's emergence. BEsides, with the engine freeze, it really isn't all that different from having spec engines. Technical innovation in F1 is dead, and it hasn't made any bloody difference. Even DOF, while fuming and with smoke pouring out of his ears sits and diligently watches every race.

:lol: Yeah, great post.

Agreed! :D

Well considering the engine's are different they are a bit apart from each other... But i still agree STR has no business ebing there, if Ferrari or Mclaren can't have a B team...

Spec stuff is good. See how well the spec tyres have worked out, the tyres are now as important as they should be, instead of the Formula tyre that we have for a few years.

Engines make a difference of maybe a second at most, normally a few tenths.

The tyres used to be worth 3-4 seconds a lap.

Spec ECUs have suddenly shown us how much the driving standards have declined thanks to the robot cars. Hopefully, from next year we will again see an improvement in driving standards.

All teams have seamless gearboxes now that work basically the same.

The technical innovation we see these days is millions spend on CFD to come up with a stupid looking nose or winglet. How bloody exciting.

Having regulations that are choking the sport is good reason, for the goofs, to add some more... brilliant logic. As expected.

Aha but it's not choking the sport. All the 'true fans' on this site have been raving about the fact that we have different winners this year. For example, the Alonso fans have been cheering his fluke wins. What they don't realize is that the reason that has come about is because of the control tyre, customer cars, the engine freeze and the standard ECU. The standard ECU has meant that the top drivers have screwed up often, leading to unpredictable results. Control tyres has meant that there is no outlandish tyre based advantage for any team. The customer cars have meant that a Minardi has won a race. The engine freeze (and standard ECU)has meant that Alonso could capitalize on the errors of the leading drivers and that his cheap Renault could be competitive enough to win. It has meant that Mclaren, with a 100 million dollar fine could still challenge for the championship. There is virtually no doubt that this year would ahve been Ferrari dominated had they been able to bring their big budget into play. As it has turned out, the main thing they can throw money at is aero, and Ferrari have never been the top aero team on the grid, they don't have the best facilities.

So anyone who did not want a Ferrari dominated year has Mosley to thank for all the spec-ish regulations. The control tyres to thank for the fact that we won't have another 2002.

PS: How do I make firefox stop suggesting American bloody spellings. IT IS SPELT TYRE AND I WILL SPELL IT TYRE PUT AS MANY F$%KING RED LINES UNDER IT AS YOU WANT.

:lol: You're a riot. Let's say it together: (A)LMS. I'd love to see IndyCar racing succeed as much as you, but face it: a spec Dallara chassis with very strict engine guidelines isn't going to make any auto manufacture excited. So what if they'll run 4-cylinder turbos in 2011? The cars will still be fairly spec. Indy would benefit more from more Champ Car influnece (car and schedule wise) and less from F1, I think. I like the idea of the IRL being the cheap alternative open wheel series with a few chassis and engine suppliers as opposed to being the pinnacle of motor racing innovation, even if that's what the Indy 500 was for so long.

I like ALMS a bit, but the only reason that IndyCar racing is where it is with regards to the chassis is because of the split. Once time passes, it'll get back to where it should be, but the situation has to be solved right now so that the future can be brighter.

Aha but it's not choking the sport. All the 'true fans' on this site have been raving about the fact that we have different winners this year. For example, the Alonso fans have been cheering his fluke wins. What they don't realize is that the reason that has come about is because of the control tyre, customer cars, the engine freeze and the standard ECU. The standard ECU has meant that the top drivers have screwed up often, leading to unpredictable results. Control tyres has meant that there is no outlandish tyre based advantage for any team. The customer cars have meant that a Minardi has won a race. The engine freeze (and standard ECU)has meant that Alonso could capitalize on the errors of the leading drivers and that his cheap Renault could be competitive enough to win. It has meant that Mclaren, with a 100 million dollar fine could still challenge for the championship. There is virtually no doubt that this year would ahve been Ferrari dominated had they been able to bring their big budget into play. As it has turned out, the main thing they can throw money at is aero, and Ferrari have never been the top aero team on the grid, they don't have the best facilities.

So anyone who did not want a Ferrari dominated year has Mosley to thank for all the spec-ish regulations. The control tyres to thank for the fact that we won't have another 2002.

PS: How do I make firefox stop suggesting American bloody spellings. IT IS SPELT TYRE AND I WILL SPELL IT TYRE PUT AS MANY F$%KING RED LINES UNDER IT AS YOU WANT.

Your usual self-contradicting rants.

We had different winners because of flukes (you said it) and because the quality of the comptetion has plummeted (you said it too), not because of any "spec"...

We had different winners because of flukes (you said it) and because the quality of the comptetion has plummeted (you said it too), not because of any "spec"...

I agree 100%

Agreed! :D

Good man, Abbas! It's curious how the only sensible opinions on F1 technology come from the only members with a proper science education: Cav, Raw, Abbas and my-not-at-all-humble-self. Strange, that. There are a few younger members who will soon see the error of their ways as they learn more about science but there's probably no hope for the gosh-aren't-those-tyres-big brigade.

Spot on. And you can download a British dictionary from the Firefox site. It still doesn't recognise Firefox though.

Nope. STR were genuinely competitive on certain tracks and in certain conditions. Alonso said a win for them was on the cards. Wouldn't have happened without making the cars more equal.

Nope. STR were genuinely competitive on certain tracks and in certain conditions. Alonso said a win for them was on the cards. Wouldn't have happened without making the cars more equal.

Yep, ans Alonso wouldn't have won, if the removal of electronic aids (that DOH!_NO_MORE_Renault_BMW so desperately wants to keep) hadn't made the so called 'top' drivers crash.