Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice

Fia Announces Standard Engine Tender

That why I keep saying F1 went on the downwards path with Balestre.

They took away the ground effects, the turbos, the fat slicks, the active rides, the twin chassis cars.

Same old story since M. Balestre's days...

They took away the ground effects, the turbos, the fat slicks, the active rides, the twin chassis cars.

I was too young to remember the days of Jean-Marie Balestre as leader of the FIA / FISA, but to hear the views of members here and their comparisions to Max Mosley is very interesting indeed.

Correct. The plan from the FIA is to shock the teams with a proposal that would most upset them, whilst that softens them up for negotiation in order to pass new measures to cut costs, and help independent teams. If the FIA was straight forward with the new measures that seemed to be agreed upon in Geneva, the teams would most likely not been as willing to cooperate in the way that they have.

The FIA and Max are very very smart in the way that they go about getting exactly what they want.

Yup. Right on...

Come on. They gave in to your one demand of Slicks, now you care about the size??

I was too young to remember the days of Jean-Marie Balestre as leader of the FIA / FISA, but to hear the views of members here and their comparisions to Max Mosley is very interesting indeed.

Just picture Max Mosley, only more sinister, more corrupt, more maquiavelic and subtler. ;)

Really it's the same old story as in the 80s. Balestre would conspire, threaten, suck up and beg to keep some teams to his side and destroy some others, making them fight against each other and against him. He finally got all the power...only to be stabbed in the back by Bernie and Mosley.

Bernie finally defeated Balestre by blackmailing FIA members to vote Mosley for president. Bernie and Max have actually used the system created by Balestre. And I don't think he was worse then Mosley, he was horrible, but not worse, and his biggest crime is the system/legacy he created known as the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

Before him the Formula 1 series and the World Championship series weren't the propriety of the FIA.

Just picture Max Mosley, only more sinister, more corrupt, more maquiavelic and subtler. ;)

Really it's the same old story as in the 80s. Balestre would conspire, threaten, suck up and beg to keep some teams to his side and destroy some others, making them fight against each other and against him. He finally got all the power...only to be stabbed in the back by Bernie and Mosley.

Hmm... Interesting... I need to read more about the history of F1... Any sugesstions from you or DOF??

The end of all tyrants. Live by the sword...

Meanwhile, McLaren's is spending their antepenultimate buck on more upgrades... iow, on with development up to the last race. Who in their right mind could complain about this considering what's at stake? Murray, friends, and FIA.

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/controller....p;news_id=33548

So Hamilton's on his second engine and 3rd race for Gearbox...

Ferrari does have quite a few fans, but I think you're exaggerating a fair bit there, my friend. :D

not really, over 50% of team merchandise sold each year is Ferrari gear. Now you could argue that a Ferrari fan will spend more on merchandise then a Renault or Meclaren fan but I doubt even if its true it would be enough to corner the market like that

Bernie finally defeated Balestre by blackmailing FIA members to vote Mosley for president. Bernie and Max have actually used the system created by Balestre. And I don't think he was worse then Mosley, he was horrible, but not worse, and his biggest crime is the system/legacy he created known as the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

Before him the Formula 1 series and the World Championship series weren't the propriety of the FIA.

:eusa_think: Interesting

The end of all tyrants. Live by the sword...

Meanwhile, McLaren's is spending their antepenultimate buck on more upgrades... iow, on with development up to the last race. Who in their right mind could complain about this considering what's at stake? Murray, friends, and FIA.

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/controller....p;news_id=33548

McLaren have used Mercedes DTM driver Paul di Resta to test the MP4-23 at Silverstone under the "Young Driver" testing loophole.

Martin Whitmarsh:

"As a result, we do have a number of minor aerodynamic upgrades in the pipeline that we are evaluating for inclusion on our Brazil-spec car. A

1) Lewis is yet to suffer from a McLaren breakdown in his 34 races to date.

2) Mechanical problems have plagued Heikki's McLaren in three of the last five races.

That reminds me of how Schumi didn't have a single engine failure from France '02 to that fateful day in Japan 06 while Rubins had like 5 in that time. The second driver syndrome I guess

2) Mechanical problems have plagued Heikki's McLaren in three of the last five races.

Alonso also had problems...

(EDIT) Does anyone know if Kova has already blown his top over the "equality" issue or does he keep pretending the odds away?

That reminds me of how Schumi didn't have a single engine failure from France '02 to that fateful day in Japan 06 while Rubins had like 5 in that time. The second driver syndrome I guess

Ha, yeah I was thinking the exact same thing!!

Motorsport can be awfully cruel sometimes, but in saying that Lewis did get a good dose of how nasty motorsport can be in Brazil 2007. So maybe the motorsports gods will be on his side come Interlagos 2008.

(EDIT) Does anyone know if Kova has already blown his top over the "equality" issue or does he keep pretending the odds away?

I'm not aware of Heikki commenting on his lack of reliability compared to Lewis. I think he is just happy to have a drive at McLaren in the first place!!!

Spec cars will the death of the series eventually just like IROC because the only loyal fans are the team (tifosi especially) and technology fans, the driver fanboys tend to get bored and stop watching once they're god leaves the series.

That's why the likes of A1GP and Co. won't make it, they don't have a spine, and true spine of this series are the tifosi and techno-fans, never the driver fanatics. When the spine is gone the with superficial and moody the series will crumble like a castle of cards.

Exactly - me - I'm a "techno-fan" as you put it. This is a ****ing awful idea. I'm not watching F1 for the personalities, the star hype and I don't like pop music or (most) hollywood movies for the same reason. What I'm interested in is cutting edge - music, films or race cars.

Give F1 standard engines and the next step is standard chasis, standard aerodynamics et al. After that what's left?

Utter bollocks.

I'm not aware of Heikki commenting on his lack of reliability compared to Lewis. I think he is just happy to have a drive at McLaren in the first place!!!

D'oh. I read that as "...lack of ability compared to Lewis...."

As for the FIA, plus ca change.

Both, my friend, both lack of ability _and_ reliability... the last of which is peculiar considering how much Hamilton punishes his drives.

Of his own creation. Alonso was the problem. Like a tumour. ;)

He seems perfectly happy, not angry (just like I am happy :D and you are angry :angry: ). That blows all your theories about life the universe and everything out of the water doesn't it :D

Both, my friend, both lack of ability _and_ reliability... the last of which is peculiar considering how much Hamilton punishes his drives.

I remember Ron apologising to Hamilton for the team screwing up his strategy in Germany..

The whole purpose of Formula One is to design, manufacture, test, and race your own car, which contains an engine. Without building your own engine, you take away half of the fun of Formula One.

Innovation is what F1 needs, not this techno-reducing bulls##t.

As for the FIA, plus ca change.

Funny, but also very true :lol:

I remember Ron apologising to Hamilton for the team screwing up his strategy in Germany..

How must of that made Heikki feel after his first win???

The whole purpose of Formula One is to design, manufacture, test, and race your own car, which contains an engine. Without building your own engine, you take away half of the fun of Formula One.

Innovation is what F1 needs, not this techno-reducing bulls##t.

Agreed :D

Agreed but in the current climate I don

:eusa_think: Interesting

Some interesting points:

Well hes only got to finish 5th so he can let Massa, Kimi, Kova and Alonso finish ahead of him and still be champion. So he's in a very good position considering reliablity concerns.

If he doesnt win it this year I've lost all hope in him ever winning a championship.

Kubica will take over him once BMW are front runners.

How must of that made Heikki feel after his first win???

Hamilton won not Heikki. I am just countering what Mauron said, that things never go wrong for Hammy boy.

Hamilton won not Heikki. I am just countering what Mauron said, that things never go wrong for Hammy boy.

Oh Fcuk!!! My mistake!!! :blush: