Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice

Fia Announces Standard Engine Tender

Should Ferrari be the ones providing the engine then I wouldn't worry.

Actually all of the teams (FOTA) have agreed they won't apply (source). Aside from that, don't you think it would be bloody stupid for Ferrari to make such a massive statement if they were thinking of applying?

Let's dig deeper into what makes you and me, me and you.

Lets talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be, lets talk about spec.

A Spec F1 would suck, Murray!

Lets talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be, lets talk about spec.

A Spec F1 would suck, Murray!

Yeah well, spec you Jez! :P

No seriously, a spec F1 would suck.

The point of spec series is maximum cost savings per quantity not quality, nor innovation.

Let's see how long F1 can last on lewisterics once the true loyalists are gone.

A New York minute.

By the way, I assume this piece of news will surprise you as little as it surprised me...

http://www.forumula1.net/2008/f1/f1-news/f...andard-engines/

Ferrari can do without F1 but F1 will struggle without Ferrari.

Perhaps the time for a new series is really coming around. Good news.

Though on a serious Note FIA did s##t in their pants and here's their response....

28 Oct 2008

Ferrari respond to plans to standardise engines - FIA reply

After a meeting of its board of directors in Italy on Monday, Ferrari have released the following statement:

The point of spec series is maximum cost savings per quantity not quality, nor innovation.

Saying spec racing even has a point is a bit generous, don't you think?

Well then it can finally be proven, After Schumi left, F1 started Dying... :P

:lol: I will admit I enjoyed Schumacher vs Alonso, but I'd much rather have a sport with real cars and real regs without the rivalries than one with lame rules and a rivalry. I just missed the good era, so the rivalry was the best I had, because I just can't get hyped up about Massa vs Lewis when Massa's just too "nice" to be a rival and Lewis is just...Lewis.

F1 declined when Mosley took over, and it's been pretty steady since then.

F1 declined when Mosley took over, and it's been pretty steady since then.

F1 has been on a steady decline since it became a business. That is down to the need of the corporate coffers and a trend of the greedy mixed up world we live in, not just Max.

F1 has been on a steady decline since it became a business. That is down to the need of the corporate coffers and a trend of the greedy mixed up world we live in, not just Max.

Indeed!

Double indeed!

Not greed. Stupidity.

Read on and read carefully, in particular and of interest to this situation, "the third basic law":

http://lightlounge.org/articles/other_basic_law/index.html