Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Dod

DOD  

39 members have voted

1. 1. who was it then?

• hamilton
    • massa
    • kimi
    • alonso
    • nick
    • kubi
    • glock
    • piquet
    • someone else?

This is kind of pointless I guess.

No one really stood out, but Hamilton did what he needed to and did it well. Kimi couldn't get on terms with him, no matter how hard he tried. For those who want one outstanding driver winning every race - if you get your wish then every race will be as dull as this one.

Bring on Brazil.

Yup Lewis for me. Dominant all weekend, well ahead of his team mate as well as everyone else throughout. But if we'd had Kubica and Aonso in the Ferraris things might have been far less dull. Rob Smedley's comments were fascinating after the race - most interesting thing all morning. Felipe's own race engineer wondered whether Lewis was just doing a better job. I can't help but think Massa and Smedley are too nice for their own good. Felipe was off form this weekend relative to Kimi, more so than last weekend even - I wonder if he felt the pressure a little more.

Yup Lewis for me. Dominant all weekend, well ahead of his team mate as well as everyone else throughout. But if we'd had Kubica and Aonso in the Ferraris things might have been far less dull. Rob Smedley's comments were fascinating after the race - most interesting thing all morning. Felipe's own race engineer wondered whether Lewis was just doing a better job. I can't help but think Massa and Smedley are too nice for their own good. Felipe was off form this weekend relative to Kimi, more so than last weekend even - I wonder if he felt the pressure a little more.

Agree with every word but especially the bold.

hamilton, alonso ang glock.. i hate voting hamilton...

Alonso might have finished 5th if Kovy's tyre didn't blow up (I say might because I was too bored to check the distance between the two) but I concede you that he was the one who provided overtaking, so good for him that he gets your vote. I'm trying to remember where did Glock start, to see if I can vote him. Absolutely hate to vote Hamilton :(

The best drivers were Hamilton (faultless under pressure), Kubica, Glock and DC (finished much higher than they started).

Yeah - I thought that was a most odd thing to say, even if he is right, or was at least right today.

Yeah Massa and Smedley seem like sound blokes, as the latter would probably say, but it's not a winning attitude for a driver's race engineer to say his only rival is driving better. That's even worse than a team principal saying it because the race engineer is obviously supposed to be your ally/representative in the team, helping you interact with the rest of the team better and making your case to the other engineers.

Yeah Massa and Smedley seem like sound blokes, as the latter would probably say, but it's not a winning attitude for a driver's race engineer to say his only rival is driving better. That's even worse than a team principal saying it because the race engineer is obviously supposed to be your ally/representative in the team, helping you interact with the rest of the team better and making your case to the other engineers.

Very true. On the other hand, this is probably out of this world - but it could be reverse psychology. They're both nice guys - but they're not in it to lose it are they...

Vote Hamilton. Needed to do what he did today, kept a level head and smashed his opposition.

Very true. On the other hand, this is probably out of this world - but it could be reverse psychology. They're both nice guys - but they're not in it to lose it are they...

Vote Hamilton. Needed to do what he did today, kept a level head and smashed his opposition.

Judging by some of the races, you can't be too sure.

Nicely done Lewis! Keep it together once more and the crown is yours! :clap3:

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth."

Disraeli.

It's inconceivable that they can win the title as such now though.

True. Highly unlikely to blow the title with a seven point lead heading into the final race in Brazil. :whistling:

Not sure how you can't vote for Lewis. He made an absolute bore out of it, as he so often does. I don't like the guy at all, but he certainly deserves this one a little more than Felipe.

Honestly, though, I couldn't care less about the points: I just want a good show in Brazil.

hamilton, alonso ang glock.. i hate voting hamilton...

Yup. Agree to the last dot

Alonso might have finished 5th if Kovy's tyre didn't blow up (I say might because I was too bored to check the distance between the two) but I concede you that he was the one who provided overtaking, so good for him that he gets your vote. I'm trying to remember where did Glock start, to see if I can vote him. Absolutely hate to vote Hamilton :(

Yup. Alonso's radio did say it would be close with Kova, as Alonso had not taken enough lead on Kova, but to his luck, Kova had a puncture and then retired, so...

Judging by some of the races, you can't be too sure.

Why? Because of one incident in Fuji??

It's inconceivable that they can win the title as such now though.

Only Lewis can lose it as barring a failure or driver error, he shouldn't finish lower than fifth.

Yeah i agree. This championship is Lewis' to lose. And unfortunatly i don't think he will...

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth."

Disraeli.

Very Nice quote Steve... Who's the author?

True. Highly unlikely to blow the title with a seven point lead heading into the final race in Brazil. :whistling:

:lol: Indeed, short memories 'round here.

Yup. Agree to the last dot

Yup. Alonso's radio did say it would be close with Kova, as Alonso had not taken enough lead on Kova, but to his luck, Kova had a puncture and then retired, so...

Why? Because of one incident in Fuji??

Yeah i agree. This championship is Lewis' to lose. And unfortunatly i don't think he will...

That ain't the only one and the same is true of Lewis, although at least he can blame inexperience. I was just kidding though, of course they want to win and will do their best to achieve it, they had a slower car today and Lewis was on great form.

:lol: Indeed, short memories 'round here.

That ain't the only one and the same is true of Lewis, although at least he can blame inexperience. I was just kidding though, of course they want to win and will do their best to achieve it, they had a slower car today and Lewis was on great form.

Name others.

Lewis i think the whole field knows is and will not play nice...

Yeah it's a good quote! Disraeli was an old British politician from the Victorian era. He had a unique and still very influential brand of moderate conservative politics.

Thanks for the smog info. They need to do something about that!

Name others.

Lewis i think the whole field knows is and will not play nice...

I am talking about the errors made by Ferrari and Massa in general, but again, I was just kidding.

Can't be bothered to name others, takes too long, you can look for yourself on Wikipedia if you want.

Yeah it's a good quote! Disraeli was an old British politician from the Victorian era. He had a unique and still very influential brand of moderate conservative politics.

Thanks for the smog info. They need to do something about that!

Ohh :lol: I thought that was Steve's way of writing "This Really" :lol:

Yeah did you know for the Olympics in Beijing they actually disallowed a certain perccentage of cars from entering the city to reduce pollution...

I am talking about the errors made by Ferrari and Massa in general, but again, I was just kidding.

Can't be bothered to name others, takes too long, you can look for yourself on Wikipedia if you want.

Your not in a very bothered mood are ya ?? :P I thought you were reffering to only Massa and that he's not a nice guy when you said that... Ferrari i can see them being a bit in the grey area, but generally Massa is more calm and committed....

[quote name='goferrarigo' post='272516' date='Oct 19 2008, 05:29 PM']Ohh :lol: I thought that was Steve's way of writing "This Really" :lol: [/quote]
:lol: Yeah it also sounds a bit like a twit saying 'the Israeli', so it was hard to tell what Steve had in mind. :whistling: