Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Ferrari Out On Their Own?

Good for the Scuderia - bollocks to Bernie and Max. F1 has always been about innovation in competition. Ferrari have always been there, even through the turbo years when they weren't competitive. So, they crank away, the turbos go and the men from Marenello come up with arguably, the best, most reliable normally-aspirated lump on the block. Ferrari own the kudos of F1 - they are the embodiment of it's spirit. How dare a senile dwarf and a seriously odd scoutmaster try to rip the very heart from a sport that Ferrari have given so much credence to. In short, it wouldn't exist today without them. And, it won't if they leave. I only have one question about their announcement yesterday - did they go it alone or did they consult with their fellow members in FOTA? If they did, then all the manufacturers, at least should follow suit today. If they didn't, [which is more likely] then I suggest that all the teams back this defiant and bold move or they won't be racing in 2010. If they are, no-one will be watching - that's for sure. Of course, despite my genuine, heart-felt rantings above, I do realise this may be a devious di Montezelmola strategem to persuade the FIA to award the Scuderia the engine contract as a peace offering. Surely, they wouldn't stoop so low - would they?

Good for the Scuderia - bollocks to Bernie and Max. F1 has always been about innovation in competition. Ferrari have always been there, even through the turbo years when they weren't competitive. So, they crank away, the turbos go and the men from Marenello come up with arguably, the best, most reliable normally-aspirated lump on the block. Ferrari own the kudos of F1 - they are the embodiment of it's spirit. How dare a senile dwarf and a seriously odd scoutmaster try to rip the very heart from a sport that Ferrari have given so much credence to. In short, it wouldn't exist today without them. And, it won't if they leave. I only have one question about their announcement yesterday - did they go it alone or did they consult with their fellow members in FOTA? If they did, then all the manufacturers, at least should follow suit today. If they didn't, [which is more likely] then I suggest that all the teams back this defiant and bold move or they won't be racing in 2010. If they are, no-one will be watching - that's for sure. Of course, despite my genuine, heart-felt rantings above, I do realise this may be a devious di Montezelmola strategem to persuade the FIA to award the Scuderia the engine contract as a peace offering. Surely, they wouldn't stoop so low - would they?

I'm warming to the idea of a break-away series, maybe this is the time...

And no, I don't think Ferrari would go for the engine contract, the other manufacturers would be even more against the stock engine than if it was from an outside contractor.

Ironic because Ferrari were the first team to sign the current FIA concord agreement...

once Ferrari leaves F1.

F1 will be nothing. Ferrari is much more iconic than Formula One so once that goes all the dubai and these new track investors will follow where they go. F1 will be left with nothing but small teams once all the manufacters go.

Its like Celtic and Rangers leaving the Scottish football league.

F1 is doomed under Bernie and Max...

All the teams under FOTA have agreed (and they do seem unified on this for once) that they will not apply for the tender to supply engines.

I don't think Ferrari consulted other teams and there's no need for them to, it's a decision they can only make on their own and that's true of every team. This will hopefully be a big warning shot to Mosley and he will have to do some serious thinking to get around it (because he won't have expected this - not from Ferrari). It seems to me though that Max is actually trying to drive the manufacturers away from the sport, I'm just not sure why yet.

a single angine goes against everything Ferrari was founded on. The Old Man always prided himself on his engines. He even said that aerodynamics were for people who could not build powerful enough engines. Sure he is no longer at with us but he still holds a lot of sway at the Scuderia

What's this? Ferrari in disharmony with the F.I.A? But surely they are in each others pockets? I wonder how many people who claim bias toward Ferrari will conveniently forget this little episode? All, i suspect.

What's this? Ferrari in disharmony with the F.I.A? But surely they are in each others pockets? I wonder how many people who claim bias toward Ferrari will conveniently forget this little episode? All, i suspect.

Read teh last line of the first post. Insider still cliams this is a ploy to get the tender... <_<

Read teh last line of the first post. Insider still cliams this is a ploy to get the tender... <_<

Unlikely. Stating that it goes against the essence of the sport only to accept such a notion would be stupid in the extreme.

Unlikely. Stating that it goes against the essence of the sport only to accept such a notion would be stupid in the extreme.

Exactly. and As George has stated, FOTA have decided not to apply so...

I'd still Formula 1 without Ferrari. Although i'd also watch and perhaps prefer the breakaway series providing that it was on a good TV channel.

It's a bit like the BDO and PDC darts breakaway and both are still going strong, although they'd be better if merged, I think.

Glad that the other teams did indeed back Ferrari though.

I'd also say that Lotus left Formula 1 and it continued pretty well. We nearly lost Williams too.

I mean it would be slightly different without Ferrari and I think that the sport would take quite a big knock. F1 can say goodbye to appealing to a mainstream American audience without Ferrari though.

It's a charade. Ferrari and the FIA are joined at the HIP they being the only team that have signed up to the Concorde agreement. This smacks of the supposed feud between Bernie and Max over the recent spankgate...just a ruse.

F1 is very political, so nothing should be taken at face value for there is always an ulterior motive. All this rubbish about a single engine in a sport participated by entrants that are identified by their engines is just a smoke screen designed, as always, to deflect attention. Bernie and Max are back to their best scheming and politicking with the cash cow that is F1...They are past masters at manipulating the sport using human emotion to create a smoke screen. It is obvious that there would be uproar with such a ridiculous proposal so they thrive on it and ultimately use it to their own ends.

Rest assured this threat or the apparent spat between Ferrari and the FIA will soon dissolve with the appointment of Todt as President and an explicit claim that this is proof positive that the FIA do not favour ferrari.

Don't believe the hype.

Carry on

I didn't claim it was a ploy - I sincerely hoped it wasn't! The FIA now say Ferrari were 'misinformed' - please!

Who knows what CART stands for? Championship Auto Racing Teams.

CART was a teams union in USAC, which sanctioned top level open wheel in the US. The teams said FUSAC and started their own series.

Hmm...I wonder where I'm generally going with this.

I hope there's a split. I really do. Because I like controversy. And I think FOTA will do a better job.

Either way, if Ferrari is saying we don't want you, FIA, the FIA will listen. So I actually don't think a split is going to happen, I'd just kind of sort of maybe like to somehow see it in general, generally.

OKOK Toyota made the same announcement and no one made this much fuss , I do agree the two top guys need to be toppled , now if all the teams would stand up and be counted then maybe changes would be made , but that doesn't seem to be the case .

I say they have a rules freeze , that mite save a few bucks and or euro's turn back the clock to 2004 and let those rules ride for a few yrs , only when it comes to driver safety can a change be made but lets do a little forward thinking instead of a "knee-jerk" reaction to events that happen on the track when making rules to keep the drivers safe , if F1 is so smart why not use some intelligence when making rules .

Of course Indy car isn't F1 but its looking better and better with all the new rules they keep coming up with , heck I hope they never come back to the states if they keep Fing up the cars .

just another slant on this topic.

IF the manufacturers that are currently in F1, and they are of course Car manufacturers making their own road going engines in the majority, decide NOT to run Joe Blogs engine in a car that they design, which will be highly unlikely to supply much new ideas that can be used in a road car do you honestly believe that there would be a 20 car grid??

I sure doubt that given the lack of sponsorship available from non car manufacturer companies, apart from maybe Red Bull, so we get get 20 Red Bull cars running around - whooppie

It sounds like the FIA have made several proposals for cost cutting and want the teams to take the initiative. They aren't forthcoming so the FIA have said this is the move they would make. If that's true, there needs to be a bit more sitting around tables over the winter.

It sounds like the FIA have made several proposals for cost cutting and want the teams to take the initiative. They aren't forthcoming so the FIA have said this is the move they would make. If that's true, there needs to be a bit more sitting around tables over the winter.

Dribbler, you are of course, right. However, the FIA continue to 'self-expand' their brief by issuing these seemingly, never-ending ultimata. To quote a passage from their own mission statement: 'The FIA is responsible for the promotion of safety in worldwide motorsport, the encouragement of standardized regulations, and the promotion of motorsport in new markets, including developing countries.' Of course, it is the governing body of all motorsport on the planet and represents motoring associations and car user's interests at the UN etc. The FIA also have a declared responsibility to oversee the impact that motorsport has on the environment too but was the introduction of KERS a suggestion or an instruction? Can they really tell the teams to cut costs or they will by regulation? If some Winter brainstorming doesn't produce a compromise, I feel there will inevitably be a split and the teams will go their own way. Like all quangos, the FIA are way too far up their own butts for my liking and Max has few friends left in the paddock, if any. A little less goose-stepping arrogance and a dissapation of the ever-increasing stench of facism may go a long way to sorting the current situation out. The teams must be allowed to compete - the fastest car wins - that's it. If you can't afford the ante at the poker table, you don't play. The same rules should apply here.

Here comes Mercedes singing the same tune...

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10781/900/

Mercedes therefore joins Ferrari, Toyota, Honda and BMW in spelling out their distaste at the prospect of a third party supplying either an engine or a mandatory detailed design in 2010 and beyond.

Opps, there go the screams of the lewisterics regarding a FIA/Ferrari conspiracy.... do carry on, pretty please.

Here comes Mercedes singing the same tune...

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10781/900/

Mercedes therefore joins Ferrari, Toyota, Honda and BMW in spelling out their distaste at the prospect of a third party supplying either an engine or a mandatory detailed design in 2010 and beyond.

Opps, there go the screams of the lewisterics regarding a FIA/Ferrari conspiracy.... do carry on, pretty please.

Well, I will carry on the torch of paranoia until I can pass it to someone else. Here's my contribution:

If that line you quoted is exact, then Renault is a notorious absence in that list. Mmmmh.... :eusa_think:

once Ferrari leaves F1.

F1 will be nothing. Ferrari is much more iconic than Formula One so once that goes all the dubai and these new track investors will follow where they go. F1 will be left with nothing but small teams once all the manufacters go.

Its like Celtic and Rangers leaving the Scottish football league.

F1 is doomed under Bernie and Max...

BUT no one watches the Scottish football league anyway :P

Well, I will carry on the torch of paranoia until I can pass it to someone else. Here's my contribution:

If that line you quoted is exact, then Renault is a notorious absence in that list. Mmmmh.... :eusa_think:

You saw it too. Nicely done.

I've been thinking a while now what that might imply (considering that this is politics and posturing after all).... Care to go first?