Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Ferrari Out On Their Own?

Who knows what CART stands for? Championship Auto Racing Teams.

CART was a teams union in USAC, which sanctioned top level open wheel in the US. The teams said FUSAC and started their own series.

Hmm...I wonder where I'm generally going with this.

I hope there's a split. I really do. Because I like controversy. And I think FOTA will do a better job.

Either way, if Ferrari is saying we don't want you, FIA, the FIA will listen. So I actually don't think a split is going to happen, I'd just kind of sort of maybe like to somehow see it in general, generally.

Sorry, were you talking to me?

OKOK Toyota made the same announcement and no one made this much fuss , I do agree the two top guys need to be toppled , now if all the teams would stand up and be counted then maybe changes would be made , but that doesn't seem to be the case .

I say they have a rules freeze , that mite save a few bucks and or euro's turn back the clock to 2004 and let those rules ride for a few yrs , only when it comes to driver safety can a change be made but lets do a little forward thinking instead of a "knee-jerk" reaction to events that happen on the track when making rules to keep the drivers safe , if F1 is so smart why not use some intelligence when making rules .

Of course Indy car isn't F1 but its looking better and better with all the new rules they keep coming up with , heck I hope they never come back to the states if they keep Fing up the cars .

Because Toyota are Toyota and Ferrari are Ferrari. The red team have always been in F1, they aren't just one of the many manufacturers who come in for a decade and then disappear, and they usually don't make such announcements like this in direct combat with the governing body or F1.

The FIA has three changes they want to institute to help lower racing cost , I think that the common engine rule is a ploy so they can get the other two to pass and really aren't worried about the engine rule , they remove to common engine rule if the other two pass making it more palatable to the car builders and teams .

Its interesting actually! Similar threats were made when FIA announced new engine regulations over years. None pulled out.

Its interesting actually! Similar threats were made when FIA announced new engine regulations over years. None pulled out.

Regulation vs. Same engine. Way different.

Though if the reply is true, that if you supply the engine to a smaller team at 5 mil, then you can race your own, it may improve as more teams would be required to enter. Though all this diverts from the custermer car issues..

Good one, Boily. Maybe.

I guess that it is just Renault of the top teams) not to officially oppose it.

Red Bull must be quite powerful too, what with having two teams.

It's a charade. Ferrari and the FIA are joined at the HIP they being the only team that have signed up to the Concorde agreement. This smacks of the supposed feud between Bernie and Max over the recent spankgate...just a ruse.

F1 is very political, so nothing should be taken at face value for there is always an ulterior motive. All this rubbish about a single engine in a sport participated by entrants that are identified by their engines is just a smoke screen designed, as always, to deflect attention. Bernie and Max are back to their best scheming and politicking with the cash cow that is F1...They are past masters at manipulating the sport using human emotion to create a smoke screen. It is obvious that there would be uproar with such a ridiculous proposal so they thrive on it and ultimately use it to their own ends.

Rest assured this threat or the apparent spat between Ferrari and the FIA will soon dissolve with the appointment of Todt as President and an explicit claim that this is proof positive that the FIA do not favour ferrari.

Don't believe the hype.

Carry on

How are you man?