Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Un****ing Believable

Oh, how very sad. Doesn't it just suck that the FIA can't find a way to please 24 time zones at once? I mean, it's sooo very easy to schedule races so that it can be on a great time for everyone, even though it's one hour of the day somewhere in the world...I mean, face it, it's 1 AM somewhere...sucks that it's you but what do you want them to do? Schedule around your personal preference? They're as fair as possible by just having every race at 2 local time (not every, but most), because any other way they're biased towards somebody. And I know a whole damn bunch of us would trade to have one race on at 1 AM in the year be our biggest scheduling issue...

Hate to make such a negative post, but the truth is, if you're going to whine about the start time of the race, I suggest doing it somewhere other than a public forum because you just come off as just that, a whiner.

Anyway, now that I'm done attacking you, Adam, my advice is try to figure out a way to watch it later. I mean, if you're at work, you shouldn't be checking race results... :P

(and sorry if this post was personal attack-y, I've got nothing against you, it was more in a general sense, not so much at you. Enjoy the race, however you watch it!)

Bah Eric he wasn't whining...in fact your post about whining was more whiny than his only very slightly whiny post, or something like that.

Yeah, and George sucks!

(Sorry, all general rants should always seem as personalized against George, it's a new forum rule)

..and what a great new rule it is. To add to that rule, if I make a good reply you have to say 'I just meant generally' if not you can continue to aim your arguments at me! It's all very confusing :)

:lol:

Thank you - that's the funniest reply ever - if you can understand why, then we can both laugh.

I'm still in favour of the 'catching a serious illness' proposition myself. I found a man with shingles - is that infectious?

If worst comes to the worst, I plan to draw some chicken pox on my face with my felt tips and go and see the Head teacher tomorrow.

:lol: Yep, I can understand why.

Shingles isn't. But herpes is. And I'm sure there's nothing more fun than telling the head teacher you're having an outbreak :P

Bah Eric he wasn't whining...in fact your post about whining was more whiny than his only very slightly whiny post, or something like that.

..and what a great new rule it is. To add to that rule, if I make a good reply you have to say 'I just meant generally' if not you can continue to aim your arguments at me! It's all very confusing :)

:lol: Very true indeed. But I enjoy whining about whiners because it's nice to whine every now and again. Stop whining about me whining, by the way. Those are the worst whiners and I really need to whine about them, so stop whining about me so I don't have to whine about you :P

Generally speaking, of course. Which means I'm allowed to say you ate at KFC 13 times in the last hour before running out of money despite buying from the $0.99 extra lard menu. Poor George.

The trouble with being genuinely ill on raceday is that you don't actually enjoy the race, or atleast as much as you should.

Besides missing work causes all sorts of problems.

Just set your class a wordsearch and watch the race live on ITV. com via your laptop(if you have one handy)

The trouble with being genuinely ill on raceday is that you don't actually enjoy the race, or atleast as much as you should.

Just set your class a wordsearch and watch the race live on ITV. com via your laptop(if you have one handy)

That would be something only a cheating, irresponsible S.O.B. probably called George with an imbecile nickname like, say, Rainmaster would do.

Of course, I am only generally speaking. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular.

You need to be in King George's Royal Britainland to watch on ITV.com. And he's not.

Generally speaking, though, "he" isn't really aimed at anyone, so don't get the wrong idea. This isn't a personal attack.

That would be something only a cheating, irresponsible S.O.B. probably called George with an imbecile nickname like, say, Rainmaster would do.

Of course, I am only generally speaking. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular.

I feel like this post is really an attack on me, generally speaking. In general, I'm not too fond of those.

Don't take offense though. I really am not aiming this at you, just...in general.

Can I add a new rule because for sure we need to start adding the words "for sure" in every sentence, generally speaking. Then we can, for sure, be more like our F1 idols - generally speaking that is. But, for sure I'm not aiming this at any SOB's named George generally speaking, because SOB's like George are - generally speaking - in short supply around here - for sure.

Herpes... hmm - for sure I'll think about that - not that I'm an SOB generally speaking, but I am speaking generally - for sure.

Quit whining. And who's Georgin General?

That joke failed <_<

General George?

One quick point - can't resist raking up old graves...

If the stewards hadn't have made that appalling decision at Belgium. Hamilton would have won the WDC by now. I just rewatched that race and - well - I can say with even more certainty that it was a terrible decision to dock him the win. He gave Kimi back the place, then he over took him again, then Kimi overtook him again and then Kimi span. Can't see what he did wrong. If Kimi wanted to take a trip into the wall, that was his doing. If Hamilton hadn't have made the initial pass, or even the second one, he still would have won. Silly, silly silly. (Not that I like Hamilton of course - I always have to add that.)

Had they not docked him those 30 crucial seconds, I wouldn't mind missing the Brazilian GP because it wouldn't have been as important as it is now.

So - following that logic through - I blame the stewards, again, for everything - I knew they had to be responsible somehow.

It must also have been them causing my toast to fall butter-side-down on the floor this morning. ****ers.

NB - for those mathematically challenged - if Ham had got 10 and Massa 8, then he would have gained 2 points over Massa, what actually happened was that he lost 4 points to Massa from that decision - a net loss of 6 points which would have made him 13 points ahead going into Brazil.

It's easy to reach the conclusion that Lewis was hard done by in Spa, he overtook, he had balls, we must not punish overtaking, blah blah blah. But he mad a move that would have been impossible had he not been i that place due to a previous illegal move. This has been done to death but i agree with the decision. I know it hurt the sport, i know it goes against the essence of racing but i still agree it was correct.

Oh, and Kimi spun. I would have let it go but this was my opportunity to have a dig back after some previously highlighted dribbler grammatical errors.

It's easy to reach the conclusion that Lewis was hard done by in Spa, he overtook, he had balls, we must not punish overtaking, blah blah blah. But he mad a move that would have been impossible had he not been i that place due to a previous illegal move. This has been done to death but i agree with the decision. I know it hurt the sport, i know it goes against the essence of racing but i still agree it was correct.

Oh, and Kimi spun. I would have let it go but this was my opportunity to have a dig back after some previously highlighted dribbler grammatical errors.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spin

I'm going to claim to be using the archaic form here - traditionalist that I am ;)

Personally I'd never sink so low as to pick up on typos and incorrect grammar.

I think that the bold (literally and metaphorically) assumption is what I disagree with here - had he not made the illegal move he would have been even closer to Kimi's gearbox. The illegal move and then giving back the place to kimi put him at more of a disadvantage. Let's face it - he overtook Kimi 3 times - once illegally, but he gave that place back. He then overtook him twice more. How many times does a driver have to overtake someone before we accept that he deserves the place he gained in doing so? Equally who gained from the penalty? - certainly not Kimi - he was walking back to the pits.

On the other hand - it was poetic justice after his attempt to hump Kimi in the Canadian pitlane. I would have prefered for Kimi to have taken them both out of the race and Massa to win - no penalty, just a repeat of Kimi's tank slapper at Monaco would have surficed.

Forget the penalties, think that it's way better to have the season decided in the last race :)

Forget the penalties, think that it's way better to have the season decided in the last race :)

Amen, sistah!

I've just realised - why did it take me this long! - that the GP will be at 1am Monday morning - that means 4 hours sleep before I get up for work on monday in a classroom full of screaming kids.

Either that or I try to stay away from the results and find a repeat to watch on the interweb. Any suggestions?

****!

It's revenge to the whole of China & Japan for making the rest of us wake up early for two weeks in a row in October!!! ^_^

I'd totally agree if this race was on at 1pm rather than 1am.

EDIT - which brings us full circle ****ity **** **** ****

I'm going to claim to be using the archaic form here - traditionalist that I am ;)

I think that the bold (literally and metaphorically) assumption is what I disagree with here - had he not made the illegal move he would have been even closer to Kimi's gearbox. The illegal move and then giving back the place to kimi put him at more of a disadvantage. Let's face it - he overtook Kimi 3 times - once illegally, but he gave that place back. He then overtook him twice more. How many times does a driver have to overtake someone before we accept that he deserves the place he gained in doing so? Equally who gained from the penalty? - certainly not Kimi - he was walking back to the pits.

On the other hand - it was poetic justice after his attempt to hump Kimi in the Canadian pitlane. I would have prefered for Kimi to have taken them both out of the race and Massa to win - no penalty, just a repeat of Kimi's tank slapper at Monaco would have surficed.

Most drivers who offered an opinion of that incident agreed that rules are clear and that Hamilton violated them. If you look at the finale of GP Japan 2007, Kubica was pushed to the grass by Massa, cut across the chicane, and GAVE UP a lead - clearly braking and letting Massa through. This is not ambiguous or a matter of interpretation. Hamilton ended up in Kimi's slip stream due to cutting a chicane which gave him about 10 mph advantage during passing. He knew the rules and took his chances - and lost.

Let's move on.

I've just realised - why did it take me this long! - that the GP will be at 1am Monday morning - that means 4 hours sleep before I get up for work on monday in a classroom full of screaming kids.

Either that or I try to stay away from the results and find a repeat to watch on the interweb. Any suggestions?

****!

Good point. Plus one hour for me... oh well.

:lol: Yep, I can understand why.

Shingles isn't. But herpes is. And I'm sure there's nothing more fun than telling the head teacher you're having an outbreak :P

:lol: Very true indeed. But I enjoy whining about whiners because it's nice to whine every now and again. Stop whining about me whining, by the way. Those are the worst whiners and I really need to whine about them, so stop whining about me so I don't have to whine about you :P

Generally speaking, of course. Which means I'm allowed to say you ate at KFC 13 times in the last hour before running out of money despite buying from the $0.99 extra lard menu. Poor George.

:lol: Yeah well, the pay sucks.

:lol: You had me worried there for a second!

You need to be in King George's Royal Britainland to watch on ITV.com. And he's not.

Generally speaking, though, "he" isn't really aimed at anyone, so don't get the wrong idea. This isn't a personal attack.

I feel like this post is really an attack on me, generally speaking. In general, I'm not too fond of those.

Don't take offense though. I really am not aiming this at you, just...in general.

Can I add a new rule because for sure we need to start adding the words "for sure" in every sentence, generally speaking. Then we can, for sure, be more like our F1 idols - generally speaking that is. But, for sure I'm not aiming this at any SOB's named George generally speaking, because SOB's like George are - generally speaking - in short supply around here - for sure.

Herpes... hmm - for sure I'll think about that - not that I'm an SOB generally speaking, but I am speaking generally - for sure.

Regarding the four quoted posts above, you're all idiots, of course this isn't a personal attack, I'm just speaking generally. Wait a minute... :eusa_think:

Ahh yes, always a bright side, and of course I do agree (on the condition that Lewis wins, otherwise that penalty.. :angry: ).

Ahh yes, always a bright side, and of course I do agree (on the condition that Lewis wins, otherwise that penalty.. :angry: ).

Hey, I don't need a Murray2, thank you very much. If Massa wins, Massa won and that's that.

But anyway, I don't see what's the fuss, he won't win...

Hey, I don't need a Murray2, thank you very much. If Massa wins, Massa won and that's that.

But anyway, I don't see what's the fuss, he won't win...

Well I don't think any of us need a Murray2 tbh, if Massa wins he wins and of course that is that, it would be a shame though if he wins through Lewis breaking down or something like that. I don't mind him winning if Lewis messes up, but any other way and it'll seriously suck.

Btw stop saying he won't win, that's like a reverse jinx so that he will win, to counter it I'll say Massa will win :)

Well I don't think any of us need a Murray2 tbh, if Massa wins he wins and of course that is that, it would be a shame though if he wins through Lewis breaking down or something like that. I don't mind him winning if Lewis messes up, but any other way and it'll seriously suck.

Btw stop saying he won't win, that's like a reverse jinx so that he will win, to counter it I'll say Massa will win :)

Damn, you caught me! Well, I expected no less of you :P

Well I don't think any of us need a Murray2 tbh

:lol: Yeah. I should bring out Jocasta's 2. I'm sure some of us would enjoy that pair.

:lol: Well, I guess I asked for that!

I think you answered your own question. A driver just needs to overtake once, legally. Unfortunately for Lewis the illegal move had already been made. It has nothing to do with whether anyone gained from the penalty, that's missing the point.

Indeed!

In Sydney we have quali at 4am Sunday, and the race is on at 3.30am Monday. So enough out of you Adam! :P