Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Un****ing Believable

I've just realised - why did it take me this long! - that the GP will be at 1am Monday morning - that means 4 hours sleep before I get up for work on monday in a classroom full of screaming kids.

Either that or I try to stay away from the results and find a repeat to watch on the interweb. Any suggestions?

****!

Book the Monday off?????

I've just realised - why did it take me this long! - that the GP will be at 1am Monday morning - that means 4 hours sleep before I get up for work on monday in a classroom full of screaming kids.

Either that or I try to stay away from the results and find a repeat to watch on the interweb. Any suggestions?

****!

well. it's early evening our side...niicccceeee...hope this makes you intensly jealous adamstrang :P

****!

Record the race, avoid results before going to work, watch race in class and tell them that this morning's lesson is about F1 :whistling:

Anyone knows at what time we could see the race in Italy/Spain? Elgo, Alehop, help!

Sure, it's on at 6 in the afternoon :)

Get a life?

(sorry I had to :P )

:lol: cheers for the sympathy

Book the Monday off?????

I'm a teacher - I can't do that unless I'm critically ill. :(

well. it's early evening our side...niicccceeee...hope this makes you intensly jealous adamstrang :P

I've been going on all year about how races are generally perfact times in China - this is my payback I suppose. Had to be the crucial last race of the season though didn't it. And yes - I am extremely jealous.

Anyone knows at what time we could see the race in Italy/Spain? Elgo, Alehop, help!

Should be 8 or 9pm Sunday

Record the race, avoid results before going to work, watch race in class and tell them that this morning's lesson is about F1 :whistling:

Do any of the web casters sopcast tvants etc allow you to record? I fear not. As for telling the grade 1 kids (6 years old) that the lesson's about formula 1 today - might not wash :(

anyway, I've never asked...whats the deal with your name man...adamstrags??

last name's stragnell - nick name throughout my life has been strags

Right - best bet is catching a serious illness - plenty of those around in China - just have to go and befriend some sick people.

Do any of the web casters sopcast tvants etc allow you to record? I fear not. As for telling the grade 1 kids (6 years old) that the lesson's about formula 1 today - might not wash :(

Where there's a will, there's a way, that's what I always say :lol:

Anyway, just transpose some pix of trains or barbie dolls over the cars and they'll be happy.

Right - best bet is catching a serious illness - plenty of those around in China - just have to go and befriend some sick people.

:lol:

****!

Chin up :P

All I know is if you don't watch it and go in, then one of the kids will totally randomly mention the result to you, and you'll hate them forever.

In mexico the race will be transmited at 11:00 am... a really perfect schedule...

it was our time!

Maybe go to sleep very early, Adam, and have a quick nap before work? You'll never manage to avoid someone telling you the result if you don't watch it live. Besides, we're only talking about some kids' education right? They'll probably grow up to be yobs anyway.

Good advice in the post before this.

Yes, sopcast/jlc/tvu etc allow you to record & save on the hard disk.

How??

btw over here the race is at one of the best times ; 11am, can get some good sleep and with brunch watch the race... :)

The UK get a good time, probably early evening also.

I actually prefer it as you can have your dinner infront of the race.

Excellent!

That's probably the race start time. But if that's just time of the build up then it doesn't matter.

Qualifying should also be on at around that time. Great stuff.

Usually on a race weekend, you day is completely split in two and it rather dominates things. Now I can go shopping or something in the afternoon.

You can't miss it Adam. You're too hopelessly dedicated to F1, just like the rest of us F1 nerds!

You can't miss it Adam. You're too hopelessly dedicated to F1, just like the rest of us F1 nerds!

I know - it's totally sad.

Shyeah! I'd happily give up a day of wakeful non red-eyed employed activity for a GP anytime!

Oh, how very sad. Doesn't it just suck that the FIA can't find a way to please 24 time zones at once? I mean, it's sooo very easy to schedule races so that it can be on a great time for everyone, even though it's one hour of the day somewhere in the world...I mean, face it, it's 1 AM somewhere...sucks that it's you but what do you want them to do? Schedule around your personal preference? They're as fair as possible by just having every race at 2 local time (not every, but most), because any other way they're biased towards somebody. And I know a whole damn bunch of us would trade to have one race on at 1 AM in the year be our biggest scheduling issue...

Hate to make such a negative post, but the truth is, if you're going to whine about the start time of the race, I suggest doing it somewhere other than a public forum because you just come off as just that, a whiner.

Anyway, now that I'm done attacking you, Adam, my advice is try to figure out a way to watch it later. I mean, if you're at work, you shouldn't be checking race results... :P

(and sorry if this post was personal attack-y, I've got nothing against you, it was more in a general sense, not so much at you. Enjoy the race, however you watch it!)

Oh, how very sad. Doesn't it just suck that the FIA can't find a way to please 24 time zones at once? I mean, it's sooo very easy to schedule races so that it can be on a great time for everyone, even though it's one hour of the day somewhere in the world...I mean, face it, it's 1 AM somewhere...sucks that it's you but what do you want them to do? Schedule around your personal preference? They're as fair as possible by just having every race at 2 local time (not every, but most), because any other way they're biased towards somebody. And I know a whole damn bunch of us would trade to have one race on at 1 AM in the year be our biggest scheduling issue...

Hate to make such a negative post, but the truth is, if you're going to whine about the start time of the race, I suggest doing it somewhere other than a public forum because you just come off as just that, a whiner.

Anyway, now that I'm done attacking you, Adam, my advice is try to figure out a way to watch it later. I mean, if you're at work, you shouldn't be checking race results... :P

(and sorry if this post was personal attack-y, I've got nothing against you, it was more in a general sense, not so much at you. Enjoy the race, however you watch it!)

Yeah, and George sucks!

(Sorry, all general rants should always seem as personalized against George, it's a new forum rule)

:lol:

Thank you - that's the funniest reply ever - if you can understand why, then we can both laugh.

I'm still in favour of the 'catching a serious illness' proposition myself. I found a man with shingles - is that infectious?

If worst comes to the worst, I plan to draw some chicken pox on my face with my felt tips and go and see the Head teacher tomorrow.