Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Braziiiiiiiil

What a race. Greatest end to an F1 race I have ever seen, certainly the best title decider of all time.

Lewis Hamilton is a worthy champion and deserves his championships. I think over the course of the season he was the best driver all round. Ferrari were a stronger car, Massa did well but through all conditions I think Hamilton was the slightly better driver.

Next year will be excellent as I expect Alonso to be better, BMW to be closer and Raikkonen to bounce back.

I wouldn't have been disapointed to see Massa win but I worry that this might be as close as he will come. Hopefully though his day will come sometime.

What a superb end to an superb season and this is likely the first of many for Lewis Hamilton.

I guess it's true when the champion and the car are both the fastest!

When the cars are comfortably faster and help their drivers to overcome their weaknesses and excuse their mistakes, I don't think that's the case!

I simply don't remember/or haven't noticed, another season where the so called "top drivers" (top teams 's drivers that is) have done so many mistakes! I don't think anyone can congratulate FM or LH on a "perfect season" or an amazing display of skill!

Mansell and Piquet 86 ?!

Or the sheer skill it took Prost and Senna to crash into each other for the sakes of the title, twice.

Well, planetf1 (that was it, wasn't it?) have already congratulated him on an "amazing pass" on Glock... so you never know :lol:

Well it was amazing in a way!

Sure amazed everyone!

Mansell and Piquet 86 ?!

Or the sheer skill it took Prost and Senna to crash into each other for the sakes of the title, twice.

Well, I didn't watch the '86 championship :lol: !

I was only referring to myself on that post! I said I didn't remember etc!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha when seb overtook lewis i ran downstairs w my german flag like crazy hahahahahah then my friend told m, lets get outta here, cus if felipe wins maybe they'll invade track... hahahahah we escaped and... he didn't win hahahahahhahaha

I'm frustrated, but I'm proud of him. For his fight, his heart and determination. For almost managing to win a championship that seemed impossible, at his own home. For his improvement as a driver. But mostly for how much he has matured. I never thought the guy could recover from the Hungary shock. He did. I didn't think he could recover from the Singapore disaster. But he did. When Lewis crossed the finish line in 5th today, I thought we would see an extremely depressed Felipe on the conference. And instead we saw a proud, dignified man with his head up. Again. And I'm happy that he is at least starting to get the respect he deserves.

Of course Lewis is a deserving champion and I never said he isn't, but all these things I just said combined with the other things I'm already tired of saying are what give me the conviction that he isn't THE most deserving one.

Good Post. +1 Agree...

That would be absolutely devastating. It was a fantastic ending.

His pass on Glock was merely driving around him, avoiding him really.

Vettel's pass was good and Alonso's early pass was also pretty cool.

I guess it's true when the champion and the car are both the fastest!

When the cars are comfortably faster and help their drivers to overcome their weaknesses and excuse their mistakes, I don't think that's the case!

I simply don't remember/or haven't noticed, another season where the so called "top drivers" (top teams 's drivers that is) have done so many mistakes! I don't think anyone can congratulate FM or LH on a "perfect season" or an amazing display of skill!

Yeah, it isn't a brilliantly won title, but a title is a title I guess.

I'm frustrated, but I'm proud of him. For his fight, his heart and determination. For almost managing to win a championship that seemed impossible, at his own home. For his improvement as a driver. But mostly for how much he has matured. I never thought the guy could recover from the Hungary shock. He did. I didn't think he could recover from the Singapore disaster. But he did. When Lewis crossed the finish line in 5th today, I thought we would see an extremely depressed Felipe on the conference. And instead we saw a proud, dignified man with his head up. Again. And I'm happy that he is at least starting to get the respect he deserves.

Of course Lewis is a deserving champion and I never said he isn't, but all these things I just said combined with the other things I'm already tired of saying are what give me the conviction that he isn't THE most deserving one.

Fair doos. The guy has time though, he'll be back, fer sure.

Next season is shaping up to be a great one. ^_^ We might see BMW and Renault jump up there and we get new names to the title fight, and it would be nicer to see Vettel at BMW rather than Red Bull, but then again who knows what they do to the engines over the winter. Red Bull have to up their game or he will go.

And if you happen to think Glock willingly gave up those two positions, just think back to Spa and now lovely it is to drive on drys... B)

Time for wintersleep, see ya in March

Heikki never really got the best strategy though, did he?

He was always racing a tank-ful of gas!

And I don't think anyone can say the Mclaren wasn't a front-running car, able to win the championship, right :mellow: ?

You sound just like the guys who used to say the same things about RB and MS. Its no use of convincing you as it would turn out to be like another argument with Maure and company. Both Ferrari and Mclaren had cars who proved to be fastest in different tracks, Ferrari had power advantage and Mclaren had an Aero and engine effeciency advantage. Ferrari had drivers who brought home cars regularly in points. Its not like you think, no top team would use one of their cars as a satellite car or delebrately fill up the tanks and finish off points as you know every point means money and after all what Mclaren went through last season every penny counts. Hekki had been unfortunate and Mclaren have lost their edge calculating strategies from their Mika-David days. As Brawn himself said before the race that Mclaren were wrong to take a conservative approach for the qualifying, instead they should have fueled Lewis lighter and create a gap before his first pits and he seems to be right. Lewis almost lost it, not because Vettel overtook him, but because Mclaren were over confident.

I won't complain if I still read these kind of fastest car theories as Kimi himself proved in the past that with a two year old car he almost became a world champion and that too against MS. As it is always difficult to admire a person whom you may not like. Just like the way I used to be in the past, even when Alonso won the WDC, I still complained his eye brows were illegal.

we were like a uno meeting. so many different flags. there was one for kubi w the girl w french flag too. at some point i was afria dtheyd kill us. haha

I wish I had offended him. Seriously. I was real nice to him in fact, I was even nicer than to better drivers like Fernando. I just said word nick in 'you know if nicks coming' and he said 'nick? im not nicks babysitter' whereas a 'no i dunno' wouldve been polite. I couldve told him to f*** off, which I didn't, I just treated him the way he treated me and said 'Thank you VERY much for this' and he noticed what a big a**hole he has been and started apologizing. Maybe you should notce too what kinda people you think is so f... nice.

I seriously hope my camera flash blinded him.

Now I'm not gon argue with you if your poor lil polish is alone or not.If he is, I think I have a clue why people prefer Nick.

Oops. That time of a month again, eh, Katy?

Let's hope that the talentless Kraut goes away next year. Alternatively, that Kubica ends up in a team wher his talents are actually appreciated.

me? its his time of the month i think. but i dont mind, ive sucessfully blinded him w my cam flash ^^ he had a great view of nicks rear wing :)

Just as an aside, I would like to congratulate BMW team on successfully preventing Kubica not only from having a chance for WDC, but even from being allowed on the podium. To send him out on track on dry tires for a warm up lap was brilliant. Also, telling Nick not to, under any circumstances, try to slow down Raikkonen, was inspired. I mean a mere 8th would put Kubi on the podium, so it took a long weekend of comical mistakes (to a point that Force India team must have looked in amazement, as Sutil was actually fighting against a BMW), with a crowning achievement during the last race of the season.

Thank you DR. Mario for making a complete a## of yourself just to help a talentless Kraut that, for some unfathomable reason, you re-signed for 2009. Speaking of which - Kubica will get nowhere in 2009, but, if lucky, will sign with a team that may actually support him on the track.

And Katy, seeing you draped in that German flag reminded me why i REALLY do not like you...

Piotr, World War II is over. You don't have to hate Germany anymore. It's going to be okay.

Yup, but that was just another war that we won wit da krauts.

Eric, just rememeber that although Poland and Hungary are the only two neighbouring countries in the world (well, until WWII) that were NEVER at war, in 1000 years of Poland and Germany being neighbors, there were only 300 years TOTAL when these two countries were NOT at war. This is bit deeper that just the latest war. This is just a fundamental dislike between these two nations. AND the way today's race was run by BMW, it did nothing to warm up our relationships.

On other note, why isn't Danika in F1 yet? I may REALLY enjoy the action -Kubica notwithstanding.

Yup, but that was just another war that we won wit da krauts.

Eric, just rememeber that although Poland and Hungary are the only two neighbouring countries in the world (well, until WWII) that were NEVER at war, in 1000 years of Poland and Germany being neighbors, there were only 300 years TOTAL when these two countries were NOT at war. This is bit deeper that just the latest war. This is just a fundamental dislike between these two nations. AND the way today's race was run by BMW, it did nothing to warm up our relationships.

Oh don't mind Eric, he's an idiot. I think you are perfectly justified in maintaining a pathological hatred against anything German based on slights real or imagined, from 70 years ago, ranging to thousands of years ago. I think it is really important to Kati that you hate her based on a German flag, I am sure despite her happy life, she really cares about what a sad little man thousands of miles away thinks of her. Obviously, now that you mention it, BMW's mistreatment of Kubeetza is caused by the fact that they still can't get over WWII (crap I mentioned the war).

Piotr, World War II is over. You don't have to hate Germany anymore. It's going to be okay.

Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

On other note, why isn't Danika in F1 yet? I may REALLY enjoy the action -Kubica notwithstanding.

I remember a thread two years ago on the same question and whether she could race nude or something like that ...or something like accidents in the pit lane while the mechs were staring at her boobs..... quite chauvinist actually (wonder what size she is..)

one of the saddest moments of the race,i think!!!!!i feel for them!!!!!especially if you look their faces after they were told that hamilton had won.....really sad!!!

sad???? what the hell, I laughed my a## off and eloquently pointed my middle finger at the TV screen. The reactions on their faces was the best drama I ever witness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, I could'nt wait for the replays, the more I saw it, the more I burst out laughing!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely priceless!!!!!...

sad???? what the hell, I laughed my a## off and eloquently pointed my middle finger at the TV screen. The reactions on their faces was the best drama I ever witness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, I could'nt wait for the replays, the more I saw it, the more I burst out laughing!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely priceless!!!!!...

+ 1 Agree - it was hilarious. A case of don't count your chickens... :)

Phew what a nailbiter of a race.