Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the ferret

"Yes, my young Jedi, let the hate flow through you..." read - let your hate and blind worship of young anything German (read- Vettel) force you into an untenable position, so that the first time Kubica spanks unrully Sebbie into a crying fit during 2009 (should be around April, I think), I can paste the above post laughing gleefully....

Piotr, is that Maure speaking through you? Honestly, sounds like him :unsure:

Piotr, is that Maure speaking through you? Honestly, sounds like him :unsure:

Ah, there you go...twisting the truth so it can fit your Lewisteric ways. Thank you for the smiles...

Wait...this might be contagious...

I remember thinking the same about Ferrari and Williams, before the start of the '98 season.........

That was different though, Williams had lost Newey, Renault Engines (and Rothmans if that made any difference)

I still remember the first race of that season with DC and Mika.

I couldn't believe how much faster than any other car those Mclarens were!

1998 Melbourne just goes to show that you CAN'T tell everything from the first race. After Melbourne '98 everyone thought McLaren would walk away with the title, but thats not what happened at all.

I predict Hamilton will be fighting for the title, mainly cos it'll be his 3rd season, and he's the best driver. I agree with others that if Renault have done a good job with the car, Alonso will deliver the results.

Its all pointless really because its new rules, the car's aren't evolutions of last year's models, so anything could happen, BMW could dominate at Melbourne, so could Red Bull

Wait...this might be contagious...

No, I don't think it is. But thank you for the suggestion, it made me smile. Must go for a walk now. Wait a minute...........

That was different though, Williams had lost Newey, Renault Engines (and Rothmans if that made any difference)

1998 Melbourne just goes to show that you CAN'T tell everything from the first race. After Melbourne '98 everyone thought McLaren would walk away with the title, but thats not what happened at all.

I predict Hamilton will be fighting for the title, mainly cos it'll be his 3rd season, and he's the best driver. I agree with others that if Renault have done a good job with the car, Alonso will deliver the results.

Its all pointless really because its new rules, the car's aren't evolutions of last year's models, so anything could happen, BMW could dominate at Melbourne, so could Red Bull

That's the point I am making. Predictions of dominance are fruitless because there are big changes.

Again I would agree but I can never remember a season in which a midfield team such as Red Bull, with no wins, beat the rest the next seson.

It is hard to think of examples, but with a whole new set of rules for the car designs, it all just depends on who has got it right.

You've got me racking my brains for a season in F1 history where the title-winning team didnt win anything the previous year!

ok i've decided there probably arent any seasons where the title-winning team won nothing the previous year - but teams can jump up or down the pecking order between seasons, look at Renault in 02 then in 03, Williams in 03 then in 04, Mclaren in 04 then in 05, Ferrari in 05 then in 06 (hope that makes sense).

I think the new regs mean this is the best chance in a long time for a team like Williams or RBR to move up the grid

It does make sense.

The proof will be in the pudding but I am working on the assumption that the pecking order now is largely based on the best designers, engineers and so on. Logic would therefore dictate that when starting from a fresh page, the best or quickest at reading if you like, will get there first.

I agree. Although sometimes having the best designers doesnt help - Newey hasnt produced a great car for about 6 years now (not sure if he designed the 2005 mclaren)