Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeoData

Domenicali Gives Title To Lewis?

You always make discussions personal...there is no need, Lewis is the WDC so know matter what you say that is now a fact!

Of all the drivers yesterday I feared Vettel the most. That said, I still don't think he would have got past Lewis without Lewis' mistake, which conveniently happened after Kubica had overtaken him. Lewis didn't have the pace to overtake Vettel because he was faster.

Glock's gamble was weird and designed soley to gain position from Lewis. rain was forecast and the front runners had changed to intermediates. Were the gambling to win? were they gambling to get more points to overhaul Renault? Were they gambling to stave off the threat from STR? I guess only they will know?

Mclaren c#cked the raced up with their conservative approach. F1 is very difficult when a team is asked to do anything other than fight for the win. Had it not rained Lewis would have comfortably beaten Vettel to 4th place.

Maure, it's the close season, I'm ecstatic that Lewis has won the WDC. I don't really want to play childish games as the season is over and the result known.

Personal? It is you who makes bigotted comments.

Hamilton, WDC? Sure. And? Your emotional involment is inexplicable to me.

In regards to the Hamilton/Vettel, Hamilton lost out and lost all.

Wow. You truly are a goner.

When Vettel passed Hamilton, that was it for Hamilton. Are you saying Hamilton didn't care? Or perhaps, that Hamilton didn't put everything he had to win the WDC by preventing Vettel from passing him? Hamilton lost right there and then because he didn't have the skill to take on Vettel who was driving on a much much inferior car.

Vettel has had a phenomenal season. But Brazil is, for me, a before and an after for the guy. What he did to Hamilton, and at this time and place and with all that there was to lose for Hamilton, was unbelievable. Vettel beat the current WDC, simple as that.

What you conveniently ignore is what I just said to Murray. Put aside the heroworship and consider the merits of what Vettel did and what Hamilton didn't have the skill to do. Put yourself in their place, curve after curve, long after Kubica had nothing to do with those two.

Glock's gamble was quite understandable. Who knows how much rain would fall. A little less rain on certain parts of the cricuit and he walks away with a fourth. A reasonable gamble by all means when you have nothing to lose.

I tend to agree with Maure to a certain degree.

Too bad Vettel will be driving for RBR next year I'd love to see him in the same car as Hamilton.

From my point of view Lewis won the title fair and square as he was simply the best driver this year.

I am somewhat worried about his seeming lack of progression when it comes to coping with the pressure in the final race.

But perhaps now that hes won the title he will settle down and become an even better driver.

Please.

With the benefit of hindsight, Glock's position was a mirage.

But there and then, it wasn't.

When Vettel caught up to Hamilton, Vettel was fighting for position and Hamilton for the championship. When Hamilton lost out to a _Toro_Rosso_, he lost the championship on skill, simple as that. Vettel's merit is astonishing. Hamilton's, well... only chance, pure chance, gave the WDC back to him. That's not merit in any form whatsoever.

Deserving? As much as Massa's... and at least that guy beat them all.

and he beat both Kimi and Massa the previous race. the mclaren just was'nt fast enough at Interlagos..... Maure, there's a big difference...Vettel had nothing to lose, Lewis was the one carrying pressure

and he beat both Kimi and Massa the previous race. the mclaren just was'nt fast enough..... Maure, there's a big difference...Vettel had nothing to lose, Lewis was the one carrying pressure

It's like a broken pencil, I'm afraid, Brad :lol:

What a waste of time it was reading this thread. Thanks though :lol:
True! Maure's hatred of Lewis-v-Fed_Ups worship of Lewis conflict will end in war some day!

Because of all the silly excuses made by ferrari fans I've decided to post this and give them a more plausible excuse to back up the claim Lewis is undeserving of the title.

In Fuji Kimi had close to no chance of retaining his title He had a 27 point deficit to lewis and 20 to Massa with 30 point remaining yet he was allowed to finish ahead of Massa.

Great job Stefano keep up the good work it's decisons like this that will make it alot easier for the Ferrari brass to crawl back to Ross Brawn and beg him to take the job they would not give him when he asked for it.

Come to think of it this isnt an excuse its a flame directed at the people in charge at Ferrari.

Specificly Stefano Domenicali who is a great guy but seems to lack the guts to make big decisions when the time has arrived.

Yes team orders are not allowed but that doesn't mean you cannot persuade the driver to use common sense before a race.

We have just had a brilliant season finale. It made up for the silly mistakes all round, by everyone. P!ss on Hamilton's fire if you must but it's not the actions of a real fan. The real fans around here really wouldn't have minded who won. They would have heaped praise for the winner and felt sorry for the loser. Both of them lads wanted it more than anything in the world. You can see that and that's all that matters. Suggesting Domenicali is responsible is serious straw clutching.

We have just had a brilliant season finale. It made up for the silly mistakes all round, by everyone. P!ss on Hamilton's fire if you must but it's not the actions of a real fan. The real fans around here really wouldn't have minded who won. They would have heaped praise for the winner and felt sorry for the loser. Both of them lads wanted it more than anything in the world. You can see that and that's all that matters. Suggesting Domenicali is responsible is serious straw clutching.

Keep reading Dribbler you'll soon get to the clue :D

So Maure, Hammy is useless because Lewis couldn't keep up?

Hmm, so if Vettel is so truly awesome how come this did not happen every race? Also most of you guys are forgetting the motor in the back of his car - a Ferrari, which a) means fast and B) means the guys from Maranello were probably urging Vettel's management to give a helping hand (has happened before with Ferrari engined cars and in their position I would do the same). Vettel is fast and it almost worked.

Hammy is fast, Vettel is fast, Massa is fast. Ferrari and McLaren made shockingly bad decisions; Hammy and Massa also drove both brilliantly and like rank amateurs at various points.

However.... dumb argument because ultimately its all academic now. Hammy won. End of. Roll on 2009 and with new regs.

Oh, my Nando fanboy hemisphere just has to do this:

Last year. Canada. Sato overtakes an Alonso who is obviously limping towards the finish line on a car with no rubber left on his tires. Everybody talked about Sato's manoeuvre and started talking as if it was the fall of the Roman Empire. "NANDO OVERTAKEN BY SATO!!! SATO STAR OF THE CENTURY!!! NANDO IS WORTHLESS" blah, blah, Sato, blah :D

Well, if it was valid at that moment, then it sure is valid for Vettel (and it even makes more sense, in a way) :P

Oh, my Nando fanboy hemisphere just has to do this:

Last year. Canada. Sato overtakes an Alonso who is obviously limping towards the finish line on a car with no rubber left on his tires. Everybody talked about Sato's manoeuvre and started talking as if it was the fall of the Roman Empire. "NANDO OVERTAKEN BY SATO!!! SATO STAR OF THE CENTURY!!! NANDO IS WORTHLESS" blah, blah, Sato, blah :D

Well, if it was valid at that moment, then it sure is valid for Vettel (and it even makes more sense, in a way) :P

It is valid, but Lewis is the WDC while nando got beaten by a rookie as well as being overtaken by Sato. It's called a double whammy

It is valid, but Lewis is the WDC while nando got beaten by a rookie as well as being overtaken by Sato. It's called a double whammy

May I remind you that Vettel is also a rookie? And that Nando is a 2 times WDC by a mile, not at the last corner?

Or is my accent so thick you don't understand what I'm saying?

May I remind you that Vettel is also a rookie? And that Nando is a 2 times WDC by a mile, not at the last corner?

If I may intrude, I think he's just being childish. Well, you too but he a lot more! XD

Indeed your accent is very thick (but I can understand you) Vettel is not a rookie my friend. Lewis was a wet behind the ears rookie and out psyched a 2 x wdc into pulling a hissy fit.

Vettel was majestic in his bold manouvre and outfoxed Lewis with his daring skill. When the dust settled Lewis was crowned the youngest WDC ever!

Is that clear enough for you my friend

If I may intrude, I think he's just being childish. Well, you too but he a lot more! XD

I knwo I am being childish :lol:

For the record, I don't believe that Vettel pass on Lewis really is humiliating for Lewis. I was just using the same stupid argument that was used last year against Nando, precisely to show how stupid it was :)

The "beaten by a rookie" makes no sense. Neither the "XX beat Nando/Lewis therefore they are worse than XX" when it's obvious that it was due to some special set of circumstances.

Not to mention variants of "Winning excuses how he won it" (I know these two weren't used here, but just wanted to point they are wrong)

I knwo I am being childish :lol:

For the record, I don't believe that Vettel pass on Lewis really is humiliating for Lewis. I was just using the same stupid argument that was used last year against Nando, precisely to show how stupid it was :)

The "beaten by a rookie" makes no sense. Neither the "XX beat Nando/Lewis therefore they are worse than XX" when it's obvious that it was due to some special set of circumstances.

Not to mention variants of "Winning excuses how he won it" (I know these two weren't used here, but just wanted to point they are wrong)

I knew that already ^^

Is that clear enough for you my friend

The rest of the argument is totally uninteresting for me for reasons I explained on my previous post. Regarding the bit I just quoted:

I hope you are just trying to wind everybody up with your accent comments, but you really are the respectful Fed Up we used to know, just playing goofy. That would mean that you never intended to offend anyobdy with your "accent" comments. If so it is a good moment to say so, and, for my part, I will gladly leave all this in the past, laugh at my own grumpiness and move on.

If not...well, that calls for a different post.

The rest of the argument is totally uninteresting for me for reasons I explained on my previous post. Regarding the bit I just quoted:

I hope you are just trying to wind everybody up with your accent comments, but you really are the respectful Fed Up we used to know, just playing goofy. That would mean that you never intended to offend anyobdy with your "accent" comments. If so it is a good moment to say so, and, for my part, I will gladly leave all this in the past, laugh at my own grumpiness and move on.

If not...well, that calls for a different post.

How YOU feel is not my problem as it is only YOU that can interpret words based on your own insecurities. A word is just that, a word. You can take it how you like, but is not my responsibility how it affects YOU, it is yours.

I hope that makes sense.

Now that's childish. We all know you'd never excuse derogatory remarks about black people with the same logic. I might, but not you.

Now that's childish. We all know you'd never excuse derogatory remarks about black people with the same logic. I might, but not you.

Indeed.