Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Hamilton Vs Vettel, See The Video

i think it should be remembered that a certain M Schumacher also 'choked' on several occasions when the pressure was truly on, and many consider him to be the greatest of all time. So I dont think anything should be taken away from Lewis's achievement.

As a matter of fact, you are absolutely correct.

It is one of the reasons why I find the denials so amusing. Some people seem to need to construe Hamilton as infallible which, truly, does not make at all (to me).

I'm a fan of his but he's certainly not infallible.

His 1 obvious flaw recognised by most people is that he always needs to be in front and seems to defend position 'at all costs' which can be detrimental to his own race, as per Fuji.

Its one of the reasons I'm a fan though, I like an agressive racer. Anyway, the end now.

You just made me smile. It can't be helped.

Hmm, this is common with schizophrenia, goes with the uncontrollable laughing. How about the wild, stary eyes and that spittle running down your chin? :lol:

Hmm, this is common with schizophrenia, goes with the uncontrollable laughing. How about the wild, stary eyes and that spittle running down your chin? :lol:

Mirror report again?

I'm a fan of his but he's certainly not infallible.

His 1 obvious flaw recognised by most people is that he always needs to be in front and seems to defend position 'at all costs' which can be detrimental to his own race, as per Fuji.

Its one of the reasons I'm a fan though, I like an agressive racer. Anyway, the end now.

He's fun to watch. Definitely at the top of my list in terms of racing entertainment.

Pity the baggage and i-owe-you's. Truly. The kid's been put into an impossible situation.

He's fun to watch. Definitely at the top of my list in terms of racing entertainment.

Pity the baggage and i-owe-you's. Truly. The kid's been put into an impossible situation.

I disagree, for the 1 big fat reason that he's now world champion with one of the greatest F1 teams of all time completely behind him. Even his team-mate was chanting his name after Sundays race (which is plain weird in my opinion - can you imagine Kimi chanting 'Felipe, Felipe'?!!)

How can you get better than that situation?

I disagree, for the 1 big fat reason that he's now world champion with one of the greatest F1 teams of all time completely behind him. Even his team-mate was chanting his name after Sundays race. How can you get better than that situation?

Absolutely. Although a minority of lunatics with mental instability think otherwise, Lewis is in the best position of any driver on the grid.

(which is plain weird in my opinion - can you imagine Kimi chanting 'Felipe, Felipe'?!!)

Only in some sort of weird sexual image that I'm trying hard to erase from my mind.

Keke Rosberg? That was more than 25 years back? Early 80's, if I remember correctly.

Hold on...

Yep, 82. Keke won one race only. Five other guys won TWO races.

Geez.

Anyway, beyond Keke, did you find anyone else?

Not yet, but I skipped the years where the winner was awarded 10 points and the runner up 6, as I assumed that would always mean the WDC would have the most race wins.

And incidentally the race wins in 2005 were level- 7 for Kimi and 7 for Alonso. Looking through the stats this seems to be extremely common, but the WDC having LESS wins is very rare.

I don't know what this means but it's vaguely interesting. I still think we should go back to 10 & 6 though. I don't like this scoring system.

Only in some sort of weird sexual image that I'm trying hard to erase from my mind.

:roll:

Ok, that was IT!

Thread over, Dribbler wins!

Oh, and I am the best B) ..!

I disagree, for the 1 big fat reason that he's now world champion with one of the greatest F1 teams of all time completely behind him. Even his team-mate was chanting his name after Sundays race (which is plain weird in my opinion - can you imagine Kimi chanting 'Felipe, Felipe'?!!)

Very true. Alonso has a similar situation at Renault, but it's not quite the same.

:yes:

It's good to know that Heikki is payed for chanting Hamilton's name, I almost thought that he had done a bad job this year.

It's good to know that Heikki is payed for chanting Hamilton's name, I almost thought that he had done a bad job this year.

Brilliant.

I just find it shocking that 1 driver is happy to chant another driver's name - arent they all supposed to be competitive spiteful beasts? Surely Heikki must be dismal about his 2008 season, and desperate to beat Lewis and win titles of his own? Instead it seems he's happy to be a loyal number 2, so early in his career. Heikki will never go any further in this sport.

I just find it shocking that 1 driver is happy to chant another driver's name - arent they all supposed to be competitive spiteful beasts? Surely Heikki must be dismal about his 2008 season, and desperate to beat Lewis and win titles of his own? Instead it seems he's happy to be a loyal number 2, so early in his career. Heikki will never go any further in this sport.

On the other hand, what would you do? Look sour? be a poor loser? He's probably beating himself up inside, he would love to have achieved what Lewis has. But he's probably also grateful for the position he is in. Let's not forget that only last year he was being considered for the scrap heap, having had a poor season with Renault. Here he is, driving for the best, or if not one of the best teams. He probably thinks the best thing is to be a team player and wait for his time to come. In my view, he's not bitter and not complaining because there i nothing to complain about.

I liked Rubinho's chant more. According to at least one Argentinean paper, he chanted at a disco after the race: "Schumi is a faggot!". Soon, the whole disco was chanting with him.

Try it. Makes a good mantra.

Imagine what would've happened if it had not started raining again in the last two laps, where would Hamilton be now with two WDC blown?

Regarding Kimi, I can only hope (but know better) that if the lucky rain had not come, Hamilton would've have received the treatment that Massa has.

By the way, don't forget that Glock was the fastest of the top runners the 4th and 3rd laps to the end, and only a second slower than Hamilton the 2nd to last. Incredibly lucky Hamilton.

Absolutely. Although a minority of lunatics with mental instability think otherwise, Lewis is in the best position of any driver on the grid.

Don't say that too loud or your own kin will eat you alive.

Hamilton's receives the _exact_ same treatment as every other driver in F1... repeat the chant and get lost again in the mob.

Not yet, but I skipped the years where the winner was awarded 10 points and the runner up 6, as I assumed that would always mean the WDC would have the most race wins.

And incidentally the race wins in 2005 were level- 7 for Kimi and 7 for Alonso. Looking through the stats this seems to be extremely common, but the WDC having LESS wins is very rare.

I don't know what this means but it's vaguely interesting. I still think we should go back to 10 & 6 though. I don't like this scoring system.

Yep, the outcome of the 2005 sucked. I still think that Kimi would've walked away with it if the McLaren had had just a tad bit more of reliability. Of course, McLaren sunk in 2006. It was only after Alonso arrived... better not say or we will have another round of lewisteric violence.

Regarding the point system, I started another thread on the issue. Adam just posted a sensible system.

Well, Kova did say after Brazil that next season he is going for the WDC.

If the guy is able to make himself believe that,...

Yep, the outcome of the 2005 sucked. I still think that Kimi would've walked away with it if the McLaren had had just a tad bit more of reliability. Of course, McLaren sunk in 2006. It was only after Alonso arrived... better not say or we will have another round of lewisteric violence.

Regarding the point system, I started another thread on the issue. Adam just posted a sensible system.

Well that's the big question, and what makes Formula One so interesting. Arguably Kimi was as good as Alonso in 2005, if not a bit better, but the crappy engines kept letting him down and every time they did he got nothing.

But then of course one could argue his car was faster- we just don't know.

Regardless, wouldn't it be nice to see Kimi driving like he did at McLaren? Unfortunately it seems he needs the rigid and controlling discipline that McLaren provides. I wish we could have seen Kimi in a McLaren that didn't keep blowing up, and Nando in a Ferrari team that didn't screw every single race up like this year. I'd happily boot Lewis out of the championship to see that scenario.

Don't say that too loud or your own kin will eat you alive.

What the f*ck does that mean? I maintain that Hamilton is in a great position. Trying to blind me with some f*ck wit code will not dig you from your pit.

Imagine what would've happened if it had not started raining again in the last two laps, where would Hamilton be now with two WDC blown?

imagine that.

EDIT- wow.