Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Hamilton Vs Vettel, See The Video

Amusing you forget that "that time" was precisely when the championship was at stake and _lost_... by Hamilton and againt Vettel in a much inferior car.

Amusing and understandable. You are still in shock.

Last year, all of you were quick to say that Kimi's victory had less merit because he got lucky.

This year, the amount of luck Hamilton needed was so enourmous, that you still cannot comprehend it. Add to that the fact that Hamilton created the situation in the first place by losing to a Toro Rosso and... well, here you are, unable to process what happened. If and when you do acknowledge what happened, your suspicions will lead to the acceptance that Hamilton's merit amounts to almost, almost, a win in name only.

Do you own a glue shop?

Incredible kid, so young, so few opportunites (compared to the well connected drivers), and yet humilliating who is know a WDC.

Do you even think before you type? Fettel kid is two and a half years younger than Hammy boy. Two and a half years ago Hammy was still driving in GP2, Fettel kid has already had a full season and a win behind him - so he has already had a chance in a race winning car. And you say he has had few opportunities? He is f$%king 21.

Could've but didn't, desperate man.

Don't be thick. F1 championships are often decided on a knife edge, which means they could easily go either way between two or sometimes even three drivers. None of them may be deserving or undeserving. This is nothing unusual in F1. So stop pretending it is. These things usually balance out over a driver's career. Last year Hamilton almost won. This year he almost lost.

You are correct. McLaren was not running at "full potential" even though when Vettel passed Hamilton, they had lost the WDC... And Hamilton didn't push, oh no, he just decided to lose the WDC because he is such a cool guy.

Hilarious.

Read what Hamilton has to say about the last laps:

We could see pictures of Glock slowing down

It is very clear that Kubica's interference is what caused Lewis' off. Without the traffic Lewis was able to keep Vettel at bay with ease. It remains a mystery what Kubica was playing at there as he had nothing to gain by unlapping himself with 3 laps to go.

Oh, you mean racing is now called "interference"??? ARE you NUTS??? Oh, sorry, forgot - new FIA rule - everyone who is in the Boy-God way MUST let him pass, otherwise it's a penalty for them! As Kubica experienced in 2007.

This is BEYOND pathetic. Why not declare that the whole field must slow down until top 3 cars are free of "interference" ??? Better yet, let's declare Hamilton WDC for the next 3 years and dispense with all that "racing" nonsense...

sorry mate...you just dont get to the point do you? dont be blind...you judge all the championship by a mere of 2 laps...well done, very clever. so whatever you may say...HAMILTON is the CHAMP and take a look at the whole season...there are other more important things in life rather than trying to prove that because lewis couldnt pass vettel he is not a deserved champ. END OF TOPIC

Well, we would if the whole of the British Isles stop whining any time somebody tries to race him...

Oh, you mean racing is now called "interference"??? ARE you NUTS??? Oh, sorry, forgot - new FIA rule - everyone who is in the Boy-God way MUST let him pass, otherwise it's a penalty for them! As Kubica experienced in 2007.

This is BEYOND pathetic. Why not declare that the whole field must slow down until top 3 cars are free of "interference" ??? Better yet, let's declare Hamilton WDC for the next 3 years and dispense with all that "racing" nonsense...

Get over yourself Piotr, this is yesterday's news - Lewis is WDC and your man choked and lost 3rd to the flyin fin :P

I think you do best when your arguing with gorgeous katy, you two definetely have something going on there ;)

I missed your post. Thank you for making it about me. It makes me feel fuzzy inside... which will drive Cavallino nuts since he demands to be the center of it all.

least I could do with all the grief you're getting (deserved or not?)

The "sour grapes" thingy is really lost on me. I know you are interested in racing, like I am, but are you yourself so emotionally involved in the sports as the heroworshippers? I don't think so, to be honest.

:lol: who are you trying to fool? - read my post again and find anything heroworshippy, or emotive that I said - I pride myself on being as objective as I can.

I, for one, find that kind of relationship with drivers inexplicable.

hmm - from your posts one wouldn't be alone in thinking you are emotionally attached to certain drivers, just in the negative, rather than positive sense.

Anyway, it is not about me. It is about the race. I think you get that.

It should be.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's not meant badly - even if defensively you may take it as such.

When I see people fighting themselves into a corner I kind of feel like I ought to do something about it. In this case, the best thing I can do is offer up some opinions that might hopefully open your eyes to what you're typing, before you actually type it. Like I said - I agree with what you said about the last laps, but all you're achieving here is making yourself look at best misguided and at worst, bitter. Wake up buddy and sign off on this one. It's going nowhere - if you can't see that by now, then there's no helping you. Now that this argument has spiralled out of control, you're trying to defend increasingly audacious derivisions of your line of argument and the Hamfisters are smelling blood - I'd hate for you to gift them another win after Sunday's. It's dangerous territory when we start extrapolating a driver's performance over 4 laps of one race in order to talk about the perceived lack of justification in his taking the title run over 18 races of 70 laps each - though that was obviously not your original point in this thread, it has come to be the point you've been backed into defending, and it's a point you'll never make stick. No matter what you say about Hamilton and McLaren, equal arguments could be made about the other drivers and teams at various points through the season and indeed in past years too.

Now I know, I'll probably get some sarcastic comeback. Something like "I don't need you to advise me" or some such quibble, but hey, why would I expect any different?

As for the rest of you, leave Maure be - you had your fun.

Well, we would if the whole of the British Isles stop whining any time somebody tries to race him...

Oh come on now - that's not fair. Please don't lump all Brits in with Hamilton fans eh - we're quite different breeds. I supported Kubi's overtaking move earlier in this thread and now I feel cheated.

Now - I really should go to bed.

Last season, Kimi finished very strong and had more wins than anybody. This year Hamilton finished having earned less points in the last EIGHT races than a Renault. Do take a moment to consider that.

In 2006, MS broke down in Japan. Yet, Alonso was there with a capable drive and not lost in the pack uinable to fend off a Honda to then win the WDC in the last curve by absolute luck.

So by the same logic, Alonso and M Schumacher aren't as good as Jenson Button, who outscored both of them in the last 7/8 races of 2006 in an inferior car?

And if you think Hamilton won the WDC in the last corner, you're making yourself look even more stupid. Did you know there were 17 other races, or did you miss them? 98 points (or whatever it was) doesn't come around by luck you buffoon.

The tricky thing for you is that you know well what a phenomenal luck Hamilton had to have to get the WDC.

What phenomenal luck?!!!

You just need to embrace your new WDC and move on

I agree. People are jealous, bitter, and its amusing. Lews is the deserving champion, the right man won, and all his haters have to suck on that for at least a year.

Oh come on now - that's not fair. Please don't lump all Brits in with Hamilton fans eh - we're quite different breeds. I supported Kubi's overtaking move earlier in this thread and now I feel cheated.

Can I just ask why you, as a Brit, don't support a fellow brit. This really confuses me because I would have thought all Brits would support one of their own.

IMHO if one cannot support an individual from their own country in sport then that person has either lost a sense of their identity or doesn't feel that they belong.

I've always supported a British driver over and above others

Mansell

Hill

Button

Coulthard

Hamilton

I think us Brits need to demonstrate patriotism when we can.

Just my view

Do you even think before you type? Fettel kid is two and a half years younger than Hammy boy. Two and a half years ago Hammy was still driving in GP2, Fettel kid has already had a full season and a win behind him - so he has already had a chance in a race winning car. And you say he has had few opportunities? He is f$%king 21.

Your inability to distinguish a Toro Rosso from a McLaren leads you to also confuse the chance given to each, not to mention who of the two had an entire team at his feet from the get go.

Don't be thick. F1 championships are often decided on a knife edge, which means they could easily go either way between two or sometimes even three drivers. None of them may be deserving or undeserving. This is nothing unusual in F1. So stop pretending it is. These things usually balance out over a driver's career. Last year Hamilton almost won. This year he almost lost.

You are free to search the archives for a world championship that was won by fortune two curves to the flag after the guy that eventually won had lost it two laps back to an inferior car.

I await laughing.

sorry mate...you just dont get to the point do you? dont be blind...you judge all the championship by a mere of 2 laps...well done, very clever. so whatever you may say...HAMILTON is the CHAMP and take a look at the whole season...there are other more important things in life rather than trying to prove that because lewis couldnt pass vettel he is not a deserved champ. END OF TOPIC

What fun. Another lewisteric jumps in with nothing but fantasies.

Is Hamilton an (un)deserving champion? As much as Massa would've been.

Did Hamilton lose the championship on skill? Yep. When it matter most, he didn't have what it took even though he tried his hardest (these are, btw, Hamilton's very own words) and had a superior car.

Did Hamilton finally win on pure luck? In-freaking-deed.

Soory, my man, Hamilton was away with the WDC... humilliated. If he had stormed the race as, for example, Bayliss did in his last two races in SBK, now, taht would be quite another story. Unfortunately, Hamilton did not have what it takes when it matter most...

:lol: who are you trying to fool? - read my post again and find anything heroworshippy, or emotive that I said - I pride myself on being as objective as I can.

hmm - from your posts one wouldn't be alone in thinking you are emotionally attached to certain drivers, just in the negative, rather than positive sense.

It should be.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's not meant badly - even if defensively you may take it as such.

When I see people fighting themselves into a corner I kind of feel like I ought to do something about it. In this case, the best thing I can do is offer up some opinions that might hopefully open your eyes to what you're typing, before you actually type it. Like I said - I agree with what you said about the last laps, but all you're achieving here is making yourself look at best misguided and at worst, bitter. Wake up buddy and sign off on this one. It's going nowhere - if you can't see that by now, then there's no helping you. Now that this argument has spiralled out of control, you're trying to defend increasingly audacious derivisions of your line of argument and the Hamfisters are smelling blood - I'd hate for you to gift them another win after Sunday's. It's dangerous territory when we start extrapolating a driver's performance over 4 laps of one race in order to talk about the perceived lack of justification in his taking the title run over 18 races of 70 laps each - though that was obviously not your original point in this thread, it has come to be the point you've been backed into defending, and it's a point you'll never make stick. No matter what you say about Hamilton and McLaren, equal arguments could be made about the other drivers and teams at various points through the season and indeed in past years too.

Now I know, I'll probably get some sarcastic comeback. Something like "I don't need you to advise me" or some such quibble, but hey, why would I expect any different?

Interesting. I said I didn't think you are heroworshipper yet you understood the opposite.

Anyway, the whole issue about the "fighting" is, again, lost on me. I can see some emotions flying around and, sure, some (not all) of these guys are amusing when they freak out... but, a fight? I don't see how. It is true that, from day one, I've been insulted and my attempts to stay on track for an interesting conversation about racing constantly get derailed into laughing off personal attacks. But this is what the forum wants. So, hey, this is what they get... as long as I'm amused.

:lol: The only sorry thing about this place is that Maure's rants are the best thing we have to reply to these days. :(

Soory, my man, Hamilton was away with the WDC... humilliated. If he had stormed the race as, for example, Bayliss did in his last two races in SBK, now, taht would be quite another story. Unfortunately, Hamilton did not have what it takes when it matter most...

How did Bayliss perform when the championship was still at stake, though?

Get over yourself Piotr, this is yesterday's news - Lewis is WDC and your man choked and lost 3rd to the flyin fin :P

I think you do best when your arguing with gorgeous katy, you two definetely have something going on there ;)

Considering that Kubica gained 2 spots while Heidfeld lost two, and BMW sent him out on dry tires, I would suggest it was BMW that choked. Interestingly, Kubica stated his car was "identical" to that in China meaning no work was done before Interlagos. In contrast, McLaren spent $7,000,000 on Hamilton's car preparing it for the last race.

But enjoy it. Hamilton-Dennis-Daddy team won. This time.

It should be.

Sorry, You're right. I typed first "British press" but so many people do it on this forum that I changed it what I posted. Consider yourself vindicated and enjoy Hamilton's WDC

So by the same logic, Alonso and M Schumacher aren't as good as Jenson Button, who outscored both of them in the last 7/8 races of 2006 in an inferior car?

Alonso outscored Hamilton and everyone else in the last 8 races. That, in itself, does not make him better than anyone. However, when considered in the context of Alonso's career, it does help the notion that he is among the best two active drivers. The same goes for MS but times ten.

Regarding Button, he is one of the unsung heroes of F1. Good on you for bringing him up.

And if you think Hamilton won the WDC in the last corner, you're making yourself look even more stupid. Did you know there were 17 other races, or did you miss them? 98 points (or whatever it was) doesn't come around by luck you buffoon.

Insults. Sweet. Nothing like man when he loses his cool.

Well, Hamilton did lose the WDC when Vettel humiliated him on Brazil. Only pure chance gave Hamilton the championship.

Consider what would've happen if it had not started to rain again.

What phenomenal luck?!!!

Rain starting again on the last lap. Without it, Glock would've not slowed down as much.

I agree. People are jealous, bitter, and its amusing. Lews is the deserving champion, the right man won, and all his haters have to suck on that for at least a year.

You are angry and bitter. It is understandable considering how the season got resolved and, of course, your emotional involvement with F1 drivers.

Anyway, fun to see for lewisterics insulting. Bring it on.

:lol: The only sorry thing about this place is that Maure's rants are the best thing we have to reply to these days. :(

Then reply, buddy, don't hide away. Explain those "magical setups" and other handy excuses you've got. Let's have fun.

All that was explained to you before you even started this thread. Now we're all just enjoying the show: I hope you're enjoying it too, buddy. Deliberately pretending to be this daft is quite a performance, _even_ for you.

How did Bayliss perform when the championship was still at stake, though?

You mean when there were still plenty of races to decide the title?

In any case, Bayliss has just won his 3rd world championship with some 120 points over the runner up. Can you spot the difference?

Say, do you follow bikes or are you just digging around for something to say?

Then reply, buddy, don't hide away. Explain those "magical setups" and other handy excuses you've got. Let's have fun.

Are you contesting that is nigh on impossible for an uncompetitive team/car/driver to achieve (or even happen upon) a set up that works and makes them really competitive in a race or in certain conditions?

Considering that Kubica gained 2 spots while Heidfeld lost two, and BMW sent him out on dry tires, I would suggest it was BMW that choked. Interestingly, Kubica stated his car was "identical" to that in China meaning no work was done before Interlagos. In contrast, McLaren spent $7,000,000 on Hamilton's car preparing it for the last race.

But enjoy it. Hamilton-Dennis-Daddy team won. This time.

Tragic those $7,000,000 wasted when Murray swears that the McLaren was such piece of sht that even a Toro Rosso could scream by...

You mean when there were still plenty of races to decide the title?

In any case, Bayliss has just won his 3rd world championship with some 120 points over the runner up. Can you spot the difference?

Say, do you follow bikes or are you just digging around for something to say?

Did he not bring it home in 3rd place in the first race of the previous racing weekend to secure the championship and then go out and win the next race once the championship was secured?

All that was explained to you before you even started this thread. Now we're all just enjoying the show: I hope you're enjoying it too, buddy. Deliberately pretending to be this daft is quite a performance, _even_ for you.

When you get like this, it is impossible to tell what fantasy you are inmersed in.

Are you pretending that Hamilton won the GP of Brazil?

Are you pretending that Vettel never passed Hamilton?

Are you pretending that Hamilton could pass Vettel back but chose not to and left the WDC up to the changing weather?

Please tell us the status of your delusions...