Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

What's Not To Like

Bump for the 2008 WDC

:D

No matter how great he is, there would always be people to whine about him. Just like how we whine about Alonso. :D

Two more World Titles, that Mclaren is his! :D

I think most drivers are envious of Lewis! Not because of his ability, because I still think Jenson would give him a run for his money in a car as good as Lewis', but more they are envious of the fact he got into Mclaren and has had the best car for the past 2 seasons!

I think most drivers are envious of Lewis! Not because of his ability, because I still think Jenson would give him a run for his money in a car as good as Lewis', but more they are envious of the fact he got into Mclaren and has had the best car for the past 2 seasons!

True, they probably are. Don't see how that makes him a **** though.

Doesn't Make a difference Ben! :lol:

Live with it, He is a WDC and Jenson (Whom I wished had a good car) is still not one.

Keep whining or attacking him over and over again, he is only going to win more races. :P

Doesn't Make a difference Ben! :lol:

Live with it, He is a WDC and Jenson (Whom I wished had a good car) is still not one.

Keep whining or attacking him over and over again, he is only going to win more races. :P

But we have a problem here. We're not saying he's not WDC. We're saying we don't like him. And you are trying to somehow convince me that Hamilton being WDC has to change my opinion on him? No thanks xD

But we have a problem here. We're not saying he's not WDC. We're saying we don't like him. And you are trying to somehow convince me that Hamilton being WDC has to change my opinion on him? No thanks xD

Join him too! :P I am sure he will be nice to you. :D

This is precisely what confuses me with you new breed of f1 'fan' - F1 is NOT a popularity contest, it is about the skills employed by a driver to beat the other drivers and win a WDC - How people can judge a person without personally knowing them always puzzles me.

What is odd (to me) is when individuals allow their personal likeness of a driver to cloud their judgement when it comes to their ability in the car.

- Piquet was not a particularly nice person, but he was a great driver

- Ditto Senna

- Ditto Mansell

- Ditto Villeneuve

- Ditto Hunt

- Ditto Jones

- Ditto Lauda

- Ditto Alonso

I'm sure you get my drift, but they are legends because of their driving not their personalities.

Yep. Except that personalities seem to be surgically removed these days to allow the driver to become a bland facsimile of a real person, all the better to utter the corporate line.

Actually, I liked a number of the drivers on your list purely because they were stroppy gits.

Tough sh!t. Whilst Button was p!ssing his money up the wall and getting delusions of grandeur, buying yachts and getting whooped by Fisichella, Lewis had his head down, learning his craft, keeping his nose clean and earning those conquering McLarens. Now, Button wastes his money on contracts, still drives sh!tboxes and still gets beaten, but this time by a bald bloke in the late evening of his career.

You make your own luck.

Tough sh!t. Whilst Button was p!ssing his money up the wall and getting delusions of grandeur, buying yachts and getting whooped by Fisichella, Lewis had his head down, learning his craft, keeping his nose clean and earning those conquering McLarens. Now, Button wastes his money on contracts, still drives sh!tboxes and still gets beaten, but this time by a bald bloke in the late evening of his career.

You make your own luck.

amen

This is precisely what confuses me with you new breed of f1 'fan' - F1 is NOT a popularity contest, it is about the skills employed by a driver to beat the other drivers and win a WDC - How people can judge a person without personally knowing them always puzzles me.

What is odd (to me) is when individuals allow their personal likeness of a driver to cloud their judgement when it comes to their ability in the car.

- Piquet was not a particularly nice person, but he was a great driver

- Ditto Senna

- Ditto Mansell

- Ditto Villeneuve

- Ditto Hunt

- Ditto Jones

- Ditto Lauda

- Ditto Alonso

I'm sure you get my drift, but they are legends because of their driving not their personalities.

I've tried hard not to respond. But I can't. I'm too weak. :lol:

All of the above are ****ing great drivers. But they DID have personality, which carried through with their talent - made them drivers a cut above the rest.

Senna had a no-bulls##t attitude. He got things done.

Mansell was an amiable enough bloke, he was an arsehole on his day, but he never stopped trying.

Villeneuve was an arrogant twat, who I personally think on his day was better than his father.

Hunt had an attitude problem, loved women and alcohol.

Jones was an Aussie. They're Mr Personality wherever you go.

Lauda was very cunning and precise.

Alonso needs no description as I'm sure you are aware.

There is no denying that Lewis has personality. But he is marmite. You love him, or hate him. I like Marmite when it's not with butter. Lewis has too much butter. If you get my analogy?

But I would really like to know the purpose of this thread - after leaving (and be honest) did you come back to gloat? I'm not going to blame you if you did! I'd do the same if Button gets a good car.

It's the personality that drives the ambition. Rarely have there been great drivers with dull personalities. Talent scouts, take note; Arsehole= selfish and fast. The exception being Montoya, he was just an arsehole.

It's the personality that drives the ambition. Rarely have there been great drivers with dull personalities. Talent scouts, take note; Arsehole= selfish and fast. The exception being Montoya, he was just an arsehole.

=selfish and fat :)

Mind you he does have a very lovely wife so that makes him a teensy bit less of an arsehole..

Am I missing something? Seemed like a normal interview to me

Fed up gets his entire sense of self worth through Lewis, so it's a big deal for him..

There is no denying that Lewis has personality. But he is marmite. You love him, or hate him. I like Marmite when it's not with butter. Lewis has too much butter. If you get my analogy?

lovely analogy :D

And Ralf Schumacher.