Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Renault Confirm Unchanged Lineup For 2009

It was RD who first said that Alonso had contributed this or that to the development of the car.

In any case, no amount of "talking" in this regard will clarify if Alonso does help a team advance when the best arguments for/against it you guys can come it are "Alonso is a whiner threatening everyone at every moment".

Still, insulting is all you've got anyway so... bring it on. Let's get a laugh.

I'm happy. Fernando needs to stay at Renault. I don't know why but I like F1 more when he's there. I like Fernando and F1 less when he isn't there. I have no explanation for it other than it's for the good of me if he stays at Renault and the benefit of the forum if he leaves (as there will be less of me) :P

And I couldn't care less who his teammate is because no one can beat Fernando. After all, accents reign supreme in every aspect of everything.

Woo-hoo!!

I bet ecap is happy too!

Of course I am!

Now I find I will follow F1 at least two more seasons ;) (or until Renault quit)

Maybe I will change my nickname, something like NoRenaultNoF1 or a thing like that... B)

Now I almost hope that he wins next year's championship. If I didn't support Kimi I would really wholeheartedly hope so.

I have decided that I will cheer for anybody who goes up against Hamilton. Really this season Alonso has shown to me that he has grown up. He didn't complain about the team but just buckled down and drove. That was my biggest gripe all the time with him, now that that's over with, I hope at least it is, I don't really see a reason I can't be a fan. Hopefully 09 will have Alonso, Kubi, Massa and Kimi all going for the title in equally strong cars. Only problem then is who to support. Ferrari for the WCC of course, which is more important anyway, but driver wise I would not really have a favorite anymore. It would be like the Schumi Mika days all over again, sure I always went for Ferrari for the WCC but both of them were class act drivers so I never really cared who won in the end that much.

I have decided that I will cheer for anybody who goes up against Hamilton. Really this season Alonso has shown to me that he has grown up. He didn't complain about the team but just buckled down and drove. That was my biggest gripe all the time with him, now that that's over with, I hope at least it is, I don't really see a reason I can't be a fan. Hopefully 09 will have Alonso, Kubi, Massa and Kimi all going for the title in equally strong cars. Only problem then is who to support. Ferrari for the WCC of course, which is more important anyway, but driver wise I would not really have a favorite anymore. It would be like the Schumi Mika days all over again, sure I always went for Ferrari for the WCC but both of them were class act drivers so I never really cared who won in the end that much.

Ditto!

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did they keep Piquet???????

Because Grosjean or the other youngster would just be another huge gamble and probably wouldnt do any better than Piquet did. Anyway, in his 2nd season I expect him to be more solid

Because Grosjean or the other youngster would just be another huge gamble and probably wouldnt do any better than Piquet did. Anyway, in his 2nd season I expect him to be more solid

Indeed.

Piquet is a stiff, but Renault and Alonso could be the surprise next year.

The development of the car was amazing this year. Love or hate him, Alonso can develop a car.

The development of the car was amazing this year. Love or hate him, Alonso can develop a car.

Yup, he and maybe the Renault team helped a bit :P

Welcome to the forums :)

FA: "I'll stay and drive your poxy French sh!tboxes, as long as you keep the good looking but slow one".

Renault: "Sign here".

:lol: so, so true

next year they might be so Sh#t though - then piquet can crash at real speed.

Seemingly. But maybe appearances are deceptive; it might be Symonds et al who are the skilled developers. Either way, I would love to see Alonso in a front running Renault next year. The prospect of Lewis and him going head to head with equal machinary is mouth watering. No......hang on....that already happened. Lewis kicked his hairy petulant arse.

next year they might be so Sh#t though - then piquet can crash at real speed.

:lol:

Welcome to TF1!

I must disagree with you though. To credit Alonso with the development of the car is to insult the hundreds of staff who must've worked their butts off to improve the car. Alonso just drove it and provided technical feedback, like any other driver.

Welcome to TF1!

I must disagree with you though. To credit Alonso with the development of the car is to insult the hundreds of staff who must've worked their butts off to improve the car. Alonso just drove it and provided technical feedback, like any other driver.

I must disagree with you though. No driver could make such great feedback as Alonso did... Fisichella?, Kovalainen?...nah...

I must disagree with you though. No driver could make such great feedback as Alonso did... Fisichella?, Kovalainen?...nah...

Exactly! I will admit that Alonso is the best and most complete driver in the field. He has a similar talent to schumacher that he is great at directing the engineers where to develop the car.

Obviously Alonso wouldnt have the knowledge to know how to fix the problems technically so Im not saying he alone develops the car because thats where the engineers come in to work that bit out. Alonso just drives the car and knows where all the problems are and knows where the engineers should be looking for improvement and how they could do it. Rather than the driver saying "the car understeers alot....fix it."

This means they could find the solution much quicker and more efficiently rather than trying to find it themselves and doing alot more guess work. I think that explains Renaults immense developing rate this season when having Alonso onboard.

This is just a theory of mine and i could be wrong, but there is no doubt the guy knows how to improve a car.

The prospect of Lewis and him going head to head with equal machinary is mouth watering. No......hang on....that already happened. Lewis kicked his hairy petulant arse.

Drinking again? :lol:

Yeah... if we don't take into consideration FIA's decissions, the fact McLaren gave Lewis the best strategies and full support (i still remember that sentence from RD "we was not racing Kimi, we were racing Fernando"), some incredible differences in the performances of the cars in the last races where Lewis's car was suddenly between 0.5 and a whole second quicker per lap than Fernando's and hot laps in the Q3 with used tyres (because the team thought they could perform better) we could easily consider that Lewis (by grabbing exactly the same amount of wins and points than Fernando) kicked Fernando's petulant arse... I couldn't agree more :blahblah1:

Piquet is a very lucky boy,

cos hes been nothing less than sh*t this season!

Why dont Renault get someone who can actually finish a race? Also someone who can help with mass amount of experience and help develop the car? Eg: Rubens? Webber?

Renault really dont need some young hot shot when they have Alonso (the god) on board :P

Because not much driver can do the same as he did in Singapore in order to get Renault Season first win.

Seriously I know that Renault would keep him with them after that incident.

Tho i felt Alonso deserves the win

Welcome to TF1!

Even when i don't agree with you (i think Fernando's probably the best at developing cars, just as Schumacher was) i think you have a point. Renault deserves a lot of credit, for sure more than Fernando.

Drinking again? :lol:

Yeah... if we don't take into consideration FIA's decissions, the fact McLaren gave Lewis the best strategies and full support (i still remember that sentence from RD "we was not racing Kimi, we were racing Fernando"), some incredible differences in the performances of the cars in the last races where Lewis's car was suddenly between 0.5 and a whole second quicker per lap than Fernando's and hot laps in the Q3 with used tyres (because the team thought they could perform better) we could easily consider that Lewis (by grabbing exactly the same amount of wins and points than Fernando) kicked Fernando's petulant arse... I couldn't agree more :blahblah1:

I agree with the 'blah blah' bit. Oh, and the bit about me drinking. :lol:

Yes for sure he probably provides excellent feedback, but that doesnt mean he should take the credit for improving the car. He doesnt design and build the new parts or spend his days in the windtunnel does he?

Yes for sure he probably provides excellent feedback, but that doesnt mean he should take the credit for improving the car. He doesnt design and build the new parts or spend his days in the windtunnel does he?

Of course not my dear jems... but he can guide the engineers the right path to solve car problems... something that nobody could do before.

No Alonso means Honda need to get their skates on now or fail. Jens is no car developer, he's just quick and smooth in the right ride. Senna and di Grassi are extremly mediocre and certainly not ready for an F1 drive - Flabio would have kept di Grassi and RBR would have gone for Senna if they were. JB was right to disapprove of any move to release Rubihno in what, without doubt is the most important season of Honda's F1 career to date. I believe RB is as competitive as ever and one of the best technical minds in the paddock. Alonso can take the title next year, if he and Renault can get the car right. I believe that. On the other hand, Brawn may have an ulterior motive in all of this. BMW and Honda are way ahead of the rest with KERS development and a lightweight, mid 60 kgs driver like JB is an ace card in getting the weight distribution of the 09 car right. RB is a little more porky and certainly not as trim as Senna or di Grassi. Genius works in strange ways.

Yes good post. Jens always seems a little lost when it comes to car setup and Rubens is proving competitive (they don't want another Sato). Hopefully Renault won't get their car right - I tend to think McLaren/Ferrari, BMW, Renault will be the pecking order again, as it was early on this season. Regarding KERS, I thought I heard Brawn saying on many tracks it won't give that much, except at the start, because it adversely affects the car's weight distribution. Good article on Autosport about it, if anyone's interested.

I have decided that I will cheer for anybody who goes up against Hamilton.

Can't relate to that.

Really this season Alonso has shown to me that he has grown up. He didn't complain about the team but just buckled down and drove. That was my biggest gripe all the time with him,...

I don't see this change.

Alonso said so many times that the Reanult was a lemon that eventually Briatore came out and replied that not all mistakes could be blamed on the car... which is true and noteworthy when you consider how much they've tried in Renault to pamper Alonso.

Yep. I don't see a change... but I never saw a problem to begin with in this regard. It's not uncommon for drivers to blame their cars... whether it applies or not.