Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Renault Confirm Unchanged Lineup For 2009

Piquet is a stiff, but Renault and Alonso could be the surprise next year.

The development of the car was amazing this year. Love or hate him, Alonso can develop a car.

Reanult could be a surprise but not because of Alonso per se.

The change of regulations gives a little room for this kind of thing. Even if Renault or someelse can make it happen, once things settle down, the top teams will be the same as we've seen for years. There is very little room to manouver innovation-wise to really upset the pecking order.

Seemingly. But maybe appearances are deceptive; it might be Symonds et al who are the skilled developers. Either way, I would love to see Alonso in a front running Renault next year. The prospect of Lewis and him going head to head with equal machinary is mouth watering. No......hang on....that already happened. Lewis kicked his hairy petulant arse.

Insults hurled at Alonso.

Nothing new and gladly accepted by the forum.

Of course not my dear jems... but he can guide the engineers the right path to solve car problems... something that nobody could do before.

Nobody?

Do you mean to say nobody before Alonso? Without further qualification, my friend, it sounds preposterous.

Nobody?

Do you mean to say nobody before Alonso? Without further qualification, my friend, it sounds preposterous.

You always attack posts, rarely have I seen you actually agree with a poster. Arrogance suits you

I will judge Piquet after the first half of the next season as he had a good career back racing in GP2. Who knows, next year the rules may suit his driving more than Alonso. FB retaining FA must have been the toughest ever task undertaken by him. :P

Exactly! I will admit that Alonso is the best and most complete driver in the field. He has a similar talent to schumacher that he is great at directing the engineers where to develop the car.

Obviously Alonso wouldnt have the knowledge to know how to fix the problems technically so Im not saying he alone develops the car because thats where the engineers come in to work that bit out. Alonso just drives the car and knows where all the problems are and knows where the engineers should be looking for improvement and how they could do it. Rather than the driver saying "the car understeers alot....fix it."

This means they could find the solution much quicker and more efficiently rather than trying to find it themselves and doing alot more guess work. I think that explains Renaults immense developing rate this season when having Alonso onboard.

This is just a theory of mine and i could be wrong, but there is no doubt the guy knows how to improve a car.

Possibly the best post I have ever read in my entire life. :cheers:

I would love to see Alonso in a front running Renault next year. The prospect of Lewis and him going head to head with equal machinary is mouth watering.

you were my new best friend until this :nono1:

No......hang on....that already happened. Lewis kicked his hairy petulant arse.

Piquet is a stiff, but Renault and Alonso could be the surprise next year.

The development of the car was amazing this year. Love or hate him, Alonso can develop a car.

Welcome to the forum!

Exactly! I will admit that Alonso is the best and most complete driver in the field. He has a similar talent to schumacher that he is great at directing the engineers where to develop the car.

Obviously Alonso wouldnt have the knowledge to know how to fix the problems technically so Im not saying he alone develops the car because thats where the engineers come in to work that bit out. Alonso just drives the car and knows where all the problems are and knows where the engineers should be looking for improvement and how they could do it. Rather than the driver saying "the car understeers alot....fix it."

This means they could find the solution much quicker and more efficiently rather than trying to find it themselves and doing alot more guess work. I think that explains Renaults immense developing rate this season when having Alonso onboard.

This is just a theory of mine and i could be wrong, but there is no doubt the guy knows how to improve a car.

Could not have said it better myself!

Yes good post. Jens always seems a little lost when it comes to car setup and Rubens is proving competitive (they don't want another Sato). Hopefully Renault won't get their car right - I tend to think McLaren/Ferrari, BMW, Renault will be the pecking order again, as it was early on this season. Regarding KERS, I thought I heard Brawn saying on many tracks it won't give that much, except at the start, because it adversely affects the car's weight distribution. Good article on Autosport about it, if anyone's interested.

Rumour has it that Williams could be the dark horse of 2009...

Rumour has it that Williams could be the dark horse of 2009...

To be honest, they have been hyping about Williams and Nico during every winter and first race during every season! :P

Nobody?

No...nobody...

Renault + Alonso ... winners (at least fighters)

Renault + Anybody ... nowhere

and... I'm really glad I dont know the meaning of "preposterous" :P

You always attack posts, rarely have I seen you actually agree with a poster. Arrogance suits you

What an absurd thing to say. Check my posts before you try to "attack" me like this...

No...nobody...

Renault + Alonso ... winners (at least fighters)

Renault + Anybody ... nowhere

and... I'm really glad I dont know the meaning of "preposterous" :P

My point is that you cannot say that nobody but Alonso can make those contributions to a team... if he does do them to begin with.

No real surprise in this pairing remaining the same.

Alonso would not want a threat to him and Piquet is now a more known quantity to the team than a GP2 rookie.

I bet Williams will be the second worst team in 2009 by the way.

Because not much driver can do the same as he did in Singapore in order to get Renault Season first win.

Seriously I know that Renault would keep him with them after that incident.

Tho i felt Alonso deserves the win

This is what i said last year