Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Countdown To The 2009 Season

It's hockey season, and the Bruins are 8-3-3, 6-1-0 in their last 7, and first in the Northeast Divison. Never been more fun to watch. I love ice hockey more than any other non-motor sport, I just am a fair weather fan at times. So I don't really mind that there is no racing for a while.

That gives Kimi time to recover from his hangover :P

Im sure the boy will come good next year after a below par 2008, if not...

he should retire and open a few night clubs.

It's hockey season, and the Bruins are 8-3-3, 6-1-0 in their last 7, and first in the Northeast Divison.

I have no idea what any of that means.. :huh:

why cant you just stick with a simple sport like football (soccer if you live in the USn'A).

why cant you just stick with a simple sport like football (soccer if you live in the USn'A).

8-3-3 means they have won 8 games, lost 3, and lost 3 in overtime (all hockey games in the NHL end with a winner, if it's tied they do a shootout, kind of like PK's in a big football match, except they don't play extra time, they just go straight to the shootout). 6-1-0 means they won 6, lost 1, and have no overtime losses.

I like soccer a bit, but I wish they'd score just a little more. Not too much more, but just a little. I like hockey because the winning team will get 3-5 goals usually, so it's just enough to be exciting without being mundane (like basketball, where they score way too much). The other thing I like about hockey is it's a little more fast-paced. But soccer's a good game, too. I wish they had more coverage in the USA of European games because the MLS lacks "star power."

I was counting on you to hoard up on the beers man...

Start drinking now, until march? It depends how many threads maure starts.

I'm the best! :D

Wait, wrong thread..

....and wrong answer. I'm the best, of course.

and the Bruins are 8-3-3, 6-1-0 in their last 7

Ah OK, let me explain.

A Bruin is a bear. 6-1-0 is the international police call sign for "in the" (e.g. there's a 5-3-3 (Burglar) 6-1-0 (in the) 27 (House)). The last 7 refers to the last 7 remaining hardwood forests in North America. And 8-3-3 is an ASCI code on your PC. The symbol that this produces if you type it resembles the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic for... er.... poo.

So putting it all together, indeed Bears do s##t in the Woods :D

Sorry, but Meanioni is right. That post he made up there really does make him the best.

But that makes YOU the best for recognising it. And for recognising that, means I am the best. :lol:

Ehm... 2009! Yee-ha.

Well, now I'm the best because the Bruins are now 9-3-3 and 7-1-0 in the last 8 which therefore makes Meanioni's great post void, disqualifying him from the running for the best. And because I have 18 more accounts than you do I am now the best.

OK,guys, you (and Katy H.) have over 100 days to come to realization that :

1) I am always right

2) my posts are brilliant

3) Poles are the best at anything they take seriously (except maybe soccer, and we came damn close in 1974 and 1982, and WRC - but we'll take Dakar Rally this year - no prob) - see ski jump and now we are getting serious about F1

4) I am definitely the best (or so used to say my wife, but she stopped for an unknown reason 5-6 years ago...)

5) OK, HOW many days now??????

OK,guys, you (and Katy H.) have over 100 days to come to realization that :

1) I am always right

2) my posts are brilliant

3) Poles are the best at anything they take seriously (except maybe soccer, and we came damn close in 1974 and 1982, and WRC - but we'll take Dakar Rally this year - no prob) - see ski jump and now we are getting serious about F1

4) I am definitely the best (or so used to say my wife, but she stopped for an unknown reason 5-6 years ago...)

5) OK, HOW many days now??????

Since you have obviously lost your mind allready. There are 132 days 3 hours left for Free PRactice. Hope this brings some solace

1) I am always right-No

2) my posts are brilliant-No

3) Poles are the best at anything they take seriously (except maybe soccer, and we came damn close in 1974 and 1982, and WRC - but we'll take Dakar Rally this year - no prob) - see ski jump and now we are getting serious about F1-no comment

4) I am definitely the best (or so used to say my wife, but she stopped for an unknown reason 5-6 years ago...)-No

5) OK, HOW many days now??????-132 I think

1) I am always right-No

2) my posts are brilliant-No

3) Poles are the best at anything they take seriously (except maybe soccer, and we came damn close in 1974 and 1982, and WRC - but we'll take Dakar Rally this year - no prob) - see ski jump and now we are getting serious about F1-no comment

4) I am definitely the best (or so used to say my wife, but she stopped for an unknown reason 5-6 years ago...)-No

5) OK, HOW many days now??????-132 I think

That's just jelaousy speaking - you KNOW I'm right....

Since you have obviously lost your mind allready. There are 132 days 3 hours left for Free PRactice. Hope this brings some solace

Nor quite, but as somebody mentioned, I don't think I can go on for 4 month+ without starting an argument, so...

6) Top Gear guys are egomaniacal idiots with nary a common sense or knowledge. I mean, they had Loooooouise errr... Lewis.. on one of their programs, fer Christmas sake...

Nor quite, but as somebody mentioned, I don't think I can go on for 4 month+ without starting an argument, so...

6) Top Gear guys are egomaniacal idiots with nary a common sense or knowledge. I mean, they had Loooooouise errr... Lewis.. on one of their programs, fer Christmas sake...

Mark Wahlberg is gonna be the guest in tonight's episode, beat that Lewis :P !

Awww I always knew you loved me!! (urgh)

Anyways timing of testing today so far:

1. T. Sato Toro Rosso STR3 1:20.763 58 pit

2. S. Buemi Toro Rosso STR3 1:21.071 +0.308 61 pit

3. A. Wurz Honda RA106 1:21.198 +0.435 38 pit

4. P. de la Rosa McLaren MP4-23 1:21.417 +0.654 29 pit

5. G. Paffett McLaren MP4-23 1:22.289 +1.526 23 pit

6. R. Kubica BMW Sauber F1.08 1:22.899 +2.136 36 pit

7. N. Piquet Jr. Renault R28 1:23.386 +2.623 51 pit

8. L. Badoer Ferrari F2008K 1:23.515 +2.752 40 pit

9. C. Klien BMW Sauber F1.08 1:23.685 +2.922 25 pit

10. N. H