Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

World Diabetes Day

I havent told you...

I have three weeks with the desease, my life has changed a lot since that day... I feel quite sad.

the good news is that I have lost weight... ha.

have a great day. :byebye:

by the way today is the World Diabetes day...cheers.

Hey Eduardo, sorry to hear that, good luck. My Uncle has been diabetic for most of his life. He has had to make compromises but he's convinced he's healthier than he would have been if he wasn't diabetic.

Really sorry to hear that, Eduardo, but I'm sure you'll be ok. Like Steve, I had a diabetic relative (my gran) who simply saw the condition as a different way of living. And she lived a looooong life. And a happy one. Chin up, as people think we say.

Eduardo, why the hell are you worried? many of the Indians (as long as they are in India itself :P ) are prone to Diabetes, and I have so many relatives who have it, actually, they don't suffer at all, they just have to make some compromises on their rich food lifestyle. I am sure you won't die because of it, as MG said, you can live long, if lucky longer, don't worry, you can be the mod for another hundred years. Cheer up, I have been in worse situation luckly I have been cured, boy I don't want to talk about it :D . Take care, enjoy.

Cheer up, I have been in worse situation luckly I have been cured, boy I don't want to talk about it

Was that your 'Coulthard fan' phase?

Was that your 'Coulthard fan' phase?

:D well, I admit I did support DC once, when I knew my (then) favourite driver MH wouldn't win the WDC that year. :P

:D well, I admit I did support DC once, when I knew my (then) favourite driver MH wouldn't win the WDC that year. :P

Old 'cry baby' was all tired and washed up by then. Michael only had 'the chin' to play with.

Aw bless you ecap. But you're still a great person and even better you are a true Alonso fan!

My niece suffers with diabetes but she still has a fulfilling life - she's 19 and just about to go on a road trip to America with her friends and my man's grandmother suffers with it too but she's 77 next year and still eats a cake or two.

Of course your life will change a little to enable you to deal with your illness but at the same time you are still you. The same people still love you and that will never change.

Aw bless you ecap. But you're still a great person and even better you are a true Alonso fan!

My niece suffers with diabetes but she still has a fulfilling life - she's 19 and just about to go on a road trip to America with her friends and my man's grandmother suffers with it too but she's 77 next year and still eats a cake or two.

Of course your life will change a little to enable you to deal with your illness but at the same time you are still you. The same people still love you and that will never change.

Apart from the sweet shop owner.

I'm a type 2 Eduardo, it's not much of a bother to change a few bad habits and get your blood sugar levels down, I went from high 180's to now just over 90-100 and have lost 15lbs in the process. Good luck mi amigo.

Thank you everybody!!!!

I have diabetes 2 too... (what a pair of sweet moderators you have ahhh?) :lol:

everything is getting normal now...no more sugar for sure, and a new (and healthy) life to live.

my glucose levels have decreased to quite normal levels...but when I got the crisis I got 324!

I was scared... now I am ready to go on. ^_^

what a pair of sweet moderators you have ahhh?

:lol:

Probably everyone should cut down on sugar so you might end up being healthier as a result of all this, although I imagine it will be a pest at first. All the very best, Eduardo. :)

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread whilst having a chuffin big muffin................the cake I hasten to add.

I hope you are ok, Eduardo and would venture a guess that it won't be too long before your present diet seems as natural as you're previous regime :lol: