Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

Okay guys, we all love cars, and some guys like Steve love bikes and some guys like Eric loves the Lawn movers, George loves lorries. But this is about cars, rather than referring to the suggestions made by some so called expert journalist here at TF1 you have the chance to express which cars you find the most beautiful. Ignore the technical aspects, as some of the most beautiful cars are flawed (example, Miura). The cars can be any small cars to concepts. If possible please tell what is it that you like the most in you favourite cars. You can have as many cars you want in your favourite list, no limits. 1-10000000000. Don't feel shy to let us know even if it is a pink Audi.

I think this has to be the 1985 Mitsubishi Colt:

800px-Mitsubishi_Colt_1985.jpg

And to answer seriously for a moment, the Mazda Cosmo 110 Sport. My favourite looking car ever.

800px-Mazda_cosmo_sport.jpg

Good ones guys! Common, bring more.

Ok Here are two that I like a lot. One I already have and one I would like to get! can you guess which is which!

post-897-1226781731_thumb.jpg

post-897-1226781836_thumb.jpg

For Shaliq's sake, I'll actually make a serious post.

Modern cars I like:

09 CTS-V

Corvette C6

Saleen Mustang GT Dan Gurney Edition

Saleen S7

Holden Ute

Holden Commodore SS

2008 Ford Falcon

2008 Ford Falcon Ute

Ford GT40

Acura RSX (basically same as my car)

There are more modern ones than that, but that's all I feel like doing. Some old ones later.

And an embarrassing one:

Mitsubishi Mighty Max

Okay, fine, it isn't the least bit beautiful. In fact, it's hideous. But that was one hell of a pickup. Small enough to get 30 mpg and have some zip with a 4-banger, but big enough you could put some stuff in the back when you needed to. They don't make pickups like that anymore...

For Shaliq's sake, I'll actually make a serious post.

Modern cars I like:

09 CTS-V

Corvette C6

Saleen Mustang GT Dan Gurney Edition

Saleen S7

Holden Ute

Holden Commodore SS

2008 Ford Falcon

2008 Ford Falcon Ute

Ford GT40

Acura RSX (basically same as my car)

There are more modern ones than that, but that's all I feel like doing. Some old ones later.

And an embarrassing one:

Mitsubishi Mighty Max

Okay, fine, it isn't the least bit beautiful. In fact, it's hideous. But that was one hell of a pickup. Small enough to get 30 mpg and have some zip with a 4-banger, but big enough you could put some stuff in the back when you needed to. They don't make pickups like that anymore...

Ah, thanks! :D , interesting actually, as I considered Saleen as an ugly car, but people who have seen it informed me that I must see it in flesh! I love the vette.

For me, nothing beat the original GT40 MK1. In Gulf Racing livery. As well done as the new GT is, it will still never be the same unrefined beast as it once was.

1968_Ford_GT40Mk1Gulf2.jpg

Another on my list is the Lotus 23b.

800px-1965Lotus23b.jpg

[quote name='james' post='276669' date='Nov 15 2008, 05:49 PM']For me, nothing beat the original GT40 MK1. In Gulf Racing livery. As well done as the new GT is, it will still never be the same unrefined beast as it once was.
[img]http://www.supercars.net/carpics/691/1968_Ford_GT40Mk1Gulf2.jpg[/img]

Another on my list is the Lotus 23b.
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/1965Lotus23b.jpg/800px-1965Lotus23b.jpg[/img][/quote]
Yeh I love the GT40 too. Original or remake I don't care, they are both beautiful cars. I also like the Jag C type but of course all these cars are all way out of my league (unless I win the lottery) :lol:

of course there so many

most any Triumph sports carTr3 Tr4 Tr5 etc.

the 1955 BRM looking like it was made from leftover aircraft parts.

and the mazda rx8

post-897-1226797331_thumb.jpg

post-897-1226797352_thumb.jpg

post-897-1226797373_thumb.jpg

Well, for me, the best looking cars have to be:

I used to have a poster of one of these when I was a teenager (although they are supposed to be horrible to drive - who cares?!) Lamborghini Countach.

A bit of retro. Not normally a fan of Lancia but the Stratos was pretty awesome.

Torn on this one as I like the F40 too, but the Ferrari F50 beat it by a nose.

post-2532-1226827810_thumb.jpg

Lot of people don't like them, but I do like the look of the original McLaren F1 (although having heard them in Le Mans, the engine noise at high revs made your ears want to bleed....)

The Jaguar E220 was pretty cool.

You know, Shaliq, I just noticed the part about me and lawn mowers. And I'm not going to let you walk over my childhood like that. Odd story from my youth:

When I was a young kid, like 4 years old, I loved anything with a steering wheel. Not with an engine, just a steering wheel. I wanted to drive and for whatever reason I associated that more with driving than motors (probably because my dad always had a 4-banger). So, my grandma lived with us at the time and she had to get her hair done (she had an afro) every week at the salon in the mall. My sister and I were too young to stay home alone, and since my grandma couldn't drive, my mom had to go with her. So we went too. And every week I always made sure we went into Sears so I could sit on the ride-on lawn mowers and pretend to drive them and all the weird old ladies would comment "Oh, how cute, he's gunna be a farmer when he grows up!" (To which my mom laughed because she knew I was going to be a NASCAR driver, which clearly is what I ended up being...not).

So don't you be dissing my lawn mowers, Shaliq, or I'll start getting tough on your ponies ;)

Of all the many beautiful and/or classic designs out there, I'm going to be selfish and say the Chevron B16.

Emotive for me because it's where I worked as a 16 yr old apprentice, but of all the cars we made, this was sex on wheels....

post-1536-1226856238_thumb.jpg

Chris, did you have the one of the female tennis player scratching her arse? Or maybe a kitten in a boot from Athena?

For me, this is Salma Hayek on wheels. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming away from this works Jag' E'Type lightweight at Goodwood this year. I want it so bad. Oh, and yes, I like my bikes but my first love will always be cars. :D

GoodwoodRevival21-09-08001.jpg

You know, Shaliq, I just noticed the part about me and lawn mowers. And I'm not going to let you walk over my childhood like that. Odd story from my youth:

When I was a young kid, like 4 years old, I loved anything with a steering wheel. Not with an engine, just a steering wheel. I wanted to drive and for whatever reason I associated that more with driving than motors (probably because my dad always had a 4-banger). So, my grandma lived with us at the time and she had to get her hair done (she had an afro) every week at the salon in the mall. My sister and I were too young to stay home alone, and since my grandma couldn't drive, my mom had to go with her. So we went too. And every week I always made sure we went into Sears so I could sit on the ride-on lawn mowers and pretend to drive them and all the weird old ladies would comment "Oh, how cute, he's gunna be a farmer when he grows up!" (To which my mom laughed because she knew I was going to be a NASCAR driver, which clearly is what I ended up being...not).

So don't you be dissing my lawn mowers, Shaliq, or I'll start getting tough on your ponies ;)

:lol: , everything has a begning Eric! The car which I drove first was a Triumph Herald. actually, my driver just let me steer it! You know I couldnt reach the pedals. From then I kept jumping at every chance I got. I wonder what George must be doing. :D

Oh, ponies are better than mules! :P

Interesting Mika, because you prove that guys at your generation grow up watching cars of today. I personally don't like the Phantom,

Furai was a stunning concept, but I pity that they couldnt produce the spoiler that they intended to make on the real prototype!

Mazda 6 is a beauty,

F50! :D NO NO for me!

LP 560 Is the current most beautiful super car!

That is the pic of me inbetween to Lps!