Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

Some of the most beautiful (the ones that I could find pics, at least) I found that I am anything but original in my tastes, as most of the pics I found were in posts about, you guessed it: the most beautiful cars.

Hispano Suiza (When I was a kid I had on eof those books about vintage cars. I loved the Hispano Suiza models above any other)

1937hispanosuizadubonnetxeniaue6.jpg

Chrysler Atlantic. A beauty.

1955_chrysler_atlantic.jpg

Bond. What else?

AstonMartin.jpg

When I wasn't drooling over Bond's car (I was too young to enjoy the Bond girls) I was always intrigued by this car (we watched many French movies). It seemed so different. Later I learnt just how revolutionary it was. Oh, it's a Citroen DS, by the way. History never made enough justice to this car.

CitroenDS.jpg

Damn Brits and their damn beautiful Jaguars! :P

JauguarE.jpg

Fangio, of course. Many would have chosen the Mercedes, or the Ferraris. I'll go for the Masseratti 250F. The reason? Nurburgring, 1957. Ask DOF about the most thrilling race of all times.

Masseratti250F.jpg

more to follow...

Another Italian-Argentinian tribute. Pagani Zonda.

PaganiZonda.jpg

My all time favorite. Pick your version. Porsche 911

Porsche911.jpg

Best super car of all times. Sheer beauty and power. King of Le Mans. Her Majesty the Porsche 917

porsche_917_k_01.jpg

EVerybody loves this one. Me too. Bugatti Veyron

veyron_10.jpg

Renault couldn't be left out could they? I lovoe them all :wub: Of course, you have one in my Avatar. I know they don't look all fancy and such. I love this Laguna.

renaultlagunaestate.jpg

Ah Andres I have spotted a common theme. All of your favourite cars have large wheels compared to the size of the body and rounded appearance.

I think I have found the ideal vehicle for you, based upon this (indeed, you may even own or use one of these already....)

http://www.nyssatractor.com/images/main/tractors.jpg

The clue is in the link...... :D

Ah Andres I have spotted a common theme. All of your favourite cars have large wheels compared to the size of the body and rounded appearance.

I think I have found the ideal vehicle for you, based upon this (indeed, you may even own or use one of these already....)

http://www.nyssatractor.com/images/main/tractors.jpg

The clue is in the link...... :D

And it's a John Deere! :wub:

Wait... :eusa_think:

p5bcoupe1.jpg

Rover P5B Coupe. Gorgeousness and woody goodness.

jag420g.jpg

Jaguar 420G. A cartoon made metal.

Marcos3litre1969.jpg

1969 Marcos GT. Plywood and plastic in perfect harmony.

gtcside.jpg

Well, I like it.

I love those old Citroens from the Tintin books:

656023899_0c5b37c9c8.jpg

The original Mustang is also a classic:

DSC27212.preview.jpg

Worst looking car for me would be this:

409914712_c135554502.jpg

After 2004 the Mustang was ruined. I wish they'd just let it die in peace.

Glad you like the P5, Russ. Have often thought it might be quite nice to drop in an Overfinch 5.0 with a five speed box and fit the SD1 Vitesse axle and brakes. How cool would that be? You could act like a gentleman and a hooligan!

Yeah, I don't mind racing the Innova if only others were bold enough to come out with theirs! :P

GM is a funny company, I really don't know how they remained the world number one! :D

Is it because most of the people who brought their cars were dumb back then?

Or is it because most of the people are becoming clever! :D

Oh well Eric, You know I wish I had the money to even buy me a suit to visit a Mercedes showroom! ;)

GM was number one buy selling rental cars and other "commercial" vehicles, as well as trucks. Most of their sales were lame Malibus no one wanted that they unloaded to Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, etc.

Another tidbit about GM: there's a Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealer right by here, pass it on the way to work every day. I keep track, because I have no life, of their sales by just doing rough estimations. Sales since January 1, 2008...I can count two. They sold a G8 and a Vibe. That's it. Sales are so good, in fact, a 2002 Pontiac Aztec (ugliest car EVER MADE), is in the lot. And it's not used. It has been there for 6 years. Not sure how, but it's hidden off the back with the gas-guzzlers and it still says new on it. And, the best part of it all is that they have a little display in the front corner of the lot showing off their best vehicles...a used Nissan Maxima and a Nissan Versa are there, taking priority over the new GM cars. Ouch.

(I really have it in for GM...)

:lol: Yeah, I tried to get into the Ferrari dealership near here but they wouldn't let me, so I had to look from the Wal-Mart parking lot next door.

656023899_0c5b37c9c8.jpg

DSC27212.preview.jpg

409914712_c135554502.jpg

How right you are, Oliver (sort of). The Citroens and old Stangs rock, and that is a very gaudy rendition of the Stang there. I do like the current regular non boyracer one.

BUT. The Stang is ruined.

2010 Stang revealed

I don't like it. Why did Ford have to get all American on us and stick cheap plastic cladding all over the grille and front. Blech.

It's the only way you'll ever pull a bird Andres :harhar:

Bah, no respect for the elderly these days!

Well Atleast he didn't say "It's the only way you'll ever pull a OLD bird" He gives hope...

But i agree with Andres, choice. Except the Reno, that was the only bad choice. Now, put an Enzo there and the list is quite complete...

GM was number one buy selling rental cars and other "commercial" vehicles, as well as trucks. Most of their sales were lame Malibus no one wanted that they unloaded to Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, etc.

Another tidbit about GM: there's a Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealer right by here, pass it on the way to work every day. I keep track, because I have no life, of their sales by just doing rough estimations. Sales since January 1, 2008...I can count two. They sold a G8 and a Vibe. That's it. Sales are so good, in fact, a 2002 Pontiac Aztec (ugliest car EVER MADE), is in the lot. And it's not used. It has been there for 6 years. Not sure how, but it's hidden off the back with the gas-guzzlers and it still says new on it. And, the best part of it all is that they have a little display in the front corner of the lot showing off their best vehicles...a used Nissan Maxima and a Nissan Versa are there, taking priority over the new GM cars. Ouch.

(I really have it in for GM...)

:lol: Yeah, I tried to get into the Ferrari dealership near here but they wouldn't let me, so I had to look from the Wal-Mart parking lot next door.

Yes Eric, I was all Marketing stuffs, anyways cleverly done, but the strength of the consumer spending was over estimated, a way too much I say. If they had learnt a lesson or two from Gulf war (oil crisis), they would have remained world number one for more time to come. They forgot the times when they had powered cars literally with agricultural stuffs, where as other manufacturers spent time, money and energy in developing effecient and clever engines, your Honda/Acura is a fine example. They spent energy in convincing the consumers that bigger the boot, the better for them, where as people who brought them only used them to keep their sneekers after they left the gym.

Its no use talking about the past mistakes, its time to move on, I see light in American auto industry, TESLA! I know they are struggling, but Amercan Govt shouldn't just provide them with pennies, but lotsa facilities like Indian Govt provides for car manufacturers to start a manufacturing facilities. I hope Tesla starts racing to show what electric power is really capable of. I will miss the internal combustion engines but good things don't last.

I hope to be visiting the Ferrari Meusium this december. Go to Germany if you want to see how good cars can be, go to Japan to see how clever cars can be, go to India if you want to see how bad cars can be :D , go to Britan to see what great cars they made (I am expecting a huge backlash for this) :D , go to France to see how wierd cars can be but there is only one place on this planet if you want to see how beautiful cars can be, Italy!

I guess some of you are making very good jobs!

Seriously the most beautifull cars now:

Alfa 8C, Aston Martin DB9, Maserati Gran Turismo, Lambo Gallardo, Alfa 159, Jaguar XJ

Classic cars: jaguar Etype, Lancia Stratos, MB 280 SL Pagoda, BMW 507, Maserati Merak, Lambo Miura, Ferrari 512 BB, BMW 3000 csl, and many, many more

Regarding the MB CLS is too "american" for my taste.

And if you want to see ugly cars check out the Ranault Clio II http://es.motorfull.com/2006/09/19/renault-clio-berlina/

:D

Nah! You should see it more often Argento!

Some of the most beautiful (the ones that I could find pics, at least) I found that I am anything but original in my tastes, as most of the pics I found were in posts about, you guessed it: the most beautiful cars.

Hispano Suiza (When I was a kid I had on eof those books about vintage cars. I loved the Hispano Suiza models above any other)

1937hispanosuizadubonnetxeniaue6.jpg

Chrysler Atlantic. A beauty.

1955_chrysler_atlantic.jpg

Bond. What else?

AstonMartin.jpg

When I wasn't drooling over Bond's car (I was too young to enjoy the Bond girls) I was always intrigued by this car (we watched many French movies). It seemed so different. Later I learnt just how revolutionary it was. Oh, it's a Citroen DS, by the way. History never made enough justice to this car.

CitroenDS.jpg

Damn Brits and their damn beautiful Jaguars! :P

JauguarE.jpg

Fangio, of course. Many would have chosen the Mercedes, or the Ferraris. I'll go for the Masseratti 250F. The reason? Nurburgring, 1957. Ask DOF about the most thrilling race of all times.

Masseratti250F.jpg

more to follow...

Nice ones my friend, bring it on. I love that Maser!

And it's a John Deere! :wub:

Wait... :eusa_think:

Well Andres, with such a roadster (or is it called fieldster :D ) you could show a lady or two that you do have some hair, atleast on your chest! :P

656023899_0c5b37c9c8.jpg

DSC27212.preview.jpg

409914712_c135554502.jpg

2004 stang came with optional bumber which could be used as dining table too? :D

Normal cars I see on the street and I like:

Focus ST like Eric,

Opel Astra GTC,

083.jpg

All the beemers,classics or modern.I like serie 1 a lot,although many people consider it BMW's biggest failure:

7.jpg

Citroen C4 coupe:

16233450095.jpg

seat leon (but not the last model)

vendo-o-cambio-seat-leon-fr-tdi-150cv-anyo-2005_0.jpgand many more I can't remember right now.

I'm not much of a fan of supercars.I like classics.oh and Mr Bean's mini :D

Well Andres, with such a roadster (or is it called fieldster :D ) you could show a lady or two that you do have some hair, atleast on your chest! :P

:D Andres thought that when someone said he had closely cropped hair that he had to get a tractor to go and grow some more :D

:D Andres thought that when someone said he had closely cropped hair that he had to get a tractor to go and grow some more :D

:lol:

Focus ST like Eric,

Opel Astra GTC,

083.jpg

All the beemers,classics or modern.I like serie 1 a lot,although many people consider it BMW's biggest failure:

7.jpg

Citroen C4 coupe:

16233450095.jpg

vendo-o-cambio-seat-leon-fr-tdi-150cv-anyo-2005_0.jpgand many more I can't remember right now.

Would like to come to Barca this decemeber! :blush:

Focus ST like Eric,

Opel Astra GTC,

083.jpg

7.jpg

Citroen C4 coupe:

16233450095.jpg

The Opel Astra looks really good (or maybe it's because it's shiny... ). Are you gonna get a car now?

This is a car I am dying to see, If I have enough money, I will buy one and wipe it every time it gets dusty.

It is 1967 Alfa Romeo 332 Stradale.