Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

Does this qualify as a beautiful car ?

No. It's design is hardly new and mimics other cars. Go back to the car that originally inspired the style and there you'll find beauty, if for no other reason than it changed the way we view small cars.

No. It's design is hardly new and mimics other cars. Go back to the car that originally inspired the style and there you'll find beauty, if for no other reason than it changed the way we view small cars.

To say that it can't be beautiful because it mimics another is a bit like saying a certain woman is not beautiful because there are already beautiful women around.

What, in your opinion is the Renault 5's forebare?

I think I saw that in Top Gear magazine :blink: !

I wish they had given me some the money that went in building that furniture, atleast I wont be stuck eating Pasta the whole day.

Austin A40 Countryman?

Maybe. But it was rear wheel drive and longitudinal.

Granted. I was going for the small hatchback angle. R5 was longitudinal as well though, so maybe R4.

To say that it can't be beautiful because it mimics another is a bit like saying a certain woman is not beautiful because there are already beautiful women around.

The anal-ogy I'd use is that when you dress up as ginger spice, and I squint, you sorta look like the real ginger spice, but I'd rather screw the original....

Austin A40 Countryman?

Got there before I did.

EDIT: Forgot to respond to Steve...dammit.

post-1158-1231275167_thumb.jpg

Bah, we're talking styling not mechanical bits...

In your analogy of Ginger Spice vs. Drib in drag, your talking mechanical bits.

The anal-ogy I'd use is that when you dress up as ginger spice, and I squint, you sorta look like the real ginger spice, but I'd rather screw the original....

I thought my analogies were sh!t.

Got there before I did.

EDIT: Forgot to respond to Steve...dammit.

Just how many Austin A40's are kicking around California? I would truly amazed if that was the frst car that popped into your head when thinking of the Renault 5's inspiration.

Bah, we're talking styling not mechanical bits...

You were talking styling, I was talking styling and concept. Not only that but the only relationship between the Renault 5 and the A40 is the hatch, the styling is a world apart. Other cars that followed the 5, however truly did mimick it.

Is difficult to understand those guys: the put the Vector and the Dome and they simply not mention the Miura the best lambo ever!

I think Miura is not wedgy! :D