Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

Chris, did you have the one of the female tennis player scratching her arse? Or maybe a kitten in a boot from Athena?

For me, this is Salma Hayek on wheels. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming away from this works Jag' E'Type lightweight at Goodwood this year. I want it so bad. Oh, and yes, I like my bikes but my first love will always be cars. :D

GoodwoodRevival21-09-08001.jpg

Glad to know that Sir!

I will post my favourite cars one by one.

My all time beauty has to be my first car,

Hindustan Motors Contessa! :D

Its actually a Vauxhall Victor! But mine was white.

That was my first car and I was only 14! :D , My dad threw me the keys because many of his friend's childeren who were riding bikes and scooters were being killed by truck and bus drivers, so he wanted me to stop thinking of bikes, but it later turned out that he had to be sell the car before I ran over few old men reading news papers in the middle of the road! :D

The sight of watching another guy driving away the car you loved washing everyday

is a real sad one and I had one. -_- I heard that the b#####d crashed the car on a tree (luckly nothing happend) after something (I don't know) in the powersteering failed! :D , but my did give me the money to fix it one week before he sold it, but I spent it anyways!

Of all the many beautiful and/or classic designs out there, I'm going to be selfish and say the Chevron B16.

Emotive for me because it's where I worked as a 16 yr old apprentice, but of all the cars we made, this was sex on wheels....

post-1536-1226856238_thumb.jpg

Sad that they don't make cars with much curves these days. (Except of ones like Alfa 8C)

And the ugliest cars have to be:

The Nissan Qube (yuk)

and the Fiat... well I don't really care what its called, but its uglier than a Multipla :(

You do have some fetish for ugly ones! :P

of course there so many

most any Triumph sports carTr3 Tr4 Tr5 etc.

the 1955 BRM looking like it was made from leftover aircraft parts.

and the mazda rx8

Which is the last one?

Interesting Mika, because you prove that guys at your generation grow up watching cars of today. I personally don't like the Phantom,

Furai was a stunning concept, but I pity that they couldnt produce the spoiler that they intended to make on the real prototype!

Mazda 6 is a beauty,

F50! :D NO NO for me!

LP 560 Is the current most beautiful super car!

That is the pic of me inbetween to Lps!

Did ya see 1 in matte black?? Ultimate skunk works Reventon, which I forgot to put in that list! The Mazda 6 is sexy for a boring 4 door everyday saloon! I used to dream about the F50 when I was a 5 year old! Used to have a book full of supercars, like Diablos, Vette Stingrays, E-Type Jags etc. Wonder where it dissapeared, in the bin probs, unfortunately!

:lol: , everything has a begning Eric! The car which I drove first was a Triumph Herald. actually, my driver just let me steer it! You know I couldnt reach the pedals. From then I kept jumping at every chance I got. I wonder what George must be doing. :D

Oh, ponies are better than mules! :P

:lol: First car I pretended to drive was my mom's 1980-something Honda Accord. Had I not been born, she still would've had the 1981 Camaro :P

First car I actually drove was either my dad's 1998 Mazda 626 or my mom's god awful 1993 Plymouth Voyager.

Nice one guys! Remember, incase another car springs into your mind please post the pics or names. :D

Since you asked:

My previous car

Mazdaspeed3

Porsche Cayman

Dodge Viper

Focus ST

Mercedes SL63 AMG

Lexus IS-F

Toyota Corolla?

Geo Prizm. Which was actually a Toyota Corolla.

Toyota Corolla?

No, that is a Geo Prizm 1993, it's basically a Corolla, I like it because is my first and only car.

But seriously speaking the car that IMO is the most beautiful is Porsche 962, I saw one of thoses in Miami Vice, they were chasing it with their Ferrari, how can I forget that, here is a pic for you

dauer_porsche_962.jpg

No, that is a Geo Prizm 1993, it's basically a Corolla, I like it because is my first and only car.

But seriously speaking the car that IMO is the most beautiful is Porsche 962, I saw one of thoses in Miami Vice, they were chasing it with their Ferrari, how can I forget that, here is a pic for you

dauer_porsche_962.jpg

Would probably look better from the side! The front doesn't look all that good.

:lol: First car I pretended to drive was my mom's 1980-something Honda Accord. Had I not been born, she still would've had the 1981 Camaro :P

First car I actually drove was either my dad's 1998 Mazda 626 or my mom's god awful 1993 Plymouth Voyager.

Since you asked:

My previous car

Mazdaspeed3

Porsche Cayman

Dodge Viper

Focus ST

Mercedes SL63 AMG

Lexus IS-F

Geo Prizm. Which was actually a Toyota Corolla.

:lol: I was pretending to drive too when I was holding the steering! :P

I love the cayman, to me its the most well proptioned Porsche ever. The Cayman S in white is a beauty.

It is widely belived that it could blow the 911 away if it had a more powerful engine, anyways, I would buy a Cayman even if I had the money to buy a 911 turbo.

Why? Because Cayman looks more beautiful. Just wish it a good name.

I remember people importing those right hand driven (Diesel powered) ones to India, they used to be a poor man's Benz and I belive they are more reliable.

:lol: I was pretending to drive too when I was holding the steering! :P

I love the cayman, to me its the most well proptioned Porsche ever. The Cayman S in white is a beauty.

It is widely belived that it could blow the 911 away if it had a more powerful engine, anyways, I would buy a Cayman even if I had the money to buy a 911 turbo.

Why? Because Cayman looks more beautiful. Just wish it a good name.

:lol: Yeah. I guess the first car I drove was a go-kart though, I first raced at age 9. What a fine stock car champion I would've been :P

It's funny though that I've never owned a ride-on lawnmower and never will. Those are for pussies, push mowers all the way! :P (Not like I own one of those, hard to mow the parking lot that is my yard...)

My favorite thing about the Cayman is the base model gets 29 mpg. On premium, but that's still good for that kind of car. Not like people look at that when buying a $40,000 car. YHR has a Cayman, I believe, and that makes me jealous. And I agree, I hate the 911s. They've got this gaudy boyracer crap all over them aimed for 12 years olds who CAN'T BUY CARS. Nasty wings and spoilers and bodykits. Grr. The Cayman, on the other hand, is simple, clean, and elegant.

I remember people importing those right hand driven (Diesel powered) ones to India, they used to be a poor man's Benz and I belive they are more reliable.

The Geo Prizm is not a bad car at all for that kind of thing. It's small, reliable, inexpensive. But it certainly says a lot about the US auto industry: GM's answer to the Toyota Corolla's success: building a Toyota Corolla and rebranding it. Ouch.

(Which somehow reminds me of rural Pennsylvania...a strange place for sure. We saw a billboard advertisement there for the new 1989 Geo Prizm available at such and such a dealer...the problem was this ad was still up in 2008).

I cant belive people ignored this beauty!

And some morons can even do this to that car, sad people!

:lol: Buy the car. Make no modifications but oil changes. End of story.

Did ya see 1 in matte black?? Ultimate skunk works Reventon, which I forgot to put in that list! The Mazda 6 is sexy for a boring 4 door everyday saloon! I used to dream about the F50 when I was a 5 year old! Used to have a book full of supercars, like Diablos, Vette Stingrays, E-Type Jags etc. Wonder where it dissapeared, in the bin probs, unfortunately!

Oops forgot to reply, I saw the one in matte pearl white, you can see the one my right is a matte. I did see the one in black, but I don't remember seeing matte black.

:lol: Yeah. I guess the first car I drove was a go-kart though, I first raced at age 9. What a fine stock car champion I would've been :P

It's funny though that I've never owned a ride-on lawnmower and never will. Those are for pussies, push mowers all the way! :P (Not like I own one of those, hard to mow the parking lot that is my yard...)

My favorite thing about the Cayman is the base model gets 29 mpg. On premium, but that's still good for that kind of car. Not like people look at that when buying a $40,000 car. YHR has a Cayman, I believe, and that makes me jealous. And I agree, I hate the 911s. They've got this gaudy boyracer crap all over them aimed for 12 years olds who CAN'T BUY CARS. Nasty wings and spoilers and bodykits. Grr. The Cayman, on the other hand, is simple, clean, and elegant.

The Geo Prizm is not a bad car at all for that kind of thing. It's small, reliable, inexpensive. But it certainly says a lot about the US auto industry: GM's answer to the Toyota Corolla's success: building a Toyota Corolla and rebranding it. Ouch.

(Which somehow reminds me of rural Pennsylvania...a strange place for sure. We saw a billboard advertisement there for the new 1989 Geo Prizm available at such and such a dealer...the problem was this ad was still up in 2008).

:lol: Buy the car. Make no modifications but oil changes. End of story.

As I told you earlier, I have never been lucky to have had any sort of racing other than a couple of go cart (when I was 14) or cheap street bike racing! :D , My dad would have gone to jail if he found out though!

Yeah, and Porsche's spares are even cheaper compared to many midsized saloons. I agree with you, Cayman is beautiful and elegant. 911s here are all over!

Heard Audi might be developing a car based on next Cayman's/Boxter platform!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081112.033/au...face-once-again

This means, Audi may be looking at a very clever route of developing really REAR wheel drive sports cars with the engine mid mounted. I don't really know if that is to save the costs of developing a car with its engine on front with rear wheel drive configuration. :rolleyes: , anyone correct me if I am wrong, but everyone wants to save money nowadays!

I can't belive GM really did that! :lol: and the ads are still there? Are you serious?

CLS is currently the most beautiful thing with four doors! I will have one in Black, or white or maroon! :wub:

As I told you earlier, I have never been lucky to have had any sort of racing other than a couple of go cart (when I was 14) or cheap street bike racing! :D , My dad would have gone to jail if he found out though!

Yeah, and Porsche's spares are even cheaper compared to many midsized saloons. I agree with you, Cayman is beautiful and elegant. 911s here are all over!

Heard Audi might be developing a car based on next Cayman's/Boxter platform!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081112.033/au...face-once-again

This means, Audi may be looking at a very clever route of developing really REAR wheel drive sports cars with the engine mid mounted. I don't really know if that is to save the costs of developing a car with its engine on front with rear wheel drive configuration. :rolleyes: , anyone correct me if I am wrong, but everyone wants to save money nowadays!

I can't belive GM really did that! :lol: and the ads are still there? Are you serious?

CLS is currently the most beautiful thing with four doors! I will have one in Black, or white or maroon! :wub:

Race the Innova :P

Yeah, GM still has one Toyota, the Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix. The ads are still there. It's a very strange area, I have countless stories about things that are so unfunny they're funny, including a guy accidentally neutering himself on a fence. Ahh, good ol' PA.

Get one of each ;)

I dunno, I post a picture of a semi-clad Kate Bush and there are no responses......!???

You are all either:

• Asleep
  • Dead from the neck down
  • Seriously more in love with cars than you should be :)
  • Gay :)

I have discounted the possibility that you might not find Kate Bush attractive as, well that's just silly :D

Meanioni, I take the 4th option!

Well, I must say I have always had a soft spot for Lamborghini. Whether Classic or modern, they just look stunning. Aston Martin also make stunning car's, with the noise to boot!

Porsche however, well, what can I say??? I HATE THEM! Why would anyone want to pay for a car (911) that looks like a squashed VW Beetle?!

Race the Innova :P

Yeah, GM still has one Toyota, the Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix. The ads are still there. It's a very strange area, I have countless stories about things that are so unfunny they're funny, including a guy accidentally neutering himself on a fence. Ahh, good ol' PA.

Get one of each ;)

Yeah, I don't mind racing the Innova if only others were bold enough to come out with theirs! :P

GM is a funny company, I really don't know how they remained the world number one! :D

Is it because most of the people who brought their cars were dumb back then?

Or is it because most of the people are becoming clever! :D

Oh well Eric, You know I wish I had the money to even buy me a suit to visit a Mercedes showroom! ;)

Meanioni, I take the 4th option!

Well, I must say I have always had a soft spot for Lamborghini. Whether Classic or modern, they just look stunning. Aston Martin also make stunning car's, with the noise to boot!

Porsche however, well, what can I say??? I HATE THEM! Why would anyone want to pay for a car (911) that looks like a squashed VW Beetle?!

Because they want to look like gays? :D

Would probably look better from the side! The front doesn't look all that good.

I see, you were missing the shine, take a loo at it now that I waxed it.

Dauer%20962%20P1%204.jpg

Fugliest car awards:

Ford Ka!(Also known as Ford kaka,which means poo)

ford_ka_g.jpg

Fiat Multipla:SEXIEST EVER! :o

40-fiat-multipla.jpg

Ford Galaxy:I heard that it's Ford's least sold car...

ford_Galaxy_2.jpg

Citroen C3: (and the worst part is that whenever I walk 2 metres I see one of these eggs)

finalista_citroen_g.jpg

I guess some of you are making very good jobs!

Seriously the most beautifull cars now:

Alfa 8C, Aston Martin DB9, Maserati Gran Turismo, Lambo Gallardo, Alfa 159, Jaguar XJ

Classic cars: jaguar Etype, Lancia Stratos, MB 280 SL Pagoda, BMW 507, Maserati Merak, Lambo Miura, Ferrari 512 BB, BMW 3000 csl, and many, many more

Regarding the MB CLS is too "american" for my taste.

And if you want to see ugly cars check out the Ranault Clio II http://es.motorfull.com/2006/09/19/renault-clio-berlina/