Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

Stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air while at work this past week and got a treat. Just as I did a transporter went by carrying an early 1950's Jaguar 120. It had a white body, steel wheels, rear spats and a black soft top. Very much the look of British post-war sports cars that I thrilled to as a child.

You, sir, are a man of class and fine taste.

I think the car the brothers drive in Supernatural -its either a 68 or 69 Chevy Impala, I'll try to find a photo. Its spark-up sounds like the kick of a motorbike and constant strumming engine could keep me smiling. I'll try to find a photo.

Here she is. post-904-126517627546_thumb.jpg

post-904-126517635797_thumb.jpg

I think the car the brothers drive in Supernatural -its either a 68 or 69 Chevy Impala, I'll try to find a photo. Its spark-up sounds like the kick of a motorbike and constant strumming engine could keep me smiling. I'll try to find a photo.

Here she is. post-904-126517627546_thumb.jpg

post-904-126517635797_thumb.jpg

Steph I don´t like the Impala!

:lol:

Technically more a race car than a road car, but what the heck?

ferrari-512.jpg

The only more beautiful thing being that car's engine note. Superb.

Technically more a race car than a road car, but what the heck?

ferrari-512.jpg

The only more beautiful thing being that car's engine note. Superb.

The sight of a Ferrari 512S always makes the pulse quicken. Big, brutish and loud. Hell, it's half the reason to watch Le Mans. The other half is, of course, the 917.

The sight of a Ferrari 512S always makes the pulse quicken. Big, brutish and loud. Hell, it's half the reason to watch Le Mans. The other half is, of course, the 917.

i think is the 512M... whatever... the 75% the reason to watch le mans is the 917. the reaminning 25% is shared by the start scene and the rest of the cars...included the 512 s and M

i think is the 512M... whatever... the 75% the reason to watch le mans is the 917. the reaminning 25% is shared by the start scene and the rest of the cars...included the 512 s and M

Here's the 512M. Body changes were made for the 1971 season. For a number of reasons Ferrari could not compete with Porsche in the 1970 & '71 campaigns. I think one of their few victories was at Sebring in 1970 (I believe) and Steve McQueen & Peter Revson almost won that in a 908! I'm not certain anything could have successfully competed against the might of the 917 in those two seasons. Certainly one of the most enduring images from any period in sports car racing is a 917 short tail in Gulf blue livery.

post-3114-126545759328_thumb.jpg

By the way the 917 eats 512 s for breakfast and 512M for lunch....

:mf_tongue: Be nice or I'll come down to Buenos Aires and... we could wander the streets gazing at beautiful women (I'm so tired of the winter and with more than a month still remaining. Sigh.)

By the way the 917 eats 512 s for breakfast and 512M for lunch....

I'll agree, if it's in duck egg blue with an orange stripe!

Which brings me nicely on to this find. Anyone want a Cayman in a historic racing Porsche livery?

From Maserati, here's an A6G. This particular one is from 1956, coach work by Zagato. Really quite lovely.

post-3114-126557520033_thumb.jpg

I still recon anything with an Aston Martin badge on it...

Last year during Geneva Motorshow, I was lucky to have been personally taken (along with my friends :D) by Pagani Jr to their stand and allowed to sit in the Cinque's c#ckpit.....:wub: Couldn't get any luckier, the thougts of being not allowed into Ferrari stand because of the so called overcrowding quickly faded away, even the journalists couldn't manage what we did. Thanks to my friend Danielle.

After thanking him (Pagani JR...sorry, I forgot his name! :D) I did ask him if I could sample the C9, the Zonda replacement, he did say yes....I hope he keeps up his promise... (when I say sample, I mean just being allowed to sit in it :mf_tongue:)

Is there anyone from South Africa...? because the C9 prototypes are being tested there..

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110020824442/two-pagani-c9-prototypes-spied-in-south-africa--wcf-exclusive/lowphotos#0

The surprising thing about the Zonda is is its seating position. Trust me, the position seems to be damn normal for a Supercar. The main reasons I love Pagani is the fact that they are completely original. They have their own style of doing things. Some of the flaws, like the panel gap is actually being used as a design feature, rather than making it look like a flaw....The other reason I love them is the fact that they have not just survived amongst the supercars, they have thrived and gained respect, and they are not owned by anyone.

The C9 proto looks very like the Ferrari 458, @ the rear defo, ain't seen the front but it's a Pagani so it'll be awesome! Agree with the V12 Vantage, horrible bonnet!