Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

:lol: Thank you sir. I agree, it has a face only a mother could love. Actually, it's just plain ugly. But I can't see that from the driving seat. :D

And it is very effective.

:lol: Thank you sir. I agree, it has a face only a mother could love. Actually, it's just plain ugly. But I can't see that from the driving seat. :D

And it is very effective.

Surely some of Bangle's flame surfaced attrocities assume that mantle. Personally I think it's an interesting take on the twin headlight 'face'. It has character. They could have so easily assumed the face of the 3-series saloon, as on the previous generation Compact.

Well, maybe the 1 series is worse. Especially the coupe, but the compact has rather odd proportions and some of the detailing doesn't really work for me. The inner pair of lights look a bit weak. But I do like the exaggerated front arches - from dead ahead it does look quite purposeful, I suppose. But not for much longer - 'tis time to sell and move on.

Well, maybe the 1 series is worse. Especially the coupe, but the compact has rather odd proportions and some of the detailing doesn't really work for me. The inner pair of lights look a bit weak. But I do like the exaggerated front arches - from dead ahead it does look quite purposeful, I suppose. But not for much longer - 'tis time to sell and move on.

I met Chris Bangle! :D , Just said a hai when he visited my college! :D He is a nice guy actually, really down to earth character, did give some students (who were presenting their concepts) very useful tips, he said he carries a book with him in which he writes down his ideas which he doesn't even show his wife.

Anyways, His controversial designs seem to work when it comes to sales chart, I see a lot of 1-series, probaly due to the fact that its still a rear wheel drive. Almost all the designers who criticized him quietly went on to copy his designs. As Steve said your car certainly has a character, I like the front, but not the rear, because it looks like a desperate attempt to compete with the Audi A3.

I met Chris Bangle! :D , Just said a hai when he visited my college! :D He is a nice guy actually, really down to earth character, did give some students (who were presenting their concepts) very useful tips, he said he carries a book with him in which he writes down his ideas which he doesn't even show his wife.

Did you decide whether his insanity was a consequence of being abused as a child or through having to go to German comedy clubs with Mario Theissen?

Did you decide whether his insanity was a consequence of being abused as a child or through having to go to German comedy clubs with Mario Theissen?

:lol:

One thing I tell you, his insanity has turned profits for BMW, and his insanity is being copied by many other designers to lonacy! :P

Hmm. But it looks like the next generation of Beemers will be de-Bangled and return to their roots. Those being handsome and cohesive designs instead of shocked looking humped back whales. What's your take on their future design language?

If they return to producing works of art like this then I'll be a happy man.

800px-BMW_3_0CSi-Front.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Oh puke!!! Sorry Russ I've never cottened to that style.

Oh puke!!! Sorry Russ I've never cottened to that style.

I will side with the Republican troglodyte this time. :eekout:

Hmm. But it looks like the next generation of Beemers will be de-Bangled and return to their roots. Those being handsome and cohesive designs instead of shocked looking humped back whales. What's your take on their future design language?

I agree with you Steve, looking at previous generation 5-series, I will never get bored, the new one to me looks stunning, but I got bored of it so fast, but they have been selling like hot cakes, even in India!!!!!. I don't really know how their new design language is going to shape up. We will have to wait and see. I somehow hate the new 7-Series. The grill looks like its straight out from a truck and unwanted detailings on the bumber too. But I still havn't seen it in skin.

Even Mercedes Benz seem to be getting it wrong these days. But its Audi who seem to have a certain standard for their design. Which is actually good.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Simple, neat and fast. Its beautiful.

I'm in total agreement with you. I have never seen the attraction of them.

I am told they are fantastic to drive, but as I am an incredibly shallow person, the way a car looks is quite important to me, and all BMWs are completely bland and uninspiring to me.

Perhaps I'm odd but I don't get what people see in Beemers....

I never liked beemers, but once I started living with one, you would love it. The way it feels, the way it drives. No other car (so far I have driven, except previous Mondeo) can give you a driving experience that a beemer can. You have to drive one to belive me. Not a 5km test drive, but a proper tour like what I did with my friend's cars.

The best looking hatch!

Here is my face lifted version...Illustrated. I accidently wiped off the FIAT on the badge after writing on it. Don't mind. :D

Perhaps I'm odd but I don't get what people see in Beemers....

I hate BMW. Always an Audi fan, always will be! Mercedes make SOME good cars, but BMW are just ugly pieces of s##t. They may be great to drive, but I would rather like driving a car that looks good as well as handling good! Plus BMW interiors are worse than the other 2 german manufacturers mentioned above so you may not see the outside from the driving seat, but you do still see the interior... yuck!

I personally think that Audi are the biggest waste of space this side of the century. All their cars are over-rated apart from the RS-4 which doesn't seem too bad.

Mercedes have some beautiful cars, which unfortunately cannot carry speed through the corners without wanting to fly off the road. But I wouldn't say no to an AMG SL55. :lol:

Audi are classy, BMW are chavvy!

Says it all!

Audi= boring and elegant (till the last A5 at least...)

BMW= chavvy with boring interiors (but lovely engines)

Mercs= They

Ummm, why did you include Alfa, never been a fan of them!?

Audi aren't boring. They are simple and elegant designs, but then you have their more crazy experimental side with the RS versions, which are, quite frankly, F****** AMAZING!