Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

Everyone should own, or at least drive, one Alfa in their lifetime. If it's one from before the current rebodied FIATs (think GTV1750) then so much the better. So what if they rust uncontrollably and the electrics don't work. They have soul. German cars have no soul. Except maybe the 3 series sport compact............

I'm getting all twitchy and irrational over a 156 V6.......

You know you've got to scratch that itch. Hope you've got a big front tyre budget. GTA?

If my company ever gets to the point that I need a company car, this is it.

lancia-flaminia-supersport-zagato-vintage-press-photo-01.jpg

:edited with a smaller image. my bad.

I personally think that Audi are the biggest waste of space this side of the century. All their cars are over-rated apart from the RS-4 which doesn't seem too bad.

Totally agree- Audis are horrible cars. Not only that, but when they go wrong (which they always do eventually) they go wrong in an epic way. Three separate people I can think of have had Audis that have become virtually undriveable within 5 years. Mostly due to the lousy engine management.

I'd never buy a BMW either (although I can see why some people would) just because I think they're the blandest looking cars on the road. I'm reminded of Top Gear's Ugliest Car of the year award. After the nominees had been read, Clarkson chimes in, "actually it's none of these. The award for ugliest car of the year goes to the BMW.....range!"

For me out of the three Krauts, the Merc is the only one I'd actually consider buying new, if I was forced to buy German.

But a little bit better proportioned... teh Scaglietti is awful and looks like a ship...

I have seen the Scaglietti :D , I see it almost everyday, and to me, it is a Ferrari I really want to own. Its not the most beautiful, but there is something hidden in its understated lines.

The new ferraris don't turn me on overly. I like the old california from the 60's though-

21oa5ww.jpg

You know you've got to scratch that itch. Hope you've got a big front tyre budget. GTA?

No, just a humble 2.5.

Nothing humble about that. Any Alfa V6 is the business. Quite fancy a 166 myself. Have a thing about the uglies.

Audi are classy, BMW are chavvy!

Says it all!

Rather be a chav and proud than drive a rustbucket thats not roadworthy. :lol:

See you on the motorway. I'll be the one in the burberry cap, driving my 320ci. I'll call the AA for you when I pass you on the hard shoulder. ;):lol:

The new ferraris don't turn me on overly. I like the old california from the 60's though-

While I don't mind the new Ferraris, this one is by far my favorite of the brand.

5475_3.jpg

See you on the motorway. I'll be the one in the burberry cap, driving my 320ci. I'll call the AA for you when I pass you on the hard shoulder. ;):lol:

:lol:

Couldn't have said it better,Audis are a waste of space IMO.

And I think BMWs are really beautiful cars.And I dont find VW Golf IV ugly at all,although I like III best. Perhaps my tastes are weird :D

I'm getting all twitchy and irrational over a 156 V6.......

Drove a mate's 156 V6 once and found it a bit twitchy and unrefined.

Funnily enough at the time I owned a Seat Toledo V5 (not the old crap Toledo or the new crap Toledo, the one that was based on a VW Golf). I am told they were designed by the same designer. Found that a bit more refined and about as fast.

And I'll wave at you as you flash past me in my 'ickle Berlingo :(:)

tbh I think the new California looks a bit like the new SL, especially the front end! Would'nt mind an Alfa 8C Spider or a Maser GTS!

Couldn't have said it better,Audis are a waste of space IMO.

And I think BMWs are really beautiful cars.And I dont find VW Golf IV ugly at all,although I like III best. Perhaps my tastes are weird :D

Golf III? turno to red wine, white spirits don

Funnily enough at the time I owned a Seat Toledo V5 (not the old crap Toledo or the new crap Toledo, the one that was based on a VW Golf). I am told they were designed by the same designer. Found that a bit more refined and about as fast.

Refinement is overrated. What's wrong with a car you actually have to drive?

Nothing humble about that. Any Alfa V6 is the business. Quite fancy a 166 myself. Have a thing about the uglies.

Shame about the face, nice legs though.

Yeah, they're wrong wheel drive but I'm twitchy and unrefined, so maybe i'll be in good company.

Shame about the face, nice legs though.

Yeah, they're wrong wheel drive but I'm twitchy and unrefined, so maybe i'll be in good company.

Alfa 159 anyone? just for looks.

Pretty nice lookin car but the Mazda 6 looks better!

Agree with you Danny 100% -- I do like the Mazda's actually. Not bad little runners and they look pretty much okie dokie too!

Agree with you Danny 100% -- I do like the Mazda's actually. Not bad little runners and they look pretty much okie dokie too!

One of my best bud's has an MX5. He thrashes it to with in an inch of its life, from cold and everytime he goes out in it. I could punch him! Anyhow, nothing has dropped off or gone wrong, ever. I always joke that if a car is 'Bill-proof' it must be screwed together pretty well. He has killed a veritable array of cars over the years but this one refuses to die or even look tired.