Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Rubens Book Comment...more To It Than Meets The Eye?

Rubens recent comment that he may just write a book about his days in Ferrari (revealing all) almost sounds weird. Brawn was there then... such statements wont do him any good at securing a drive at Honda... or will it?

I don't think it makes a difference. If Brawn reacts, he's admitting Ferrari did bad things. If he just ignores it, it makes it seem like what Rubens is going to reveal absolutely meaningless things.

OR Rubens knows something we don't know (as in he's 100% sure he's gone).

Well, it could be either an attempt at bribery, or extortion/blackmail, or both. Depends on what those revelations will be, and who will end up looking good and who will not.

There, I sound almost as good as Maury.

Rubens recent comment that he may just write a book about his days in Ferrari (revealing all) almost sounds weird. Brawn was there then... such statements wont do him any good at securing a drive at Honda... or will it?

You're assuming that his insights will all be bad. Rubens was taken apart by Michael. He had the opportunity to do the same to Michael but he didn't. He had the same opportunity to beat a champion as Felipe was given this year. Let's just say thought that he wasn't given equal opportunity; Did he sign the contract agreeing to that with his arm twisted behind his back? If he did (which of course, he didn't) then he weak and deserved to be beaten. As for implicating Brawn in some sort of ill treatment scandal, I don't think he needs to justify his position or what he achieved and delivered to anybody. He got the job done and so did Michael. Lovely guy, Rubens. But he didn't.

He was there and did a pretty good job, but in the end he simply couldn't match MS.

I thought he knew that by now..!

The timing for these claims though is indeed awkward! He probably has something to gain!

I really don't think Ross Brawn could give a s##t to be honest.

Still think that Irvine was a better team-mate for Schui (for all they did not see eye to eye) and probably scared Schui more....

Mmm, Eddie......

I pretty much agree. I do think he got lucky in the sense that Schu had that 1999 incident where he broke his leg so he was left to do pretty much as he pleased. I think this contributed to Eddie having a bit more of a say, and having the balls to leave once he pretty much knew Schumi would get his way, end of. I dunno, I might be wrong but thats what I think...

Still, its not the only kind of performance I wondered about Irv. :blush::lol:

Still, its not the only kind of performance I wondered about Irv. :blush::lol:

Down girl!

I don't think Michael was scared of Eddie one little bit. Not on track anyway. Eddie was the first person to admit that Michael was better than him. Equally, Michael played the team role and helped Eddie to try and win the title in '99. That tells you all you need to know about the way Ferrari was and still is operated.

So where, exactly, does he say it (the book) would reflect badly on Brawn and Schumi? That he was not given equal opportunity? Sounds like people are making their own headlines up again.

Whats the source of this Rubens thing, where is the story from?

Mmm, Eddie......

I pretty much agree. I do think he got lucky in the sense that Schu had that 1999 incident where he broke his leg so he was left to do pretty much as he pleased. I think this contributed to Eddie having a bit more of a say, and having the balls to leave once he pretty much knew Schumi would get his way, end of. I dunno, I might be wrong but thats what I think...

If I remember rightly, Irvine & Schuey were level on points going into Silverstone, the mid-point of the season. I think Irvine's step-up in performance did lead to his exit.

So where, exactly, does he say it (the book) would reflect badly on Brawn and Schumi? That he was not given equal opportunity? Sounds like people are making their own headlines up again.

Indeed. I hate all the sensationalising bollocks that goes on, it gets on my nerves.

Personally, I think it may be the fact that Ferrari stole designs and data from the other prominent teams :whistling:

Whats the source of this Rubens thing, where is the story from?

If I remember rightly, Irvine & Schuey were level on points going into Silverstone, the mid-point of the season. I think Irvine's step-up in performance did lead to his exit.

They were level after Silverstone, Schumi was 6pts ahead going into it.

I think Michael was rattled by Eddie's superior get away. This meant he was behind by Stow and had to try a desperate move. Ferrari put it down to brake failure but (whisper it) I'm sure it was Michael's error.

I think Michael was rattled by Eddie's superior get away. This meant he was behind by Stow and had to try a desperate move. Ferrari put it down to brake failure but (whisper it) I'm sure it was Michael's error.

How can you say such a thing? Such blasphemy!! :lol: The Ferrari fans will have you for breakfast!! :P

Well, there I am defending the little scamp and he goes and does this:

Source F1-Live

Rubens Barrichello has this week continued his tirade against Ferrari and Michael Schumacher.

The veteran Brazilian, whose record-setting formula one career looks at an end, has followed through with his promise to one day reveal more about his six-year tenure with the famous Italian team.

On the Brazilian TV programme Fantastico, he claims he was threatened with the sack while he led the infamous 2002 Austrian Grand Prix.

While circulating in front of Schumacher, Barrichello said he was told over the radio: "Do you know that Michael is behind you? It's important for the championship."

He said his conversation with the pits lasted for eight laps, before an ultimatum was presented on the final tour.

"The intensity of the conversation increased with every lap. And then I was told to think about my contract," said Barrichello.

"For me it was clear - take your foot off the gas or you will be going home."

Barrichello said he was appalled by the turn of events, and asked Schumacher afterwards if he had anything to do with the decision.

"He said he had nothing to do with it, but I have the documents at home to prove that he was aware of everything that took place," the 36-year-old insisted.

Let sleeping dogs lie, little man. You'll only end up with egg on your face.

Would have been awesome to have heard the radio conversations in that race. To be fair to Michael, he did all he could to help Eddie in '99 so it's not like Ferrari always favoured him. Rubens saying all this now can surely not be encouraging Ross Brawn to keep him on.

So far Austrian GP is the only incident RB can come with. Infact he the whole world knew about the team orders that took place, the whole world knows Fifi used to be Alonso's bitch :P , Kimi had to slow down in one of the race desperately to let Massa pass, Team orders team order team orders. When it was Micheal who got favours out of it many bitched (even me at that time :D ) but when their favorite drivers recieve it, they say its good for world championship! :P

I am not going to say one word more about this so called team orders, nor gona read about what Rubens has to say about his life in Ferrari, he knew the situation and yet remained there, its his fault.

I want to read Alonso's biography. His excuses for Spygate and being beaten by Lewis will be the stuff of comedic legend.

So far Austrian GP is the only incident RB can come with. Infact he the whole world knew about the team orders that took place, the whole world knows Fifi used to be Alonso's bitch :P , Kimi had to slow down in one of the race desperately to let Massa pass, Team orders team order team orders. When it was Micheal who got favours out of it many bitched (even me at that time :D ) but when their favorite drivers recieve it, they say its good for world championship! :P

I am not going to say one word more about this so called team orders, nor gona read about what Rubens has to say about his life in Ferrari, he knew the situation and yet remained there, its his fault.

Indeed.

Rubens Barrichello has this week continued his tirade against Ferrari and Michael Schumacher.

The veteran Brazilian, whose record-setting formula one career looks at an end, has followed through with his promise to one day reveal more about his six-year tenure with the famous Italian team.

On the Brazilian TV programme Fantastico, he claims he was threatened with the sack while he led the infamous 2002 Austrian Grand Prix.

While circulating in front of Schumacher, Barrichello said he was told over the radio: "Do you know that Michael is behind you? It's important for the championship."

He said his conversation with the pits lasted for eight laps, before an ultimatum was presented on the final tour.

"The intensity of the conversation increased with every lap. And then I was told to think about my contract," said Barrichello.

"For me it was clear - take your foot off the gas or you will be going home."

Barrichello said he was appalled by the turn of events, and asked Schumacher afterwards if he had anything to do with the decision.

"He said he had nothing to do with it, but I have the documents at home to prove that he was aware of everything that took place," the 36-year-old insisted.

Ruebens has gone down in my estimations. Ferrari have been very good to him, so these type of comments are just cheap IMHO

Whats the benefit???

For what reason ???

Is there something new thats gonna shock us all?? I don't think so.

Bit late for sour grapes... isn't it?

Let sleeping dogs lie, little man. You'll only end up with egg on your face.

Me thinks it will be a full omelet.

I want to read Alonso's biography. His excuses for Spygate and being beaten by Lewis will be the stuff of comedic legend.

:lol: