Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Rubens Book Comment...more To It Than Meets The Eye?

Let sleeping dogs lie, little man. You'll only end up with egg on your face.

No, no, I want to hear more from Rubens, this kind of dirt-dishing is rare!

I want to read Alonso's biography. His excuses for Spygate and being beaten by Lewis will be the stuff of comedic legend.

The hatemongering of lewisterics never ends...

This stuff doesn't surprise me at all. It was always team Schumacher, but then it's no different then team Fangio, team Jim Clark, team Jackie Stewart, team Alain Prost, team Fernando Alonso, team Lewis Hamilton.

Old news, Rubens. Why didn't he say something like "I was making love to this girl for nine hours, I looked down and she had got a pair of balls. 'Couldn't f*ckin' believe it". Now, that would have been a revelation.

I want to read Alonso's biography. His excuses for Spygate and being beaten by Lewis will be the stuff of comedic legend.

Just as the defence for McLaren at the hearing was! :P "We didn't cheat, we only stole a 900 page document with Ferrari's designs on it, honest guv!!"

Anyway - Rubens KNEW exactly what he was letting himself in for the moment he signed on the dotted line.. I'm all for letting drivers race each other, but when you are Michael Schumacher's team-mate you surely don't need Einstein's genius to work out its never going to happen now do you?

Rubens is shooting himself on the foot here.

Ok, if he was so good why wasn't he the "No 1"?

Also the Ferrari years is the absolute highlight in his career, the peak of his popularity and something to tell his grandchildren about. He can only damage himself and is rather sad for him!

Just as the defence for McLaren at the hearing was! :P "We didn't cheat, we only stole a 900 page document with Ferrari's designs on it, honest guv!!"

OK I admit that when it comes to cheating they're amateurs compared to some. They didn't grow up stealing license plates near the Albert Dock. :P

Anyway - Rubens KNEW exactly what he was letting himself in for the moment he signed on the dotted line.. I'm all for letting drivers race each other, but when you are Michael Schumacher's team-mate you surely don't need Einstein's genius to work out its never going to happen now do you?

I think that's a little naive to state that. What driver is ever going to sign with a team if told they will be given the lesser strategies, be asked to pull over for your teammate kind of pitch. Not many. Even if Ferrari told Ruben's he'd get equal treatment, doesn't mean he actually did. There's so many ways to hinder the cars performance and other factors, like not being totally supportive etc. Schumi was a better driver than Rubens. I don't think there's any doubt, but Ferrari also put far more attention on Schumi. I for one, would love to see a tell all book from Rubens.

I think that's a little naive to state that. What driver is ever going to sign with a team if told they will be given the lesser strategies, be asked to pull over for your teammate kind of pitch. Not many. Even if Ferrari told Ruben's he'd get equal treatment, doesn't mean he actually did. There's so many ways to hinder the cars performance and other factors, like not being totally supportive etc. Schumi was a better driver than Rubens. I don't think there's any doubt, but Ferrari also put far more attention on Schumi. I for one, would love to see a tell all book from Rubens.

Nice to have you back!

OK I admit that when it comes to cheating they're amateurs compared to some. They didn't grow up stealing license plates near the Albert Dock. :P

:lol: There will be a time, Graham... when I will get the better of you. :lol:

I am naive, you are right. I'm a biased Schumi supporter and have no qualms admitting it.

Well, not really but I just can't say that maybe you are right... it doesn't happen on this forum much. I concede.

Nope to whoever's post I just read. He knew. After the first race as a Ferrari man, he knew. Didn't he pay any attention to what the Swerve said? He said it often enough. It was a ticket to win a few races. And when you're not winning any where you are that must be mighty tempting......

Nope to whoever's post I just read. He knew. After the first race as a Ferrari man, he knew. Didn't he pay any attention to what the Swerve said? He said it often enough. It was a ticket to win a few races. And when you're not winning any where you are that must be mighty tempting......

OK, after reading this - I don't concede anymore. Thanks Russ.

Bang on. And what if, as Rubens, you really were as fast as you believed you were and you were actually better than Michael? You would surely get the backing of the team, over time. Worth a risk. Agree to it. It couldn't be all bad. No, it wasn't. He stole one at Hockenheim when he gambled on slicks in the rain. A win at last. Tears of joy. He likes this Maranello lark. He'd get more wins, surely. And he did. It was just that at the end, Michael had done a bit better. Spill some beans, tell it like it really was, get a bit of an 'ahhh, poor Rubens'. Ought to top up his pension fund with a few book sales. Damn you Senna, you made me bark early. Do that stupid dance, it'll be fine.

I couldn't agree more. He had the chance, but not the talent. Well, not enough talent. As Michael said recently: A contract doesn't make you slower. If the other guy is faster then he's no. 1. And that's just the way it is.

Yup. It was Rubens who was naive. Either that or shameless to pretend so now. Still, I'd probably buy his book.

ok i just translated this. i trascripted from tv where he gave an interview live just 10 min ago for a friend's website:

On homecountry TV Show 'Hoje em Dia', brazilian driver Rubens Barrichello spoke about his career in Formula One and his expectations for the future in the series.

About the team orders, "There was always a force inside Ferrari standing for him there. But when I signed a contract in 1999 for 2000 there was simply nothing written on it about this, and that's why I signed it, I trusted my talent and went ahead. But then I start to get this kind of sentences on my radio and at first I thought with time they'd give me space if I respected them, but it didn't happen."

Asked about the kind of advantages Schumacher had, "He could choose his strategy first or the amount of gas, and everything would be done around it. This happened a lot but I'm not telling this out because it hurt me. I had six amazing seasons at Ferrari and I know if it wasn't for this I could've been champion."

About the moment Schumacher gave him his throphee in Austria 2002, "He was so booed then. All the track was booing him. They knew I had made pole, I had had best lap, and I was simply ahead of him all race. I just obbeyed the orders to let him pass me on last curve. On the curve before I was decided not to let him pass me. But at least I took the throphee home. (...) It (The order) started eight laps before the end of race. Today in F1 you are not allowed to have team orders because of that specifical day. If you see it on some other series you already get so embarassed of it, so it was a major shame for F1 and motorsports. I wonder what would've happened if I hadn't done what they asked me to."

On his relationship with Schumacher nowadays, "I have a great relationship with himl I always wanted it to be a good one. He's really an awesome driver and I know he would've been champion in some of those occasions even without those advantages. He's coming to Brazil soon and I'll still talk to him like always. Also with Felipe, some people think he stole my seat and it wasn't so. I noticed I couldn't go anywhere and I had to do three times what I could just to surpass those advantages and realized was time to go. This gave him a seat to go. We're friends."

Asked why didn't he ignore orders or pretend radio didn't work, "I did it so many times. Sometimes I'd simply not obbey. Since karting I heard I was a promise and because of that, I didn't 'happen'. I know I could've won if wasn't for that and maybe I still will be. In some occasions I'd pretend radio wasn't working, others I'd just argue and start a paralele conversation, saying it wasn't written on my contract. I've been to Maranello so many times to discuss this. I just wanted space."

On jokes happening in brazil involving his name, "I think people should realize it's a brazilian there, fighting to take our country's name further and higher. At start I just smiled cus it was making people happier but now I'm mature to say it's ridiculous, childish, silly and not funny. They should notice I'm brazilian too and respect me, cus I'm not prejudicing country, exactly the opposite. Then suddently cus of that a kid stop me on street and call me some silly names..."

On his contract for next season, "I didn't renew yet my contract. I love Senna family and I always supported them. I wish him (Bruno) the best and I want him to get in F1, so I'm sorry to be fighting against him for a seat. I seriously want him to be there, but he has just three years of experience and I have much more. I think he could accept a testing seat instead for an year and get to F1 already with F1 experience on following season, but still. I want brazilians to know I don't wanna race just cus 'I feel like'. I know if they give me a great car I can be a champion still."

ok i just translated this. i trascripted from tv where he gave an interview live just 10 min ago for a friend's website:

On homecountry TV Show 'Hoje em Dia', brazilian driver Rubens Barrichello spoke about his career in Formula One and his expectations for the future in the series...

Sounds a bit more like the RB I was used too..

Thanks Katy.

Yes, cheers Kati. How will Rubinho's remarks about Schumi having all those advantages go down in Brazil? And Hoje em Dia means News of the Day?

means 'nowadays'. i think hes just tired of people poking fun at him. its perfectly understandable, and i still think he was a much better driver for ferrari than felipe is.

His book will not certainly improve his image on people who already had a bad image of him (and it won't help much to improve his image on people like me, who think he wasn't that bad at all)

I agree that he chose to bear all that humiliation and the whole Schumi's bitch thing whne he could have simply go out to the newspapers and tell the world about it. I know he should have known from the beginning (and he admitted it in that interview) that his role would have been as Schumi's bitch.

On the other side, Ferrari and Schumi should have known from the beginning that, someday, he would talk. So they can't complain either if he decides to turn on the fan right now.

They will say he is a sore loser. And they will be right. He will say that they were a bunch of cheaters. And he will be right, too.

And we will get the benefit of knowing all this misery better thanks to his book. So bring it on :)

means 'nowadays'. i think hes just tired of people poking fun at him. its perfectly understandable, and i still think he was a much better driver for ferrari than felipe is.

Yeah I get the impression Brazilian F1 fans are quite passionate and outspoken, and filling Senna's overalls is an impossible task. Poor Rubinho. But maybe Ferrari would have let him win more if he hadn't insisted on blubbing and doing that silly dance every time it happened.

And we will get the benefit of knowing all this misery better thanks to his book. So bring it on :)

:lol: Yup! Can you speak Portuguese as well Andr

Ah maybe another reason to learn Spanish. It's the same with English actually: it helped us read Japanese until they flummoxed us by writing backwards.

Thanks a lot Kati.....

I now have a mixed opinion on this topic. RB has every right to complain, I understand him. But MS had every right to be the number one, because no other driver in history had ever been so comitted to an underperfoming team to make them what they are now. It was simply a case of an outsider trying to challenge you at your own soil where you enjoy a lot of support. They signed RB because they needed to fill the other car to collect data and points. RB signed for the wrong team at the wrong time. But I don't think he would have enjoyed the success he had if he went to another team.

MS built Ferrari, he was their unofficial boss. They workship him out there.