Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Rubens Book Comment...more To It Than Meets The Eye?

Thanks a lot Kati.....

I now have a mixed opinion on this topic. RB has every right to complain, I understand him. But MS had every right to be the number one, because no other driver in history had ever been so comitted to an underperfoming team to make them what they are now. It was simply a case of an outsider trying to challenge you at your own soil where you enjoy a lot of support. They signed RB because they needed to fill the other car to collect data and points. RB signed for the wrong team at the wrong time. But I don't think he would have enjoyed the success he had if he went to another team.

MS built Ferrari, he was their unofficial boss. They workship him out there.

For me, the conflict is to do with the element of competition. This is sport, everyone should be entitled to equality. I like Rubens and he has put in some strong drives over the years. Michael's record needs no introduction, nor my biased favouritism toward him. But if you consistently demonstrate to the powers that be, that you are the guy all resources should be thrown behind in order to get the very job done that you are racing for, it is logical for those people to give you what you need. Let me be clear, I am no fan of unearned unequal treatment where there has not been the opportunity for a team mate to compete. My basic understanding of the Ferrari set up was and is that both drivers have the opportunity to earn that backing. Yes, Michael must have started seasons with that backing and yes in the spirit of pure sport, that was wrong.

For me, the conflict is to do with the element of competition. This is sport, everyone should be entitled to equality. I like Rubens and he has put in some strong drives over the years. Michael's record needs no introduction, nor my biased favouritism toward him. But if you consistently demonstrate to the powers that be, that you are the guy all resources should be thrown behind in order to get the very job done that you are racing for, it is logical for those people to give you what you need. Let me be clear, I am no fan of unearned unequal treatment where there has not been the opportunity for a team mate to compete. My basic understanding of the Ferrari set up was and is that both drivers have the opportunity to earn that backing. Yes, Michael must have started seasons with that backing and yes in the spirit of pure sport, that was wrong.

From my point of view, Micheal was clearly favoured, but he earned it, and I got no complains about it. I have read stories of him staying in Maranello for more than 3am with his mechanics improving the car, adjusting them for next day morning test sessions..blah blah...I truly belive he was the main force behind Ferrari's success even to date. RB did get the equal treatment, but deep in everyone's mind in Ferrari, Micheal is the one who they wanted to see as the Worldchampion, honestly I belive they are right.

If Rubens starts his book or any comment with "Ok Michael was the better driver but.." then I'll listen. Until he is in denial about that basic fact, it is hard to take him seriously.

If Rubens starts his book or any comment with "Ok Michael was the better driver but.." then I'll listen. Until he is in denial about that basic fact, it is hard to take him seriously.

Why? He claimed that Schumacher was the greatest oh so many times. He just disagrees on the degree of "Greatness". Read Katy's post with the interview. Or read this:

Barrichello described Schumacher as the toughest opponent he has ever come across. "Hopefully I will be the same for him. I'm proud to work with him, as I am working with the best."

Source

Schumacher was at the same time one of the GOATs and a guy that was helped too much in detriment of his team partners (and yes, same goes for Alonso, though never at the same degree...at least you must be able to recognize that).

Being the greatest driver and having being favored (does that word even exist?) too much are not antithetical propositions.

Schumacher was at the same time one of the GOATs and a guy that was helped too much in detriment of his team partners (and yes, same goes for Alonso, though never at the same degree...at least you must be able to recognize that).

I think Lewis just made it look that way.

Being the greatest driver and having being favored (does that word even exist?) too much are not antithetical propositions.

Nope but we all know what you mean. The right word is 'favoured'. :P

I think Lewis just made it look that way.

Nope but we all know what you mean. The right word is 'favoured'. :P

:lol: Thank you, I stand corrected.